Upcoming promotions

Tee & Chilli

16 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

it's the same cat wallowing, 30% on each passenger = 60% on the second passenger

The new promotion is actually worse for solos, triples and in the very rare instance--quints.

• Like 2

Yes. The new promotion is worse for me. I am trying to book 2 cabins, one for me & hubby. One for daughter, SIL & granddaughter. The cabin with 3 is $500 higher now with the 60%. I emailed my TA the link from Post#3 to show that the 30% is extended. She looked in the system and it is gone and I can't get that pricing. Do you think that it's A lag in the system? How to go about getting the 30% pricing that was extended until August 10th.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SUESEABE said:

Yes. The new promotion is worse for me. I am trying to book 2 cabins, one for me & hubby. One for daughter, SIL & granddaughter. The cabin with 3 is $500 higher now with the 60%. I emailed my TA the link from Post#3 to show that the 30% is extended. She looked in the system and it is gone and I can't get that pricing. Do you think that it's A lag in the system? How to go about getting the 30% pricing that was extended until August 10th.

The 30% off is gone for now and you won't be able to get it. The flyer linked is really for TA's only. They switched back to 60% off 2nd and 4th pax early this week. As the fine print says...they can change whenever they want. 

The promotion I'm getting is that if I booked my same cruise today - all things considered - it would cost me another $4500.  So I'm loving that!  (And that's the cruise-only fare, it isn't even the All-Included I have... 😄)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The recent 'promotions' appear to be aligning with what they have often done for RCL sailings.  I always found humor in the many ways you can say x% off and still get the same overall for two people.  The game is a bit insulting but definitely good for a laugh.

One of course also has to expect that for these offers the cost is risen to allow for the x% off so the final number after taxes will vary very little (if any) from the non x% off offers the month prior.  🙂  Even funnier it might even wind up being more.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WorkerBee74 said:

The promotion I'm getting is that if I booked my same cruise today - all things considered - it would cost me another $4500.  So I'm loving that!  (And that's the cruise-only fare, it isn't even the All-Included I have... 😄)

Hahahaha ... this is what I was writing in my above post so fitting that you posted as I was typing.  Ya there is a lot of smoke and mirrors though sometimes there are gems among the offers but have to be wise to them.

5 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

Your best bet is to book it under the current promotion and then wait around for the 30% sale variant to come back at which time you can re-book it under that promotion as long as your are still outside of the final payment deadline.  You do run the risk of having the cruise fare rise in price before the 30% sale comes back in which case you will likely not come out ahead.

• Thanks 1

@mahdnc Thanks for the suggestion. Cruise not till March 5, 2023 but don't want to miss out on two cabins together that we picked. I'm playing with numbers now. I priced it as refundable with all included. TA told me 3rd in room would not get AI (I thought it was all passengers). I definitely want refundable but I will see how the numbers play out and may go with lowest available rate then watch for promos to add drink package (I can do kids package for granddaughter), WiFi & tips. Sharpen my pencil! 😉 

• Like 1

We saved $160 on each of 2 Caribbean cruises and got the added $400 OBC on 1 of them having already added  OBC  to the other one in the last promotion. Every little bit helps and I just keep checking.  No further savings for our May 2023 Mediterranean or 2024 Caribbean cruises.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The 30% off is gone for now and you won't be able to get it. The flyer linked is really for TA's only. They switched back to 60% off 2nd and 4th pax early this week. As the fine print says...they can change whenever they want. 

It's interesting that both the 30% for all passengers and the 60% BOGO promotions are showing on the promo calendar until 8/10.   Yes this promo calendar is for TA's but it's on a publicly visible website.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

It's interesting that both the 30% for all passengers and the 60% BOGO promotions are showing on the promo calendar until 8/10.   Yes this promo calendar is for TA's but it's on a publicly visible website.

Oh nice, 120% discount, they would pay us to cruise!  

• Haha 3

On 7/28/2022 at 1:44 AM, wrk2cruise said:

16 hours ago, poffles said:

Oh nice, 120% discount, they would pay us to cruise!  

Guess that would really work out to be 60% off over all but ya gotta love the never ending rotation of promotions.  The % off number game lately is a promotion that I find the most insulting as it is so obviously switching numbers, though I should thank them as it makes it the easiest one to identify that the 'new' promotion is exactly the same as a prior one if all base room cost remain unchanged.

Marketing at it's finest.  😁

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, poffles said:

Guess that would really work out to be 60% off over all but ya gotta love the never ending rotation of promotions.  The % off number game lately is a promotion that I find the most insulting as it is so obviously switching numbers, though I should thank them as it makes it the easiest one to identify that the 'new' promotion is exactly the same as a prior one if all base room cost remain unchanged.

Marketing at it's finest.  😁

Rotating equivalent promotions are often a useful way to reset the FOMO count down timer.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Rotating equivalent promotions are often a useful way to reset the FOMO count down timer.

Oh the emails are wonderful ... the sale is ending in 2 days ... the sale ends tomorrow ... only hours left before the sale ends ... OH WE EXTENDED THE SALE.  LMAO

Promotion is to sell more.   Doesn’t mean it is discounted or a bargain.  

I have 9 cruises booked and keep checking.   The prices for my category continue to go up or are sold out 

All of my cruises are in SS.  The price of the lower levels like AQ and CC when adding the perks now cost more than my SS and don’t get the SBC that I have, or the premium internet and premium drink pack. 

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

For this weekend (starting tomorrow), the current promotion will have its OBC bonus raised from "up to $200" to "up to $250": link

image.png.abe8087bdb0bf50a3e450afdefa7ef17.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

I booked a cruise with understanding that perks were included but "booking confirmation" says "No Perk Rate" but then a line below says "BOGO60".  Would one interpret that to mean our cruise includes standard perks?  I have a call into Celebrity but thought maybe(of course) this would be faster. It does show the $200 pp OBC.

Thanks.

Thanks.