Specialty Dining

Desert Cruisers

when i wanted to book a specialty restaurant using obc, i was told it can only be done on the ship, not before boarding the ship.  i hope that was the correct answer.  they said i could book a specialty restaurant before boarding the ship if i wanted to use a credit card to pay for it.  i declined that alternative.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Desert Cruisers said:

I have a few questions about the specialty dining options - Aqualina, Prime C, and Chef's Table:

1. What is the price for these dining venues? 
  2. Does anyone have sample menus for these restaurants?
  3. Can on-board credit be used for these meals?

Thanks.

I believe that the price per person for Aqualina and Prime C is $30, but is included with any Suite. 

Chef's table can be purchased as a package, usually with nights i. specialty dining.

You cannot book Prime C or Aqualina before you board, but the packages can be purchased in advance. 

25 minutes ago, Desert Cruisers said:

I have a few questions about the specialty dining options - Aqualina, Prime C, and Chef's Table:

1. What is the price for these dining venues? 
  2. Does anyone have sample menus for these restaurants?
  3. Can on-board credit be used for these meals?

Thanks.

Look on the website  - bottom menu - Life Onboard - Wining & Dining  https://www.azamara.co.uk/life-onboard/dining

There are packages you can buy bottom menu - Onboard Packages - Dining Packages https://www.azamara.co.uk/sites/default/files/pdfs/dining_package_onboard_flyer_jan2020_web.pdf

Chef’s Table https://www.azamara.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages/chefs-table

You can’t reserve beforehand and can use OBC

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Look on the website  - bottom menu - Life Onboard - Wining & Dining  https://www.azamara.co.uk/life-onboard/dining

There are packages you can buy bottom menu - Onboard Packages - Dining Packages https://www.azamara.co.uk/sites/default/files/pdfs/dining_package_onboard_flyer_jan2020_web.pdf

Chef’s Table https://www.azamara.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages/chefs-table

You can’t reserve beforehand and can use OBC

The packages are really good value!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, uktog said:

There is still the Chefs Table Tour available to you. 

But no discount. I feel that if specialty dining is included with your suite, the 'value' of this perk ought to be deducted from the price of chef's table. But it isn't. 

On that basis, chef's table is more expensive for suite-occupants!

11 hours ago, blag said:

But no discount. I feel that if specialty dining is included with your suite, the 'value' of this perk ought to be deducted from the price of chef's table. But it isn't. 

On that basis, chef's table is more expensive for suite-occupants!

The package I have my eye on is the Indulgence package, at $1499. I already have $1000 of OBC so for a small extra sum, that delivers a lot, close to the original $1k of OBC for tours (700) and spa(250) which I will use, then on top for your extra 500 bucks, you get Ultimate drinks for two for the whole 17 days, chef's table(once), internet for 2 for the duration and free laundry. Not bad!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, federalexpress said:

The package I have my eye on is the Indulgence package, at $1499. I already have $1000 of OBC so for a small extra sum, that delivers a lot, close to the original $1k of OBC for tours (700) and spa(250) which I will use, then on top for your extra 500 bucks, you get Ultimate drinks for two for the whole 17 days, chef's table(once), internet for 2 for the duration and free laundry. Not bad!

Yes it’s a great deal that package 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, federalexpress said:

5 hours ago, uktog said:

Yes it’s a great deal that package 

So, you can use OBC to pay for these packages prior to sailing?  Or, must it be done on board?

6 hours ago, federalexpress said:

Could you please explain why this is a good deal for those guests in suites, when many of the perks are already included?

It seems to me, that, in effect, one is paying twice for some of the same benefits. 

27 minutes ago, Desert Cruisers said:

So, you can use OBC to pay for these packages prior to sailing?  Or, must it be done on board?

I cannot remember but I think you can if you call them. Something says we did that one time. 

Not all packages work for everyone - same applies to those with high levels of loyalty perks which is why we each have to do our own sums! 

39 minutes ago, blag said:

Could you please explain why this is a good deal for those guests in suites, when many of the perks are already included?

It seems to me, that, in effect, one is paying twice for some of the same benefits. 

I'm also in a suite (CC) but the complicating factor might be that I am a first time cruiser with Azamara and I think (but I'm not sure) that some of the above you can either get heavily discounted or maybe even free if you have cruised a lot with them.

So I'm not so experienced but I think with a suite I get speciality dining free but not the chef's table. I believe I get 240mins internet but that won't last long on a 17 day cruise and I think the 240 mins is maybe for only one of you, this is for 2, unlimited. I think I also get at least one free bag of laundry but this is many more and I gather the laundry bags are not very big at all, so it would be nice to have stuff clean. Finally I just have the basic wine, like everyone, but I've read they are pretty mediocre. The Ultimate package gives me wines like Whispering Angel and Matanzas Creek- decent quality stuff. I'm not a spirit or cocktail drinker but I love my wine. This costs me an extra $550 over what I already have and I could roughly divide that up as $10 per person per day for the drinks, $4 per person per day for the internet, $5 per laundry bag and $20 each for the chef's table. Looks fair to me! Hope I've explained that ok....

Post edit: I should point out I had $1000 of OBC anyway but this package includes $700 for excursions and $250 for spa. That is pretty much how I'd have split it anyway, outside the package- we're buying some tours direct. Hence you can see where I got the $550 extra from for the additional items. Actually I'll only be paying $500 extra (or the sterling equivalent)

Edited by federalexpress
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

the obc may only be used on board the ship to pay for specialty dining.

It can be used for a lot more than that including drinks packages, excursions, experience more packages, the spa, the shops ……

On 8/5/2022 at 4:41 AM, blag said:

but the packages can be purchased in advance. 

I called up to do this and was told I could not purchase ANY package until I boarded, maybe different regions have different rules?

I also wasn’t using OBC either, it would have been a credit card, but the rep I spoke with was adamant it can’t be done until boarding.

58 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

I called up to do this and was told I could not purchase ANY package until I boarded, maybe different regions have different rules?

I also wasn’t using OBC either, it would have been a credit card, but the rep I spoke with was adamant it can’t be done until boarding.

I may well be wrong, but my understanding has always been that you can’t buy dining packages until you’re onboard. I know that you can buy the Experience More packages ahead as I have already done so for my October 22 cruise.

5 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I know that you can buy the Experience More packages ahead as I have already done so for my October 22 cruise.

May I ask did you use a credit card for the entire purchase of your Experience More package or were you able to apply your on board credit?  I'm sorry, but I am just trying to get clarification on this exact exercise.  I am looking at the possibility of pre-purchasing the indulgence package, but want to apply my on board credit and pay the difference with a credit card.  I have been reading a variety of answers on this.  Thank you.