Trading in Mini bar set up

Ron the Rev

9 hours ago, Likes2cruise said:

I'm still confused.  With the new Premier upgrade, is it still necessary to have a coffee card?  Or is that included in the new package???  Will probably exchange my minibar anyway as I have done in the past.

No. There is no benefit for doing the trade as anything you can get with a coffee card you can get with the Plus package and the  Premier package.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Are you on my cruise?  You can give one of your coffee packages to my wife.  Actually, I will trade you half of our mini-bar for one coffee pkg.  😉

I thought the coffee package is loaded in the Medallion.  So the other person needs to be there with his/her medallion to use his/her coffee package?

3 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

I thought the coffee package is loaded in the Medallion.  So the other person needs to be there with his/her medallion to use his/her coffee package?

It's not really on the Medallion.  It's a setup on stateroom account.  It was mostly a joke and it would require a guest to be able to give or transfer the coffee package to another guest at Passenger Services (and I don't even know if that is possible).  A work-around would be Person A buys a coffee package and Person B gives them the cash or deposits it in Person A's stateroom account.

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It's not really on the Medallion.  It's a setup on a stateroom account.  It was mostly a joke and it would require a guest to be able to give or transfer the coffee package to another guest at Passenger Services (and I don't even know if that is possible).  A work-around would be Person A buys a coffee package and Person B gives them the cash or deposits it in Person A's stateroom account.

Sorry, I didn't know it was just a joke.  😆 The reason I asked was that my sister always cruises with us but not in the same cabin with us and she is not an Elite, so she always bought her coffee package, because she thinks it is inconvenient to have to look for us every time she wanted coffee.  From what you said, I thought maybe from now on, I can just transfer my package to her account.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Sorry, I didn't know it was just a joke.  😆 The reason I asked was that my sister always cruises with us but not in the same cabin with us and she is not an Elite, so she always bought her coffee package, because she thinks it is inconvenient to have to look for us every time she wanted coffee.  From what you said, I thought maybe from now on, I can just transfer my package to her account.  

If you trade in your entire mini bar, you should be able to get two coffee packages for it and designate one for your sister. You may have to get passenger services to work it out correctly. The "free" brewed coffee that comes with the package is not supposed to be transferable. If you have a coffee package, you can buy her a specialty coffee but not the free brewed coffee. 

When my husband and I travel together on longer cruises, I'll buy the coffee package. He gets the cappuccinos after dinner and I get the free specialty teas.

6 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Yes, you can transfer a coffee package to another passenger and it is ‘on’ their medallion. I have traveled solo and traded in my ‘elite’ minibar for 2 coffee packages.

I was traveling with friends so I asked guest services to add the other coffee packages to one of my friends who were in another cabin. All you need is the passengers name and cabin number. Guest services says the coffee package is loaded by charging it to the passenger, then the charge is credited back.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, wallyj said:

Yes, you can transfer a coffee package to another passenger and it is ‘on’ their medallion. I have traveled solo and traded in my ‘elite’ minibar for 2 coffee packages.

I was traveling with friends so I asked guest services to add the other coffee packages to one of my friends who were in another cabin. All you need is the passengers name and cabin number. Guest services says the coffee package is loaded by charging it to the passenger, then the charge is credited back.

That is nice to know.  Thank you!

• Like 1