Testing clarification--rapid test supervised at pharmacy ok?

baelor

Basically title.  Trying to understand RCI's policy.  I would rather not shell out $70+ bucks if I do not have to.  

Pharmacies in the area offer lab tests, but it seems like RCI is okay with rapid at-home tests if they are supervised (e.g., over video feed).

Does this mean that I can just bring a rapid test into a pharmacy, have the pharmacist supervise me/it, and get appropriately formal confirmation (e.g., memo on pharmacy stationery) of that fact, along with the negative result?  It seems like that would be free or only cost a nominal fee if I bring my own test.

Any insight appreciated!

6 minutes ago, baelor said:

Basically title.  Trying to understand RCI's policy.  I would rather not shell out $70+ bucks if I do not have to.  

Pharmacies in the area offer lab tests, but it seems like RCI is okay with rapid at-home tests if they are supervised (e.g., over video feed).

Does this mean that I can just bring a rapid test into a pharmacy, have the pharmacist supervise me/it, and get appropriately formal confirmation (e.g., memo on pharmacy stationery) of that fact, along with the negative result?  It seems like that would be free or only cost a nominal fee if I bring my own test.

Any insight appreciated!

Pharmacy's wont do that,  they are not in the business of providing free services.  You need to look on line for proctored services and pay them a fee,

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, baelor said:

Any insight appreciated!

What Ken said.  Pharmacies will only test you if you book an appointment and they use their tests--you are purchasing both the test and the services of someone in the pharmacy to watch you do the test and then email you the results.  The bulk of the cost isn't the test in the box, it's paying the person who proctors/supervises the test.  They definitely don't work for 'free or nominal pay'.  Since you're in the U.S. look into one of the online services where you are allowed to use your own test (within reason--they must be an approved test).  But you still have to pay that person to watch you via your camera. 

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Pharmacy's wont do that,  they are not in the business of providing free services.  You need to look on line for proctored services and pay them a fee,

I am wondering about RCI's policy, not whether a particular pharmacy will do this.  Assume for the sake of the question that my neighborhood pharmacy has already agreed to supervise a test.

1 minute ago, rockmom said:

What Ken said.  Pharmacies will only test you if you book an appointment and they use their tests--you are purchasing both the test and the services of someone in the pharmacy to watch you do the test and then email you the results.  The bulk of the cost isn't the test in the box, it's paying the person who proctors/supervises the test.  They definitely don't work for 'free or nominal pay'.  Since you're in the U.S. look into one of the online services where you are allowed to use your own test (within reason--they must be an approved test).  But you still have to pay that person to watch you via your camera. 

Thanks.  Again, just looking for the answer from RCI's perspective.  If my neighborhood pharmacy supervised a rapid, non-lab test, would that satisfy RCI's requirement?

Edited by baelor

2 minutes ago, baelor said:

I am wondering about RCI's policy, not whether a particular pharmacy will do this.  Assume for the sake of the question that my neighborhood pharmacy has already agreed to supervise a test.

As long as you have an official document that you have a negative test that was supervised by a medical professional then its fine 

5 minutes ago, baelor said:

I just did a proctored test on line that was $25 total for 2 of us and we used rapid tests that were given to us fee by our government.  Easy easy.

Edited by Ourusualbeach