No testing on NCL...wha???

topaz123

Starting Sept. 3, fully vaccinated travelers who are 12 or older will no longer have to test before boarding a ship on Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises.   Your Move...Carnival.

• Like 5

Called my brother in Boston....He's got the horse ready and the lantern....to ride thru the streets saying

NCL DROPS TESTING....NCL DROPS TESTING

Edited by toad16X
grammer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Not exactly.

Starting Sept. 3, fully vaccinated travelers who are 12 or older will no longer have to test before boarding a ship on Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises.

Requirements could still vary depending on local regulations at different ports, “including but not limited to Canada, Greece and Bermuda,” the announcement said.

• Like 1

To me - the unsettling part about their policy (as I read it) is that if you are age 11 or under, you are neither required to be vaccinated NOR provide a negative test result 72 hrs prior to boarding.

So unvaccinated age 12 and up (to include adults) must still provide a negative test result 72 hrs prior to boarding. I totally get that.

But if you are under age 12, and unvaccinated you DON'T have to provide a negative test result 72 hrs prior to boarding. Did I miss some announcement where the CDC has determined that while an 11 year old (or under) can get COVID-19, they can't spread it to someone else.

Thankfully - I can't immagine a situation where I would find myself on an NCL ship. Just not my vibe.

Edited by SDPadreFan

If your friends are jumping off a bridge, does that mean you get to jump also?

Ya'll sound like a bunch of teenagers. I'm waiting for the "It's not fair!!!" crowd.

If Carnival makes a change, they'll let you know.

29 minutes ago, SDPadreFan said:

But if you are under age 12, and unvaccinated you DON'T have to provide a negative test result 72 hrs prior to boarding. Did I miss some announcement where NCL has determined that while an 11 year old (or under) can get COVID-19, they can't spread it to someone else.

FIFY Because NCL follows the science.

• Like 2

Of course Carnival will surely follow for the longer cruises as well. Figures, just as soon as I book/paid for a shorter cruise to avoid the cost and drama of testing, this comes out. Probably could have gotten a longer cruise for just a bit more money. Great timing on my part lol.🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1