Discount Drink Package?

Salem615

51 minutes ago, groundloop said:

The only time I've ever seen the drink package "discounted" was when it was offered as a package with the cruise rate, either an RU0, RU1, RU2 etc. rate.  And I haven't seen any of those offers in quite a while.

Other than the 10% "discount" by purchasing it before sailing, this.

I've got one of these offers right now, but I just can't sail when it would be valid.  So there is some hope of it appearing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, groundloop said:

The only time I've ever seen the drink package "discounted" was when it was offered as a package with the cruise rate, either an RU0, RU1, RU2 etc. rate.  And I haven't seen any of those offers in quite a while.

I bought it twice and maybe they know I only ordered a drink or two a day. I get cheers and wifi non stop. It ends and is replaced. Lol in fact the wifi offer is more per days than the cheers rate. They know I'm not a big drinker?

20220727_100808132.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mdsgu said:

Never!

Never say never...IIRC, there was one time, maybe right when the industry thought the pandemic pause was going to end after just a few months (but they were wrong, oh so wrong), when it was on special?

But that special rate evaporated along with the bookings when the pause kept going, and going...

And those special drinks-included rates that certain cruisers were offered right at the start-up.

But in general, "never" is a pretty good approximation!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, groundloop said:

The only time I've ever seen the drink package "discounted" was when it was offered as a package with the cruise rate, either an RU0, RU1, RU2 etc. rate. 

OP - and even then, it might not be the best deal.  I've paid for my cabin and Cheers separately because it was cheaper than their "free" Cheers offer.

• Like 1

46 Carnival Cruises and Sept will be 1st Cheers package!  Only because I got the special deal with my booking and it was literally less than $200 more total for 2 of us... and hubby's bottomless bubbles costs 1/3 of that much difference.  Then add in the occasional drink I do get, and the milkshakes and coffees and it was totally worth it.

I simply could not in a million years drink that much to cover normal prices.  I would spend the entire cruise passed out on the floor.  Have younger brother and girlfriend and mom and dad coming this time, and figure we will be "partying" a bit more with the younger group so figured a few more drinks and they will be free to me.  Especially when one drink is $15 now, and one milkshake was like $7 almost!  OMG!  

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 3

We also are getting cheers for the first time since Carnival offered the cheers to you for our upcoming cruise.

It's the first time I've seen them offer a discounted drinks rate with a booking and if we bought 2 decent drinks per day without the rate it would be the same cost.

I think the cheers package is over priced in its normal state and would not buy it on its own.

Talking of NCL, we got a great rate with them that included drinks and alsorts. Loved it.

Edited by Velvetwater
  • Like 1

Just now, Velvetwater said:

We also are getting cheers for the first time since Carnival offered the cheers to you for our upcoming cruise.

It's the first time I've seen them offer a discounted drinks rate with a booking and if we bought 2 decent drinks per day without the rate it would be the same cost.

I think the cheers package is over priced in its normal state and would not buy it on its own.

They have resurrected the RU1, RU2 and RU3 rates as target marketing to spur sales to those cruisers that have never purchased Cheers in the past.  It sucks for those who pay the regular rate, but when you buy it for all of your future Carnival sailings before the price increase from a few months ago, combined with the 10% pre-cruise rate  and then combine it with 10% off gift cards, it makes it a bit more palatable.

Here's a tip for you.  Go to Java cafe and get a double espresso.  Then go to the Alchemy Bar and have them turn it into two espresso martini's you can enjoy before dinner.

On 7/27/2022 at 3:09 PM, Velvetwater said:

Talking of NCL, we got a great rate with them that included drinks and alsorts. Loved it.

Ncl is nice

2 hours ago, southbayer said:

Could I please add a question to CHEERS topic... I have a final payment due on Aug 12 next week, to get the discount, do i have to add that and pay everything by that date... Or could I add it later, thanks

You don't need to add it before final payment, you can add it later.