Solstice Aft Sky Suite Cabin vs Aqua midship bump cabin

Z-Bird

The recent threads on aft S1 cabins have caught my attention and I am considering booking one on the Solstice.   There was discussion on another thread about how the balconies on these cabins on the Eclipse differ in size a lot between deck 6 and deck 11.  I am looking at one on Deck 9.  Would it have the bigger balcony?  And can the beds be separated?

My other option is a midship aqua cabin on the bump.  The pricing is about $600 total between them for a 7 night cruise.  Any feedback on what you would choose?

We have stayed in both on the S class ships.  We enjoyed our corner S1 on top deck.  However, our S2 just next door was equally as good.  Both were the upper deck because we prefer shade.  The amount of coverage and size of balcony does change as you go lower.  There is a bit of noise from above on the top deck.  The slant balconies are bigger.  We did enjoy the a retreat experience and Luminae, but we liked Blu as well.  Another consideration is a a concierge or plan verandah on the slant.  With the $ you save you can buy a lot of specialty dining. There is no right answer.  It’s all about preferences.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

We have stayed in both on the S class ships.  We enjoyed our corner S1 on top deck.  However, our S2 just next door was equally as good.  Both were the upper deck because we prefer shade.  The amount of coverage and size of balcony does change as you go lower.  There is a bit of noise from above on the top deck.  The slant balconies are bigger.  We did enjoy the a retreat experience and Luminae, but we liked Blu as well.  Another consideration is a a concierge or plan verandah on the slant.  With the $ you save you can buy a lot of specialty dining. There is no right answer.  It’s all about preferences.

Thank you for the feedback.  Do you recall if the bed can be separated in to 2 in the corner sky suite?