Medallion App - "This booking is already claimed" / OceanCready Profile

I've been one of the many blessed people to have trouble with the Medallion App, when I go to upload all of my important travel documents, it's takes a while to load then spits me out to the OceanReady Profile page with the words "Something went wrong. Please try again later" in red, so I sign in, well, attempt too and I am told my booking is already claimed. "This booking has already been claimed'. Yes, it's claimed by me, but this error is not letting me put in any of my documents. Before it spits me over to the OceanReady Profile page, I DO see the Important Documents page for a glimpse of a second. I don't know why it spits me out to resign in every single time, this happens with my parents as well.

I really don't know what to do, has this happened with anyone else? If so, have you found a solution? Should we bring our important documents overseas instead of trying to continue importing them into this horrible app? It's super stressful because again, we are coming from overseas onto this trip and it'll be our longest so it's just more nerve-racking if you get what I mean.

Thank you for your assistance! ❤️

You have not mentioned what type of device you are using...but that really doesn't make a big difference.  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?  Many people have claimed that this worked for them.  You might give it a shot if you have not already...

• Like 2

Having the same trouble, but for me it's only with the "accept the Passage Contract" box ... Spins for a while then the "I accept Box" appears for a couple of seconds, and then poof it kicks me out with the "something went wrong" or try again later, or some such ...

Been happening for weeks now

• Like 1

Happens to me if I use my booking number. I just use my regular login (same as princess.com) and everything works fine. The app still has a stupid glitch when trying to link a booking number. If I just so my normal login the booking number is already there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ieatmonsteraleaves said:

I've been one of the many blessed people to have trouble with the Medallion App, when I go to upload all of my important travel documents, it's takes a while to load then spits me out to the OceanReady Profile page with the words "Something went wrong. Please try again later" in red, so I sign in, well, attempt too and I am told my booking is already claimed. "This booking has already been claimed'. Yes, it's claimed by me, but this error is not letting me put in any of my documents. Before it spits me over to the OceanReady Profile page, I DO see the Important Documents page for a glimpse of a second. I don't know why it spits me out to resign in every single time, this happens with my parents as well.

I really don't know what to do, has this happened with anyone else? If so, have you found a solution? Should we bring our important documents overseas instead of trying to continue importing them into this horrible app? It's super stressful because again, we are coming from overseas onto this trip and it'll be our longest so it's just more nerve-racking if you get what I mean.

Thank you for your assistance! ❤️

Yes, do try deleting the App and reinstalling it. 

Also, try the web version using the link in Cruise Personalizer.

I really need more details of your situation and the steps you have done in order to figure out anything else.

You can also call Princess and listen to the phone tree options and select help with MC App and work with them. 

Sorry for the couple of days delay for a reply, it's been a bit busy here.

We have ALL (my family) done the good ol' uninstall and reinstall many times, we've even tried only having one person having the app on their phone, also tried using the website version on the computer, with no positive outcomes happening with this issue. I find it weird how my entire family is having the same issue with the Personal Information and Documents area. I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max, my parents both use Samsung A21s. 

My mum was sent an email which apologised for the issues we were dealing with from Princess and gave us a phone number to call, specifically do to with the apps issues, we've received two numbers now so we might be on the right track to getting to the bottom of the issue and resolving it.

I've attached a video, hopefully you can all see it, of me showing the issues we have.

Travel Checklist > Personal Information and Documents > Loading for a while > shows Personal Information and Documents at the top for a brief second > sends me to OceanReady Profile with the words "Something went wrong. please try again later". 

That's all the steps, again, I hope you can all see the video (I don't use forums often and even as a techy person they kinda confuse me). 

Thank you all for your time and help! ❤️

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 7:31 PM, ieatmonsteraleaves said:

Travel Checklist > Personal Information and Documents > Loading for a while > shows Personal Information and Documents at the top for a brief second > sends me to OceanReady Profile with the words "Something went wrong. please try again later". 

For me, after loading it tells me to link my booking. The problem is the only field I can access is the booking number. I cannot enter my name or DOB and so it doesn’t do anything 😡 And yes, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. 🤷🏻‍♀️😡

I really hope the medallion app works on the ship. 🤞

7158AA4F-8632-4257-A030-3C7517430201.thumb.jpeg.87fd5edefd160da8de43ebe764d2a9e3.jpeg

8 hours ago, dobiemom said:

For me, after loading it tells me to link my booking. The problem is the only field I can access is the booking number. I cannot enter my name or DOB and so it doesn’t do anything 😡 And yes, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. 🤷🏻‍♀️😡

I really hope the medallion app works on the ship. 🤞

7158AA4F-8632-4257-A030-3C7517430201.thumb.jpeg.87fd5edefd160da8de43ebe764d2a9e3.jpeg

And once again... do not attempt to Link a Booking.  Ignore such an offer and do the login using Booking Number, Name, Birthdate.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hopefully someone sees this even though it was a few months ago..  I've spent probably 10 hours on the phone now trying to fix this same problem..  I have uninstalled the app many many times, logged in and out many times in all of the ways detailed here, including from a computer, and nothing works.  EVERY single time I call Princess I get an out of country (Philippines) help desk that has no idea how to fix these issues (unable to enter info when I try to go ocean ready, correct page pops up briefly, sometimes get to enter info, and I get "this booking has already been claimed" etc etc..) and they won't give me a phone number for the "Medallion Desk," my cruise consultant keeps telling me to call.  I call customer service (not my CC) and ask to be transferred to the Medallion Desk, and I end up out of country again.  

I've been told this happens when you use the same address, phone number, and email for the second guest in the cabin.  All of those things were fixed.

***Does anyone have the direct number to Princess IT?!!***  As in the real Medallion Desk?  I have tried every phone tree option, and it seems to be impossible. I'm not worried about getting on the ship, but I want to use the damn app once I'm onboard!  

Thank you! 

This is a common problem.  Nothing you can do on your end will fix it.  

800-PRINCES, option 2, option 1, option 1, option 2.   It will be an overseas call center.  Tell them you can’t log in to the app with your booking number and that you need a ticket opened.  The booking number will be the ticket ID. 

There is no other magic path.   All escalations have to start this way.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, seapig said:

Hopefully someone sees this even though it was a few months ago..  I've spent probably 10 hours on the phone now trying to fix this same problem..  I have uninstalled the app many many times, logged in and out many times in all of the ways detailed here, including from a computer, and nothing works.  EVERY single time I call Princess I get an out of country (Philippines) help desk that has no idea how to fix these issues (unable to enter info when I try to go ocean ready, correct page pops up briefly, sometimes get to enter info, and I get "this booking has already been claimed" etc etc..) and they won't give me a phone number for the "Medallion Desk," my cruise consultant keeps telling me to call.  I call customer service (not my CC) and ask to be transferred to the Medallion Desk, and I end up out of country again.  

I've been told this happens when you use the same address, phone number, and email for the second guest in the cabin.  All of those things were fixed.

***Does anyone have the direct number to Princess IT?!!***  As in the real Medallion Desk?  I have tried every phone tree option, and it seems to be impossible. I'm not worried about getting on the ship, but I want to use the damn app once I'm onboard!  

Thank you! 

I would also send a message to IT email address and explain your problem and what you have tried to do.  This is not acceptable and they need to fix your login.  
Make sure to include:

Your full name and DOB

Ship and sailing date

Booking number

A360ad7@carnival.com

• Like 2

We had the same problem several months ago, tried everything mentioned above, nothing worked.  I did put in a call to tech support, they couldnt help and escalated the problem to a higher up.  Several weeks later all was ok.  They never phoned to tell me problem was fixed, found out when I tried again later.  

from our experience, I would suggest trying to complete medallion info early given any problems might take their techs a while to fix.

• Like 2

Thanks to all for the replies! Yeah, I’m done trying to call anyone, as the only place anyone at Princess can send you for help is back to the Philippines. They really don’t want anyone to access their real IT department. I will give that email PacnGoNow listed.

Our cruise is 10 days away now, and my girlfriend can’t even get any info to show up. It just says “no booking found”. Our cruise on Feb 25th shows up, and there’s no issues at all with that one for either of us. My guess is the whole problem started because a few weeks ago I canceled an existing booking for this same cruise (and got 50 percent CC refund, and 50 percent future cruise credit) and rebooked because it was now $450 cheaper. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

This is a common problem.  Nothing you can do on your end will fix it.  

800-PRINCES, option 2, option 1, option 1, option 2.   It will be an overseas call center.  Tell them you can’t log in to the app with your booking number and that you need a ticket opened.  The booking number will be the ticket ID. 

There is no other magic path.   All escalations have to start this way.  

Yeah I’ve pushed 2,1,1,2 so many times in the last two weeks my head spins.  You have to talk to them 5-10 min before they will finally believe you about them not fixing it and yet another “ticket” will get issued with no results. 

It finally works!!  For anyone reading this thread.. don’t waste time calling, as you will not get results. Trust me. What PacnGoNow said is the best advice. Use that email he lists. I sent one to askoceanmedallion@carnival.com 2 days ago, and here’s the reply-  

the email I used, and the one PNGW showed is the same thing. 5FEA1FF0-8446-4652-B9C7-9ABA6709727C.thumb.jpeg.c2fcbd95814ab94cec1ab7d8c7b25ca6.jpegEF78A8FA-C475-4E72-8A25-2EADCE7CD359.thumb.png.51aa35138b69499c21eb19cdd15393c8.png

16 minutes ago, seapig said:

It finally works!!  For anyone reading this thread.. don’t waste time calling, as you will not get results. Trust me. What PacnGoNow said is the best advice. Use that email he lists. I sent one to askoceanmedallion@carnival.com 2 days ago, and here’s the reply-  

the email I used, and the one PNGW showed is the same thing. 5FEA1FF0-8446-4652-B9C7-9ABA6709727C.thumb.jpeg.c2fcbd95814ab94cec1ab7d8c7b25ca6.jpegEF78A8FA-C475-4E72-8A25-2EADCE7CD359.thumb.png.51aa35138b69499c21eb19cdd15393c8.png

So glad they were able to straighten it out for you.  Have a great cruise.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 11/30/2022 at 8:46 PM, seapig said:

Thanks to all for the replies! Yeah, I’m done trying to call anyone, as the only place anyone at Princess can send you for help is back to the Philippines. They really don’t want anyone to access their real IT department. I will give that email PacnGoNow listed.

Our cruise is 10 days away now, and my girlfriend can’t even get any info to show up. It just says “no booking found”. Our cruise on Feb 25th shows up, and there’s no issues at all with that one for either of us. My guess is the whole problem started because a few weeks ago I canceled an existing booking for this same cruise (and got 50 percent CC refund, and 50 percent future cruise credit) and rebooked because it was now $450 cheaper. 

Im getting the exact same thing. I booked it, and then months later they had a few cabins left selling £1000 cheaper than the original price we booked it for. So we booked again, and cancelled the original over the phone. Now I cant get into ocean ready. ive emailed the email suggested above, so fingers crossed it will get sorted. Im from the uk so we ither have to phone our number, or try the live chat if we dont get no joy over email.