Samsung Galaxy Tablet Android 11 not taking App

19 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Do you have a Samsung Galaxy phone?  I was going to get one but my SIL has one and she can't download the app onto the phone

Yes. Dh had an old flip phone of mine and before a Royal cruise where I wanted to be able to use the text feature on the Royal app I gave him my old S10 and I got a new S20.  Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Yes. Dh had an old flip phone of mine and before a Royal cruise where I wanted to be able to use the text feature on the Royal app I gave him my old S10 and I got a new S20.  Hope this helps.

Thanks  Don't know why the app is not available for her Samsung Galaxy phone.  It's a fairly new one.  Guess I might have to get an I Phone  Tried reading about sideloading apps and it's way above my pay grade

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Thanks  Don't know why the app is not available for her Samsung Galaxy phone.  It's a fairly new one.  Guess I might have to get an I Phone  Tried reading about sideloading apps and it's way above my pay grade

Exactly which app is she trying to get?  

47 minutes ago, molly361 said:

The Royal Caribbean app shown in the post above.

App on both our phones.  There is no app for the tablets. 

58 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

I checked in the play store and the only one of my devices I can install the app to is my phone:

Screenshot 2022-11-29 092426.jpg

Yes, no app for any of the tablets.

We have had Samsung Galaxy phones since the app came out and have been able to install the app on all our phones. Just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 and was able to transfer the apps from my phone to the tablet also. The Royal app transferred over and is working fine. 

1 minute ago, lr657 said:

We have had Samsung Galaxy phones since the app came out and have been able to install the app on all our phones. Just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 and was able to transfer the apps from my phone to the tablet also. The Royal app transferred over and is working fine. 

Good to know.

On 8/6/2022 at 4:48 AM, molly361 said:

This is what I returned  It's also Android 11  I did not try to transfer the apps.  Maybe I will reset the new tablet and try that  Thanks

SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 8.7" 32GB Android Tablet w/ Compact, Slim Design,

I bought one of these last week at Costco.  Imported the app via Smart Switch from my phone (Samsung Z Flip 3) and it works fine.  Tablet came with Android 12 though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mil76 said:

I bought one of these last week at Costco.  Imported the app via Smart Switch from my phone (Samsung Z Flip 3) and it works fine.  Tablet came with Android 12 though.

I have a samsung s4 tablet and I just did the smart switch.   It worked very well. Royal's app works.  There was one app that doesn’t work but that's ok.  Not sure if I'll use the app on the tablet for anything more than checkin.  Won't carry it around.  The phone is still easier to stick in my bag or pocket. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/29/2022 at 1:45 PM, mil76 said:

I bought one of these yesterday and the app won't install from the Play Store, but I DID find a site that has the apk and it's working fine after downloading that. NOT an app issue, a Play Store issue 😞

YMMV - https://royal-caribbean-international.en.uptodown.com/android 

38 minutes ago, GJustice said:

I bought one of these yesterday and the app won't install from the Play Store, but I DID find a site that has the apk and it's working fine after downloading that. NOT an app issue, a Play Store issue 😞

YMMV - https://royal-caribbean-international.en.uptodown.com/android 

That worked. I had to change settings twice. It kept telling me my tablet didnt allow downloads from unknown sources and I changed to allow twice and then it worked. Yea. Thanks. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, TROGON said:

Must you give uptodown a credit card number before downloading that app?  If so, were you ever charged for the FREE membership?  Thanks!

When you side load apps or download them from other than the Google Play store then you are taking a risk. Google spends large amounts of money to keep viruses and malicious apps out of Google Play. The third party app stores don’t have the same resources as Google. Certainly Royal Caribbean didn’t place their app in uptodown. So if you are downloading the version on uptodown the risk is all on you. I would consider downloading directly from an app’s developer but I would never download from an alternative App Store. Caveat Emptor. 

37 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

When you side load apps or download them from other than the Google Play store then you are taking a risk. Google spends large amounts of money to keep viruses and malicious apps out of Google Play. The third party app stores don’t have the same resources as Google. Certainly Royal Caribbean didn’t place their app in uptodown. So if you are downloading the version on uptodown the risk is all on you. I would consider downloading directly from an app’s developer but I would never download from an alternative App Store. Caveat Emptor. 

I believe GJustice this is a play store issue. The app used to work find on my tablet. My tablet is not the issue it's a IT issue. I am glad to have the app back. Do what you want ... I've seen his posts before enough to trust the download. I saw who posted it before I decided to download.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I believe GJustice this is a play store issue. The app used to work find on my tablet. My tablet is not the issue it's a IT issue. I am glad to have the app back. Do what you want ... I've seen his posts before enough to trust the download. I saw who posted it before I decided to download.

The issue is that Royal Caribbean in their infinite wisdom has decided not to support their app on tablets. That is why the version in the Google Play store does not work on tablets. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The issue is that Royal Caribbean in their infinite wisdom has decided not to support their app on tablets. That is why the version in the Google Play store does not work on tablets. 

Lol I was emailing with mbayley office and said this was them that they no longer supported tablets.  He kept arguing it was my tablet. Asked for specs and stuff ... rcl denies they stopped supporting tablets ... though its obvious to me we all cant be wrong. 

Just saying rcl disagrees with you. I'd contacted them about something else and this came up. 

7 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

I have a Samsung phone and tablet and used smart switch to bring the app from my phone to the tablet.   A recommendation from someone on this board.

And since with smart switch  you are transfering the app from your phone that was downloaded from Google Play that would be safe. Of course a future version of Android or the Royal app might not be campatible unless Royal decides to support the app on tablets. Are you never going to update you operating system or the app? Many Android updated address zero day vulnerabilities. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

ust saying rcl disagrees with you. I'd contacted them about something else and this came up. 

Someone contacted Celebrity, their version of the app has the same issue on tablets  and was told the opposite. That the app was only for smartphones. The problem is really the way Android works. It has to support a bunch of different manufacturers. So Royal/Celebrity has to test every update to their app on all major smartphones. They would have to do the same with every tablet.  That is work.hours. They would have to have your device to test. On Apple devices there is one manufacturer and the way the OS works the app will work on both phones and tablets until the devices are obsoleted which is a longer time than for Android hardware.