Expired FCC from cruises cancelled during the pandemic

Geoffa30

Hi All

Hoping someone might be able to help with a query re FCCs accumulated during the pandemic for cancelled cruises. We had a cruise cancelled in March 2020 right at the beginning of the pandemic. We received the money paid and bonus FCC for the cancellation. We used this to book a cruise which we then cancelled before booking onto another. The second cruise, which is on the Emerald in October 2022, has just been shortened from 12 to 10 nights and we've received FCC back on our account for the cancelled days. However, this FCC expires on 31 December 2022 and seemingly we have to sail before then. Does anyone know what happens to expired FCCs? Are they lost or are they refunded? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

12 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

12 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

Hi All

Hoping someone might be able to help with a query re FCCs accumulated during the pandemic for cancelled cruises. We had a cruise cancelled in March 2020 right at the beginning of the pandemic. We received the money paid and bonus FCC for the cancellation. We used this to book a cruise which we then cancelled before booking onto another. The second cruise, which is on the Emerald in October 2022, has just been shortened from 12 to 10 nights and we've received FCC back on our account for the cancelled days. However, this FCC expires on 31 December 2022 and seemingly we have to sail before then. Does anyone know what happens to expired FCCs? Are they lost or are they refunded? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Maybe use it for an upgraded package, never stateroom or even your flight … 

I would hate to see them just go to waste.  

I have had all my FCC extended a couple of times now.  I had both goodwill credits and cash credits.  The first time they were extended in 2021 because Australia was still locked down and cruising had not restarted.  Then when we reopened, I put them towards a cruise for Jan 2023 before changing my plans and wanting to use them for a July 2023 cruise.  This was more complicated because they were due to expire in January 2023 AND my last remaining Future Cruise Deposit had already expired in Sept 2021.  It took them a month but they worked out how to extend and transfer all of them.  Which made me very happy!

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 8:22 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

You could ask for an extension.

For bonus FCCs earned from cancellations, they have been extremely hesitant to extend expiration dates. It's time to "use it or lose it".

• Like 2

You could use the leftover credit to upgrade to a higher cabin category.   You can use it to pay for flights if you booked air through Princess. You can use it to buy the Princess protection plan - that's what we did with our unused portion.  Our TA said anything that is added to the invoice can be paid using the credits.  So probably Princess transfers would count too.