On Divina now..good and bad

kittyboomboom1

ITs been a mixed bag.  Staff and food were above expectations.  I really like there are 4 and sometimes 5 live music options at the same time after the show.  Selection of music good, non native English singers doing the songs add some flavor.

The private island was a great surprise, especially the light show and beach party with the lighthouse.  Glad we got off the ship to be on the beach for that.  It was just very unique.  Weather was perfect for the light show.

NOw the not so good.  Took 1.5 hours from arrival at port Canaveral to bring on ship.  Got there about noon.

internet speed is crazy slow and unreliable.  Like 0.05 megs.  You read that right.  And bumps off a lot. I talked to internet desk and that is the best they do for 18 bucks a day.  Streaming is laughable.  Been on other lines with 10 and 20 megs.  Even at the island their hotspot was 0.08 megs.  Worse than dialup, lol

note:. Deck 13 is cheap for a reason.  Deck chairs right above, in some areas, very noisy in the room.  Get another deck if you can.

hope this info helps someone.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kittyboomboom1 said:

note:. Deck 13 is cheap for a reason.  Deck chairs right above, in some areas, very noisy in the room.  Get another deck if you can.

Agree on midship Deck 13, but these are generally assigned as Bella Balcony guarantees.  (We had 13086 once and it was very noisy in the morning)   In that case you'd have to pay to upgrade to Fantastica to pick your cabin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paphillyguy said:

Just an observation, the problems that you seem to be having are due to the fact that you chose to go with the lower cost options.  

Sadly I went with the most expensive option for the internet.   Also no TV channels ship wide.  I like to watch the news in the morning.

I am on the same cruise and am appalled at the internet speed. But, we found similar issues both on Princess and Royal Caribbean this Spring.  As for the "no TV channels  other than the MSC own informational channels", I do not understand what is going on with that. We also like to watch news occasionally. But, it is only a 4 day cruise for us, so we check google news occasionally and that works.

We are in a Bella guarantee inside on deck 11 and it is quiet and fine, even though the room is pretty small. We felt we got what we paid for!

We have found the food and entertainment to be good. All in all this has been a fine cruise. We even booked a cruise on the Meraviglia for February. That ship looks like it will be quite amazing. The current sale and future cruise goodies made it too hard to pass up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kittyboomboom1 said:

Sadly I went with the most expensive option for the internet.   Also no TV channels ship wide.  I like to watch the news in the morning.

Then that is unacceptable.  I know that the regular internet can be spotty but you would think that the best package would be better.  On the Seashore in Dec and June 22, we did not have any issue with the internet speeds

Interesting that you’re having internet problems. Been on Divina twice and didn’t have any issue with the speed. We always booked the all in drinks and WiFi (browse only) never tried to stream video. Is that where you’re having a problem?

Just booked Divina again today for Dec 30th. It’s our favorite ship of any cruise line we’ve been on. 

On 8/3/2022 at 9:22 AM, Paphillyguy said:

Just an observation, the problems that you seem to be having are due to the fact that you chose to go with the lower cost options.  

I've not seen this documented anywhere and this is solely the result of my own testing, but I don't believe there is any difference in speed between the packages. The surf package just blocks popular video streaming sites as well as media that they can tell is video.

Edited by publicpersona

We were on last month and the TVs were down then too. They said it was some ongoing issue they had been trying to repair. It got better toward the end of the cruise, but we upgraded to streaming and watched our services on our laptop by that point. The internet was strong enough to download movies then. Upon reflection, when the tv worked better, the internet was much slower. Hoping to be back on her next

month…hopefully they get it sorted soon.