FCC not accepted for down payment

MarkusToe

Ive a lot of FCC 

Now ive booked a new cruise and want to pay the down payment using the FCC.

X has confirmed I'm able to use the FCC to pay the cruise, but rejected them for down payment. 

Is that normal? 

Ive asked to use all the FCC, about 4kUS,

to use for this cruise now(4.6kUS) to have only a small rest to pay next year....

Edited by MarkusToe

In the past when I did this, I had to pay the port fees and taxes but was able to use FCC for the remainder of the down payment due. If your port fees and taxes are more than the down payment, that could be why you can't use FCC for any of the down payment. Or they've changed the rules.

TA said: X rejected the FCC, but accept them for total .....

One strenge thing i'm worried about:

The old TA, US based said: X state the FCC have a lifetime of 1 year.

On there Homepage and by Mail they state: unlimited lifetime. 

May be a trick.....: cruise is in13 months...

Then they come back: Bad luck FCC gone.... 

Edited by MarkusToe

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The US TA was correct when they told you that , but Celebrity recently changed the policy. 

Statement from TA was a few days ago.

Is there a difference if FCC are new or old once,used for payment and canceled again?

The old are coming from a 2019 Asia cruise X canceled.

Used to pay a may 22 cruise. The May cruise was canceled because of positive covid test 

Edited by MarkusToe

5 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

Is there a difference if FCC are new or old once,used for payment and canceled again?

Used to pay a may 22 cruise. The May cruise was canceled because of positive covid test 

Changed too many times to know.  We have an upcoming cruise with FCCs from 6 cruises.

In the past, no difference.   Now????

1 hour ago, MarkusToe said:

I think that Celebrity could make a valid case that the 25% bonus of the original FCC would be void after 12/31/2022.   I'd make sure to apply it to your 2023 prior to 12/31/2022 and hope it slips through the cracks.

No 25% bonus on the 2019 cancelled Asia sailing?   Oh I just assumed it was a covid cancellation but it's 2019.

That brings up the original question.  Is your current FCC purely a new FCC due to covid cancellation or is it all or in part the old one re-instated with the original expiry?   Wow.  

I'd look at the actual FCC email in your possession and see what it says for expiry.

31 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

No 25% bonus on the 2019 cancelled Asia sailing?   Oh I just assumed it was a covid cancellation but it's 2019.

That brings up the original question.  Is your current FCC purely a new FCC due to covid cancellation or is it all or in part the old one re-instated with the original expiry?   Wow.  

I'd look at the actual FCC email in your possession and see what it says for expiry.

Back in June, I received this from Celebrity...

Dear Valued Guest:
It’s the official start to summer and we’re entirely focused on providing the best, much-needed vacations at sea.
We want to ensure that you are able to join us, traveling when you are ready and able to.
That’s why we are so pleased to share with you that, as of today, we are removing redemption and sail-by date parameters from your Future Cruise Credits!

Here are some additional details:

-The portion of the FCC value that represents 100% of the cruise fare paid on your original reservation will no longer expire.

-If you also received a 25% bonus value as part of our Global Suspension, that will expire on the original expiration date or on 12/31/22, whichever is later.

-FCCs remain combinable.

We’ll keep your expiration date in the system as-is, so you know when to use your bonus. Then the day after your current expiration date passes, your credit will be updated to reflect the new value and the never-expiring extension. Your FCCs will be automatically updated to reflect these new terms.

It is our sincere hope that this adjustment provides you full flexibility to book your next Celebrity cruise vacation and from a wider selection of sailings.