Try a "New" Cruise Line? OR Cancel World Cruise?

stoogesmom

Hubby and I have booked a Cunard World Cruise for 2023.  Due to unforeseen business circumstances he will no longer be able to cruise but is encouraging me to go ahead with the voyage on my own.  I have no problem going solo...except for the PRICE!  Going from double to single occupancy makes a huge difference in cost.  I do understand why this is.  I have done some research and noticed that the P & O World Cruise is substantially less costly.  The itinerary looks excellent as well.

We have cruised over 30 times with Cunard, NCL, and Royal, never with P & O.

So my question is...do I bravely change to an "unknown to me" cruise line and go with the flow OR cancel a 2023 World Cruise altogether?

I should mention that 2023 seems to be our ideal year and due to some current minor mobility issues, sooner rather than later works for us.

I, too, recommend taking a short 7 or less nights on the ship used for the World Cruise.  Especially note how solo cruisers are treated and what activities are offered for solo travelers.  Ask questions and get involved in those activities.  It may work for you.

Always try a new to you line prior to comitting to a long, expensive cruise. I would not do Cunard unless I was a Brit. I tried Cunard many years ago; hated food.  Consider Oceania which recently converted its E cabins to solos. Casual elegance at its best. Wonderful food and ports.

I disagree with zoncom about Cunard.  We're American and Cunard is our line of choice.  Their lecturers and sea-day activities are very good and we enjoy the food.  We have done several world cruise segments and are doing the full world in 2023 on Queen Victoria.

• Like 1