Drinks first day/night

Just a quickie...I know in the good old days, the evening diamond drinks 'event' didn't happen on the first night. Now we have drinks loaded on our seapass cards, are they available as soon as you get on the ship or later that evening or not until the next night!?

Thanks

Simon

15 minutes ago, sddsddean said:

Just a quickie...I know in the good old days, the evening diamond drinks 'event' didn't happen on the first night. Now we have drinks loaded on our seapass cards, are they available as soon as you get on the ship or later that evening or not until the next night!?

Thanks

Simon

Pre Covid, the ‘Diamond’ and above drinks were always loaded on your seapass card to be used at any bar during ‘happy hour’ with the limited bar menu, for those who did not want to attend the ‘event’ or would like to drink at a bar with other passengers who did not have access to the DL or not deal with crowd or whatever in DL.

Your drinks can now be used at any bar, few exceptions like Bionic Bar, for any drink valued at $13 or less till midnight, when your vouchers expire and get reloaded for the next day, on disembarkation morning, ships used to have alcohol available, but my sailings on Navigator after February 2022,  only non alcohol drinks were available disembarkation morning at Plaza Bar in WJ. I do not know if MDR has access to Bloody Mary, Mimosa’s, etc. on disembarkation morning.

5 minutes ago, wallyj said:

on disembarkation morning, ships used to have alcohol available, but my sailings on Navigator after February 2022,  only non alcohol drinks were available disembarkation morning at Plaza Bar in WJ. I do not know if MDR has access to Bloody Mary, Mimosa’s, etc. on disembarkation morning.

I didn't seek out alcohol on the morning of my recent B2B TAD but other things you can use them for that morning are coffee drinks at Cafe Promenade, bottled water, fresh squeezed OJ, etc.

35 minutes ago, sddsddean said:

Thanks

Simon

You must be thinking Celebrity. The DL did and is doing the C&A HH from 5 to 8 PM every evening. Snacks are served and your drinks go against the allotted amount for your tier level loaded on your SaePass card. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

There was a mention on CC a couple of weeks ago that on one of the RC ships, drinks could not be obtained until individual muster drill was completed.  

I think that was a suggestion to make the dumbasses who don't complete their muster drill and get called out for being late get it done.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

I think that was a suggestion to make the dumbasses who don't complete their muster drill and get called out for being late get it done.

7 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

There was a mention on CC a couple of weeks ago that on one of the RC ships, drinks could not be obtained until individual muster drill was completed.  

That would have been great on our March Explorer cruise so the rest of us didn't have to keep hearing the reminder over and over...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

According to the post, it really happened.  Lots of likes.