Tipping for the Diamond Drinks loaded on your card

Based on the reaction I get from servers I think most people aren't tipping on voucher drinks. It may be they just think it's included in the daily gratuity charge and they don't give it a second thought. Or they figure free is free. I never tip on the water bottles. Five dollar tip on a two mixed drink order. Two dollars on a beer or glass of wine. I think my father must have ingrained in me to never leave one dollar lol. I carry my cash in my lanyard, it's no big deal. I love the voucher system.

48 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Based on the reaction I get from servers I think most people aren't tipping on voucher drinks. It may be they just think it's included in the daily gratuity charge and they don't give it a second thought. Or they figure free is free. I never tip on the water bottles. Five dollar tip on a two mixed drink order. Two dollars on a beer or glass of wine. I think my father must have ingrained in me to never leave one dollar lol. I carry my cash in my lanyard, it's no big deal. I love the voucher system.

I also see servers acting very pleased to see a cash tip.  I have been under the impression that while tips on receipts are pooled, cash tips stay with the server.  And I have noticed numerous people failing to tip.  

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I also see servers acting very pleased to see a cash tip.  I have been under the impression that while tips on receipts are pooled, cash tips stay with the server.  And I have noticed numerous people failing to tip.  

A lot of people have drink packages where you've already paid 18% gratuity.

39 minutes ago, nferr said:

A lot of people have drink packages where you've already paid 18% gratuity.

That is true.  We have been sitting close to others in the theater, in the MDR, and at bars and heard their mention of “Diamond drink” as they ordered, right before they did not tip.

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Yeah, I know how that would work. I wasn't criticizing your thinking just making a sarcastic remark about a certain tip police. There is at least one on this thread that believes if he doesn't actually see someone tip the server that person is stiffing the server. I obviously disagree. 

Oh, please, knock off your sanctimonious BS.   No one was talking about a tip police but YOU.  I just made an observation, and you seem to twist it in your convoluted mind.    What part of "observation" don't you seem to understand instead of attempting to "slight" me into being some sort of tip police.   I would surmise folks who brag about being great tippers are actually the cheapskates.   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

That is true.  We have been sitting close to others in the theater, in the MDR, and at bars and heard their mention of “Diamond drink” as they ordered, right before they did not tip.

Be careful.  Someone on this thread might think you are part of the "tip police."  😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

You just made an observation, and someone will accuse you of bring part of the CC tip police.  LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

Oh, please, knock off your sanctimonious BS.   No one was talking about a tip police but YOU.  I just made an observation, and you seem to twist it in your convoluted mind.    What part of "observation" don't you seem to understand instead of attempting to "slight" me into being some sort of tip police.   I would surmise folks who brag about being great tippers are actually the cheapskates.   

You sure tip over easy. That is my observation of you.  😂  Enjoy your evening. 🍻

• Haha 1