10% Discount not applicable?

Hi Cruisers.  On my account (along with my Cruisenext certificates) is a MY 10% Discount that NCL put there after they cancelled my 2021 cruise due to Covid.  I'm trying to redeem it for an upcoming cruise but they're telling me I can't because it is in Canadian Dollars??  Makes no sense to me.  There is no $ amount attached to it. (( Some of my Cruisenext certificates are in Canadian Dollars )) Any advice on how to follow up on this?  

Who's they, NCL or your TA?  You're right the 10% is just 10% onto the base fare dollar amount.

At least you got a 10% discount.  For one of our cancelled cruise they said they'll give me 10% discount coupon, but didn't because we already have a 10% discount coupon from another cancelled cruise.

It's possibly an IT website problem, don't know.  May be worth reporting the issue to website admin if NCL has a way to do that.  I have no idea if this is the issue but I've had problems with my insurance company lately and the website programming was the issue.   The customer service rep at the insurance company got it fixed but it took several days.

If working with a TA would have them do the "legwork".

Edited by davencl
  • Like 1

From a corporation's perspective, I can easily see a base currency being associated with a 10% off certificate.  Their internal accounting department probably keeps track of those things for revenue commitment (outstanding financial obligations) purposes.  

I have no idea if that is told to the customer at the time they are given the certificate, but I can see them keeping track of it for a legitimate business reason.  I assume the original cruise was booked in Canadian Dollars.

Sorry it's becoming a problem for the OP.  Book the new cruise in Canadian Dollars?

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

I did use 2 Certificates and I 'might' understand if that's the reason they gave me Lol.  Just said I can't use it because it's in Canadian dollars.  I'm Canadian and paid in Canadian dollars.  They have no problem converting their US prices on their site to Canadian $$.  AND, only thing on my profile says "My 10% discount".  Going to make some phone calls and see if I can get anywhere with this.  No point in giving it to me if I can never use it.

Lesson learned , should have used a TA.  Unfortunately, my small town lost both TA agencies during Covid

Edited by labradorsunseeker
ADD

16 hours ago, labradorsunseeker said:

I did use 2 Certificates and I 'might' understand if that's the reason they gave me Lol.  Just said I can't use it because it's in Canadian dollars.  I'm Canadian and paid in Canadian dollars.  They have no problem converting their US prices on their site to Canadian $$.  AND, only thing on my profile says "My 10% discount".  Going to make some phone calls and see if I can get anywhere with this.  No point in giving it to me if I can never use it.

Lesson learned , should have used a TA.  Unfortunately, my small town lost both TA agencies during Covid

Wishing you good luck with your upcoming phone calls. Please come back and say how it all worked out, hopefully it will work out with you getting your 10% off.