U.K. Sailings Testing changes?

joeecco

Am I correct in saying that the pre departure test no longer needs to be medically observed? 

All the website layout has changed and I can’t appear to find the wording ‘medically observed’ anymore. 

Hoping someone may have spoken to Princess to confirm this before I call them? 

12 minutes ago, joeecco said:

Am I correct in saying that the pre departure test no longer needs to be medically observed? 

All the website layout has changed and I can’t appear to find the wording ‘medically observed’ anymore. 

Hoping someone may have spoken to Princess to confirm this before I call them? 

From uk princess page today. Still need certificate but seems does not mention medically observed. 
https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/uk-southampton-cruises/

2 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

From uk princess page today. Still need certificate but seems does not mention medically observed. 
https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/uk-southampton-cruises/

It doesn’t say “medically observed”, but it also doesn’t say “self-administered” like it does on the Australian departures. So, like you, I’m presuming nothing has changed and you still need a negative certificate in some shape or form, requiring third party involvement.

Its buried in the FAQ under what documents do I need to bring:

At terminal check-in guests must provide proof of a negative medically observed viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken before or at embarkation.

CruiseHealth™ FAQ: Sailings from the the United Kingdom - Princess Cruises

I had to read every single thing on the website to find this. If its that hard to find, I don't blame people getting confused

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, defbref said:

Its buried in the FAQ under what documents do I need to bring:

At terminal check-in guests must provide proof of a negative medically observed viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken before or at embarkation.

CruiseHealth™ FAQ: Sailings from the the United Kingdom - Princess Cruises

I had to read every single thing on the website to find this. If its that hard to find, I don't blame people getting confused

Yes it is hard to find. Why they don’t make this more clear under the testing part is causing confusion. 

46 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Yes it is hard to find. Why they don’t make this more clear under the testing part is causing confusion. 

It clearly states on the website 

sailings from Southampton…

From a LABORATORY or HEALTHCARE PERSONNEL…

What is acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test result?

The following formats are acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test: paper COVID-19 test results (original only, no photocopies accepted), digital or emailed COVID-19 test results or record of COVID-19 testing from a healthcare provider including original digital email notification or personal electronic health record.

The negative COVID-19 test result must include:

• Where the test was administered, including name and contact information for the laboratory or healthcare personnel who performed the test
  • Type of test (indicating it is a NAAT or antigen test)
  • A specimen collection date within the necessary time frame before cruise departure
  • Guest’s name and either date of birth, age or passport number
  • A negative test result using words or phrases including: 
    • Negative
    • Undetectable
    • SARS-CoV-2 RNA not detected
    • SARS-CoV-2 antigen not detected
    • COVID-19 not detected
    • Not reactive

Test results marked “invalid” are not accepted.

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It clearly states on the website 

sailings from Southampton…

From a LABORATORY or HEALTHCARE PERSONNEL…

What is acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test result?

The following formats are acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test: paper COVID-19 test results (original only, no photocopies accepted), digital or emailed COVID-19 test results or record of COVID-19 testing from a healthcare provider including original digital email notification or personal electronic health record.

The negative COVID-19 test result must include:

• Where the test was administered, including name and contact information for the laboratory or healthcare personnel who performed the test
  • Type of test (indicating it is a NAAT or antigen test)
  • A specimen collection date within the necessary time frame before cruise departure
  • Guest’s name and either date of birth, age or passport number
  • A negative test result using words or phrases including: 
    • Negative
    • Undetectable
    • SARS-CoV-2 RNA not detected
    • SARS-CoV-2 antigen not detected
    • COVID-19 not detected
    • Not reactive

Test results marked “invalid” are not accepted.

Yes but it doesn’t say medically supervised as the document answer does. You can take a test, send a photo to a supplier, and they will send certificate. This is not medically supervised. Some cruise lines have allowed this. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer

4 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Yes but it doesn’t say medically supervised as the document answer does. You can take a test, send a photo to a supplier, and they will send certificate. This is not medically supervised. Some cruise lines have allowed this. 

Never heard of sending a photo. I wouldn’t take that chance, but that’s just me.

Who knows…things are changing constantly.

16 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Never heard of sending a photo. I wouldn’t take that chance, but that’s just me.

Who knows…things are changing constantly.

P&O in UK accepted the photo approved test. They didn’t have to have medical supervision. They have now changed and just require you take a test the day before that is negative. No proof required at embarkation except health declaration. 

3 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

P&O in UK accepted the photo approved test. They didn’t have to have medical supervision. They have now changed and just require you take a test the day before that is negative. No proof required at embarkation except health declaration. 

Yes, I saw that.