Fantasy Class Ships- Porthole Cabins?

ew101

I was just looking at very low fares for outside cabins on the remaining Fantasy class ships.  But we prefer a couch or side chair in the cabin (DW likes to knit).  These are apparently a "no" on the ordinary picture window (i.e. 6C) outside cabins.  But older deck plans show "PT" (porthole) cabins forward on several of the decks that seem to have couches.  I can't seem to actually find or book one of these cabins.    

Edited by ew101

1 hour ago, ew101 said:

I was just looking at very low fares for outside cabins on the remaining Fantasy class ships.  But we prefer a couch or side chair in the cabin (DW likes to knit).  These are apparently a "no" on the ordinary picture window (i.e. 6C) outside cabins.  But older deck plans show "PT" (porthole) cabins forward on several of the decks that seem to have couches.  I can't seem to actually find or book one of these cabins.    

Perhaps you were looking at a 1A porthole cabin that is a twin bed and a convertible sofa?

On 7/28/2022 at 11:14 PM, ew101 said:

Found them.  They are sold as inside cabins 🙂 I had to find a very empty sailing for them to appear.  But they are a good price performer.  

I love a Fantasy class PT cabin, prices use to be really good.

My first cruise was in a port hole cabin on the Fantasy.  The complaint that I had on this cabin was it was above the bow thrusters and the anchor.  I wasn't able to sleep in due to the noise when arriving in port.  I'm not a fan and avoid those at all cost.

• Like 1