Iona problem

SarahHben

7 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

I would honestly guess that P&O are definately in trouble. I don't believe they care about passengers and certainly can't be bothered about checking berthing before publishing an itinerary.Could the problem be financial as they seem determined to get your money before changing port visits?

Your dislike of P&O is getting a bit obvious 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, tring said:

It is not too late to hit the shops though.  They may be overpriced, but better spent there than lost together, (if it cannot be refunded as John thinks may be the case).

I have never seen anything worth buying in those shops.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

They sell wine and spirits on board, as well as ciggys for those who still smoke, and there is also perfume and cosmetics.

And various other merchandise, I bought the wife a nice watch

• Like 2

21 hours ago, tring said:

It is not too late to hit the shops though.  They may be overpriced, but better spent there than lost together, (if it cannot be refunded as John thinks may be the case).

I would have no problem spending it in the shops 😄

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Bazrat said:

And various other merchandise, I bought the wife a nice watch

I once came home with a £300 Swiss watch courtesy of P&O OBS from a previous problematic cruise.  Was not a bad price compared to English shops.

• Like 4

I bought an expensive Swiss watch a few years ago and soon found that I never wear it so it languishes in a drawer at home and I sport a cheap Casio watch that does not tell you the time on alpha centauri etc etc. The use of OBC compensation is meant to mislead as the cost to the company is less than the headline amount.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I bought an expensive Swiss watch a few years ago and soon found that I never wear it so it languishes in a drawer at home and I sport a cheap Casio watch that does not tell you the time on alpha centauri etc etc. The use of OBC compensation is meant to mislead as the cost to the company is less than the headline amount.

The value of OBC is less to the company but it is face value to the customer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

You could say the same for everything you buy, the seller has to have a profit otherwise he would not bother.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

Sign of a bad company knowingly selling you a product you didn't require

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bazrat said:

Your dislike of P&O is getting a bit obvious 

My feelings about P&O are the same as those about any company that promises one thing and does not deliver. I have had two reasonable cruises with them on Britannia and Iona.  I have also had several on  RCI which were exceptional and 1 on Magellan which was disastrous. P&O are a disaster waiting to happen. Look at their recent record of missed ports, not informing people of changes until after they have paid etc etc.They leave a lot to be desired in PR.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

My feelings about P&O are the same as those about any company that promises one thing and does not deliver. I have had two reasonable cruises with them on Britannia and Iona.  I have also had several on  RCI which were exceptional and 1 on Magellan which was disastrous. P&O are a disaster waiting to happen. Look at their recent record of missed ports, not informing people of changes until after they have paid etc etc.They leave a lot to be desired in PR.

The sales on P&O are very good going into the Autumn months apart from the Azura fly cruises which seem to be getting left a little.  Apart from the adult only ships the prices are attractive especially with all the scares about airports - I'm pleased to report two more Gatwick trips no delays by the way.

There may be some on here getting aerated about changed ports but presumably the people booking just want a break.  To be truthful if you don't know about the odds and sods missing the itineraries, ships etc look great value.

I believe you are speaking with your feet after your next cruise and maybe sticking with RCI which you think is great will be the way to go for you personally.  However it's very extreme to call P&O a disaster.  I loved my Celebrity cruise but their Customer Service prior to it was equally as bad as P&O with misleading information on testing, quarantine and ports.  The boards were littered over there with irate passengers, same complaints as here.

If you want to talk bad PR and treating customers unfairly Princess have to date not even acknowledged my problems earlier this month.  I am appalled at their apathy.

Basically I'd say they're all as bad as each other before sailing and some are downright ignorant but they are all about the same.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, davecttr said:

Looking forward the that episode of Antiques Roadshow 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

Your choice to use P&O or not. Plenty of alternatives. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

They sell wine and spirits on board, as well as ciggys for those who still smoke, and there is also perfume and cosmetics.

Yes they sell them, but you are only allowed one bottle of spirits each to take off, that wouldn't eat up the OBC.  They never sell the perfume I use either.

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes they sell them, but you are only allowed one bottle of spirits each to take off, that wouldn't eat up the OBC.  They never sell the perfume I use either.

You are now allowed 4 litres of spirits each.

https://www.gov.uk/bringing-goods-into-uk-personal-use/arriving-in-Great-Britain

Even so, it may not use up all your OBC.

Brian

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bin man said:

Looked at your link other goods upto £390 Is that allowance per person.I.e. if you had a total of say £400 obc each are you able to use it for other goods .

Duty free allowances are per person

Brian

Thanks Brian. Done 30 cruises and always feel guilty coming through customs, although never gone over any limits .Only stopped once but didn't even open suitcase to check just told them nothing to declare 

Once returning from Greece in December with Metaxa over the limit, told to drink it or hand it over. Partner had a good swig and told Customs Officers to enjoy their Xmas party. Don't believe they used to pour it down the drain.!

4 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

The sales on P&O are very good going into the Autumn months apart from the Azura fly cruises which seem to be getting left a little.  Apart from the adult only ships the prices are attractive especially with all the scares about airports - I'm pleased to report two more Gatwick trips no delays by the way.

There may be some on here getting aerated about changed ports but presumably the people booking just want a break.  To be truthful if you don't know about the odds and sods missing the itineraries, ships etc look great value.

I believe you are speaking with your feet after your next cruise and maybe sticking with RCI which you think is great will be the way to go for you personally.  However it's very extreme to call P&O a disaster.  I loved my Celebrity cruise but their Customer Service prior to it was equally as bad as P&O with misleading information on testing, quarantine and ports.  The boards were littered over there with irate passengers, same complaints as here.

If you want to talk bad PR and treating customers unfairly Princess have to date not even acknowledged my problems earlier this month.  I am appalled at their apathy.

Basically I'd say they're all as bad as each other before sailing and some are downright ignorant but they are all about the same.

Our cruise on Iona next March will not take place, however in order to save our deposit we may move the cruise forward to a smaller one in about 18 months to two years time. If P&O have not improved then it will be goodbye and we will cancel and lose our deposit. I take your points Megabear but anyone can see the behaviour is letting P&O down. I am sorry to say it as we have loved Britannia, although I must be honest and say my fav. ship is Independance of the Seas. It is just a shame that not that many cruise lines use Southampton therefor the choice is not very wide. Time to try others though and see what happens after September. AS an afterthought Megabear, we have been openly lied to by P&O and that I cannot  let go.

1 hour ago, Yorkypete said:

Our cruise on Iona next March will not take place, however in order to save our deposit we may move the cruise forward to a smaller one in about 18 months to two years time. If P&O have not improved then it will be goodbye and we will cancel and lose our deposit. I take your points Megabear but anyone can see the behaviour is letting P&O down. I am sorry to say it as we have loved Britannia, although I must be honest and say my fav. ship is Independance of the Seas. It is just a shame that not that many cruise lines use Southampton therefor the choice is not very wide. Time to try others though and see what happens after September. AS an afterthought Megabear, we have been openly lied to by P&O and that I cannot  let go.

Plenty of cruise lines use Southampton. Sure you can find an alternative to P&O.. Good luck!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yorkypete said:

It is and always your choice to pick which cruise line you use, your obviously unhappy with P&O so my advice is walk away and use the cruiseline you enjoy.

Edited by Bazrat
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Sorry I must be missing the point, but do you not use your obc to buy drinks or use the pay for restaurants ?