When are digital boarding passes available on Medallion app?

remydiva

We don't sail for a month but I'm trying to get my to do list ready. The webpage says the digital boarding passes are:

My ask is WHEN are they available? Nothing there now.

Does the boarding pass show the time as well?

thanks..first time cruising since Covid so this is all new to me.

MedallionClass Boarding:

Digital boarding passes for your MedallionClass Vacation are available in the MedallionClass app.

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If you are Green Line that is all you need. We didn't have actual "boarding passes" of any kind.

I am in Green line after filling in everything but I've seen others post that they got times. Is Green mean anytime you are 'good to go'? 

1 minute ago, Lizabu said:

I had a QR code I could access probably starting the day before the cruise. Maybe you have to do the health questions before it shows up.

I think i like the old way better...print it, had it in my hand and knew it was all ok. Now I gotta worry that my phone is charged enough etc etc.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, remydiva said:

We don't sail for a month but I'm trying to get my to do list ready. The webpage says the digital boarding passes are:

My ask is WHEN are they available? Nothing there now.

Does the boarding pass show the time as well?

thanks..first time cruising since Covid so this is all new to me.

MedallionClass Boarding:

Digital boarding passes for your MedallionClass Vacation are available in the MedallionClass app.

Just a thought, it sounds like maybe you didn’t select your embarkation time yet. It becomes available to select around 59-29 days before the cruise. You go into the medallion app and go to travel check list. Then personal information and documentation. Then scroll down to arrival and departure times

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, remydiva said:

I think i like the old way better...print it, had it in my hand and knew it was all ok. Now I gotta worry that my phone is charged enough etc etc.

I think even if you can’t get it open on your phone they can still bring you up in their computer pretty quickly 

7 minutes ago, Lizabu said:

Just a thought, it sounds like maybe you didn’t select your embarkation time yet. It becomes available to select around 59-29 days before the cruise. You go into the medallion app and go to travel check list. Then personal information and documentation. Then scroll down to arrival and departure times

I did and my travel checklist just say 'Your arrival status GREEN'

Under that are other options like My Preferences, Safety Essentials and medallion Net.

So is it like another person said that GREEN was all you needed?

The live Chat was useless for helping.

15 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If you are Green Line that is all you need. We didn't have actual "boarding passes" of any kind.

So does that mean you can embark anytime after it begins? I assumed there'd be assigned times to avoid too much congestion at the port...always an issue but especially during these times .

15 minutes ago, remydiva said:

Not really.  If you are Green Line the staff will see it on their devices. Unless you are boarding in (or visiting) nobody even looks at your phone. Canada requires the ArriveCan app so you phone can come into play there but it can also be printed document. Remember that not everybody has a "smart device".

Edited by Thrak

3 minutes ago, remydiva said:

So does that mean you can embark anytime after it begins? I assumed there'd be assigned times to avoid too much congestion at the port...always an issue but especially during these times .

There will be a place in the app to select your boarding time. Don't count on it really meaning anything though...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, remydiva said:

not so far and we are 42 days out...

Travel Checklist

Personal Information & Documents

Arrival & Departure Groups

Select Cruise (if you have more than 1 booked)

You should now see Arrival Groups (assuming they are available yet)

Click "Choose a group"

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lizabu said:

Maybe the pictures will help

916B578B-9DD9-4B51-9FF7-5CE81DC041BC.jpeg

C52BFBB2-1293-4B97-B417-93E491FF3229.jpeg
74B78EA2-5F6E-4E2D-BAE9-C0E69174BAC3.thumb.jpeg.ddb0f1ccc81a3549af01c40477834ae0.jpeg

THANK YOU! This is exactly what I needed to see...didn't know where to find it (apparently neither did LIVE CHAT either). Ok...I've selected and mid day time knowing it can be later but it gives me an ETA of getting UBER to the port. Again thank you for your help..muchly appreciated.

• Like 1

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

It's different for almost every sailing.  I could throw a number out there and *somebody* would have an issue with it!

ok i'll bite...'12'....hahah.

we are 42 days out and groups were available...some as early as 1030 which seems too early to give crew a chance to turn around rooms.

I don't know how many cruises you have taken since the medallion was first rolled out, but after quite a few I have come to realize that the whole arrival group assignment is just a (lame) way to *try* and spread out when everyone tries to rush the gangplank.  I have NEVER had my arrival group checked at the pier!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, remydiva said:

ok i'll bite...'12'....hahah.

we are 42 days out and groups were available...some as early as 1030 which seems too early to give crew a chance to turn around rooms.

We were able to select 10:30 for our Alaska cruise in 5 weeks. Our Australia cruise which is 88 days shows no group available. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whataboutport said:

Is Princess the line that all rooms are ready as soon as they allow boarding? Or has that changed after covid?

It used to be that way, but even pre-pandemic boarding could start as early as 11:30 AM but cabins would not be available sometimes until about 1 PM.

So, your cabin may be available if you are an early boarder or it may not.

22 minutes ago, caribill said:

It used to be that way, but even pre-pandemic boarding could start as early as 11:30 AM but cabins would not be available sometimes until about 1 PM.

So, your cabin may be available if you are an early boarder or it may not.

You got all of your bases covered.  Love it!

On all of my post covid cruises, cabins were ready upon embarkation.  But then again, cruises were not running at full capacity.  

I have a 10:30 Group A.  It will be interesting if they can turn the ship around by then.  We will be the only ship in port.  Hopefully that will speed up disembarkation AND embarkation.