Questions about Infinity and Constellation.

Stockjock

Currently have a RCCL Greek Isles cruise booked for 2023.  They just swapped the ships and I'm not thrilled with the older Enchantment of the Seas, so considering moving over to Celebrity even though the price is higher.

Most of the sailings I'm considering involve either Infinity or Constellation. While we enjoyed our NYE cruise on Summit, that ship was revolutionized and to my knowledge, Infinity and Constellation have not been.

Are Infinity or Constellation tired-looking, or not so much?

Is one of those two ships any better/nicer than the other?  If so why?

Looking mostly at oceanview cabins.  As I understand it, there are some cabins on the 3rd deck (3112-3144) that have huge windows and were once part of the conference room.  

Conversely, there are some very long and narrow cabins such as 9000, 9001, 8002, 8003 that look interesting.

Finally, there are some large cabins at the bow of the ship that also look interesting such as 7000-7003, and 6000-6005 that are wider and perhaps bigger (not sure) than the cabins above.

Any thoughts about any of this?

Edited by Stockjock
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, dunedinmaiden said:

We are currently booked in cabin 7003 for a transatlantic on the Constellation in April 2023.  I did a lot of research and people have raved at that cabin!

We are in cabin 7002 on the same cruise.  Really looking forward to the cruise and the larger cabin.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

There are pics of many of those cabins on cruisedeckplans.  I submitted many from Summit and Millie.  EM

This is a cool website.  You have to be a member to see the pics.  But is there is a video linked, it is free.

A question about cabins 7002 and 7003.  Also, 6000 and 6001.  For cruises before April 24, 2023 those four cabins are designated as Ocean View Category 04.  After April 25, 2023 the four cabins become Deluxe Ocean View. Cabins 6002 and 6003 go from Ocean View 04 to Prime Ocean View.

What makes cabins 7002, 7003, 6000, and 6001 deluxe?

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Did they do a face-lift on the cabins on Constellation or just the public areas?

All public and many cabins, including ours.  We were the first pax to stand on our new carpet and sit in our new chairs.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

What cabin was that please? Do you have any idea how/what cabins they did freshen up?

It has been since November, so I don't remember our cabin #, am not home to check, and as doors are typically closed, I was unable to inventory the others.  

Public space and all the cabins we did see received all of the soft goods that had already been warehoused in Cadiz for the Revolution that was due a month after the 2020 shutdown happened.  No revolution, but dry dock for mechanical and soft goods.  

Maintainable had also been very busy touching things up before we arrived.

3 hours ago, marvelous35 said:

This is a cool website.  You have to be a member to see the pics.  But is there is a video linked, it is free.

I did a lifetime membership, which was very inexpensive.  I wanted to support their efforts, in some small way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

What cabin was that please? Do you have any idea how/what cabins they did freshen up?

I believe he was in a royal suite.  Others, in regular verandas, concierge, and aqua, reported they weren't quite as impressed with their cabin freshness.  I prefer the pre-revolutionized furnishings so am looking forward to 24 days in Oct/Nov on Constellation in a concierge cabin.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I prefer the pre-revolutionized furnishings so am looking forward to 24 days in Oct/Nov on Constellation in a concierge cabin.  

Nice to be able to get out of a chair without gymnastics or assistance, ain't it?! 😄

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, marvelous35 said:

You don't actually have to be a "member" to see pics. Some are restricted to members, but most are available to be viewed. Click on the website and select your cruise line. Then choose your ship. The deck numbers and names will show in blue boxes on the left near the top of the page. Click on the box to choose the deck you want to view. When you scroll down the resulting page, on the right, half way down the page are 3 blue boxes. The first is "Cabin Pictures". You'll find a loonnnggg list of cabin numbers in numerical order with pictures of cabins from the ships in your ship's Class.

The website is a bit clunky and makes it slightly difficult to get back to view another cabin. But with some practice it gets easier to navigate. The Deck Plan on the left shows which cabins have pictures and you-tube videos of your specific ship. You can click on the deck plan and see the videos. But if you click on the picture symbol, it will say you need to be a member.

Have Fun. Great resource!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

A question about cabins 7002 and 7003.  Also, 6000 and 6001.  For cruises before April 24, 2023 those four cabins are designated as Ocean View Category 04.  After April 25, 2023 the four cabins become Deluxe Ocean View. Cabins 6002 and 6003 go from Ocean View 04 to Prime Ocean View.

What makes cabins 7002, 7003, 6000, and 6001 deluxe?

Looking at the deck plan, the Prime Ocean View cabins are larger.  7002 and 7003 are probable the larges OV cabins on the ship, not counting the handicapped cabins that I did not consider.

On 8/6/2022 at 9:24 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Did they do a face-lift on the cabins on Constellation or just the public areas?

Generally, no.  I understand that many of the suites on deck 6 had received a refresh not very long before the pandemic so I have heard those cabins were already in pretty good shape.  They did bring in some new furniture. The patio furniture in our accessible sky suite (8127)  was brand new.  I heard reports that they were putting in new mattresses in the weeks that followed our cruise (I was on the restart cruise last November).  But our cabin was a little bit tired-looking.  The public areas on the other hand looked fantastic.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Generally, no.  I understand that many of the suites on deck 6 had received a refresh not very long before the pandemic so I have heard those cabins were already in pretty good shape.  They did bring in some new furniture. The patio furniture in our accessible sky suite (8127)  was brand new.  I heard reports that they were putting in new mattresses in the weeks that followed our cruise (I was on the restart cruise last November).  But our cabin was a little bit tired-looking.  The public areas on the other hand looked fantastic.

Thank you. A new mattress would be most welcome, but other than that we don't spend much time in the room.

There is something I just love about these smaller older ships, reminds me of cruising in the 80's 🙂 

• Like 2

We always try to get 3112.  It's the best of the lot.  You won't hear any noise from the bathrooms on the other side.  They have some newer ones on the Port side (3115-3127).  They are in a private passageway.  There's an entrance door to 3115 and the main entrance to those staterooms is at 3121.  I would avoid those as folks coming by entering can see directly in your stateroom when you are leaving.   There's an entrance to the service area across from 3127, and 3125 & 3123 have storage closets across from them.  I wouldn't be too concerned.

4 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

We always try to get 3112.  It's the best of the lot.  You won't hear any noise from the bathrooms on the other side.  They have some newer ones on the Port side (3115-3127).  They are in a private passageway.  There's an entrance door to 3115 and the main entrance to those staterooms is at 3121.  I would avoid those as folks coming by entering can see directly in your stateroom when you are leaving.   There's an entrance to the service area across from 3127, and 3125 & 3123 have storage closets across from them.  I wouldn't be too concerned.

Can you please define newer for the port cabins? It can't find the years they did these renovations.

In other words, anyone know what year the larger starboard window cabins were added compared to the port side

26 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

In other words, anyone know what year the larger starboard window cabins were added compared to the port side

Those cabins were added back in 2013, when Constellation was additionally 'Solsticized' (there was an earlier phase to this in 2010) and the specialty restaurant area was all reconfigured.  They added a total of 66 new cabins in the process.

Edited by canderson
  • Thanks 1

Just now, canderson said:

Back in 2013, when Constellation was additionally 'Solsticized' and the specialty restaurant area was all reconfigured.  They added a total of 66 new cabins in the process.

Any idea when the port side oceanview with extra large windows were added?

I do not believe these were added in 2013.

Specifically the Odd numbers 3115-3127

image.png.a4ebce984bb1acbd8800f7a4193ef3d1.png