Excursion on debarkation day .. how does EZair work?

2Oregonians

Ok, I'm sure this has been covered numerous times before.  I did search, but apparently did not use the correct search terms.

We want to do an excursion in Barcelona on debarkation day.  How do we ensure that we get a later flight time through EZair?  (which is not yet available, as we are 12 months out)

Would we need to also purchase transfers, or is that automatic within the excursion booking?

Edited by 2Oregonians

I can answer the second part...

Transfers *should* be included with the excursion.

I can *guess* about the first...I would think that if you go ahead and book the excursion (it's a Princess excursion...right?) then EZAir would "see" that on your record and book flights accordingly.  Hopefully someone else will chime in.  A more sure method would be to just do a chat/phone session with Princess. *Surely* they will be able to answer this!

• Like 1

On the shore excursion list look for an option for disembarking passengers. It will have a note for the earliest flight time that you should book. Then go to EZ AIR and select a return flight flight at or later than time suggested.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I can answer the second part...

Transfers *should* be included with the excursion.

I can *guess* about the first...I would think that if you go ahead and book the excursion (it's a Princess excursion...right?) then EZAir would "see" that on your record and book flights accordingly.  Hopefully someone else will chime in.  A more sure method would be to just do a chat/phone session with Princess. *Surely* they will be able to answer this!

No, you're giving EZAir too much credit. The debark excursion description will let you know the earliest flight you can book. As Maggie777 said, you can then tell EZAir when searching to only show you flights departing after that time.

Edited by beg3yrs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This special note on the excursion description is what is confusing me a bit. 

It talks about having transfers AND purchasing the excursion.  (BTW, it IS listed as a debarkation excursion)

It also talks about booking a "customized" flight.

It makes it look like you would need to have EZair booked BEFORE booking the excursion.   It also mentions doing all this onboard ??  I'm just so confused!

Again, EZair isn't yet available to us, as we're 12 months out.  It's just that I want to know what to do once it becomes available.

I've cruised with Princess before, but the most recent was 12 years ago, and procedures were different then.

Thanks for your contuined help!

Screenshot_20220805-120808_Firefox.jpg

Edited by 2Oregonians
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

...The debark excursion description will let you know the earliest flight you can book. As Maggie777 said, you can then tell EZAir when searching to only show you flights departing after that time.

That helps, thank you.  I didn't realize EZair gave you choices of flight times.

So are we thinking I should book air first, THEN book the excursion?

I'm still confused on the transfers.  Do I purchase transfers AND the excursion?

44 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

No, you're giving EZAir too much credit. The debark excursion description will let you know the earliest flight you can book. As Maggie777 said, you can then tell EZAir when searching to only show you flights departing after that time.

Hah! Like I said...it was a guess!

2 hours ago, 2Oregonians said:

So are we thinking I should book air first, THEN book the excursion?

I'm still confused on the transfers.  Do I purchase transfers AND the excursion?

Yes, book your flight first to make sure you can book something that departs after 1:30.  

Don't book a transfer. The excursion will drop you off at the airport. The language about passengers who purchased a transfer is for people who already bought transfers and then decide to do a debarkation tour. The ShoreEx desk onboard will give them a credit for what they paid for the transfer so they're not paying twice for the transfer (once for the transfer and again in the price of the debarkation excursion).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Yes, book your flight first to make sure you can book something that departs after 1:30.  

Don't book a transfer. The excursion will drop you off at the airport. The language about passengers who purchased a transfer is for people who already bought transfers and then decide to do a debarkation tour. The ShoreEx desk onboard will give them a credit for what they paid for the transfer so they're not paying twice for the transfer (once for the transfer and again in the price of the debarkation excursion).

Excellent explanation.  Thank you so much!  I think I'm pretty clear on it now!! 

As I said, things were different 12 years ago, and I have OCD and over-planning tendencies! 

You have to have flights after 1:30pm on disembarkment day to be able to take that post Princess excursion.

EzAir will be available 335 days from your disembarkment day.  Example my disembarkment day is Nov 23, 2023 and EzAir will be available Dec 28, 2022.    Book Flexible flights, payment is at final cruise payment, can check prices and modify (GREEN SECTION) if cheaper or better flights up to 45 days without $ penalty.

Book your post Princess excursion after you have booked your flights.

On embarkment day, you should  receive all your excursions tickets usually on your bed. The ticket will tell the time and place to meet for your excursion.  You  will receive a colour sticker for your group and Coach at the meeting place.

For post cruise excursion, you will receive a colour luggage tag for your luggage to be put on the night before disembarkment day. You need something (some kind of carry on luggage) to put night items, passport, and other items for the next day which you keep with you. Your excursion ticket will tell you time and where to meet.  You NEED your Medallion to exit the ship.  Once off the ship, find the section for your colour luggage tag area, pick up your luggage.  Exit the building with your luggage.  Find the Coach with your colour sticker .  If the airport has different terminals, might sure you are on the right coach for that terminal.  The driver will put your luggage under the Coach.  You will have your tour.  At the airport, the driver will unload all the luggage. Go into the airport.

Princess offers transfers with no excursions -

on embarkment day  - Coach from airport to ship

on disembarkment day - Coach from ship to airport 

Edited by phabric
  • Like 1