Club soda

1 hour ago, ravenjls said:

Can someone please tell me if club soda is included in the soda package or is it only included in refresher package?  

It would only be included at the Coke Freestyle machine, not at bars.

7 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Why wouldn’t it be include in a soda package ? 🤔
it is a soda after all 😁

The soda package only includes fountain sodas, not canned/bottled sodas.

2 hours ago, ravenjls said:

Can someone please tell me if club soda is included in the soda package or is it only included in refresher package?  

Yes, club soda is included in the soda package.  I get club soda all the time at the bars onboard.  You can also get it in the freestyle machines if the ship you are sailing has them.

• Like 1

Most bar sodas come out of a nozzle.  That would/should include some type of carbonated water or seltzer.  Can anyone confirm this?  I drink a lot of seltzer & hope I don’t have to go running to a freestyle machine every time I want some.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, poocher said:

Most bar sodas come out of a nozzle.  That would/should include some type of carbonated water or seltzer.  Can anyone confirm this?  I drink a lot of seltzer & hope I don’t have to go running to a freestyle machine every time I want some.

Soda "gun" at the bars has club soda.  I get club soda with a lime from bars on a regular basis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

It would only be included at the Coke Freestyle machine, not at bars.

The soda package only includes fountain sodas, not canned/bottled sodas.

DOH... I had a complete and total brain fart earlier.  For some stupid reason, I had GINGER ALE in my head, not soda.  Was doing something later and all of a sudden a light bulb went off in my head and I realized what I said wasn't what was being asked.  

Guess that's what I get for posting before caffeine intake -- because it was after I had some caffeine that I realized what I wrote!

Anyway, I'm owning up to my mistake -- SODA WATER is obviously available from the "soda gun"... ginger ale, however, is not.  But ginger ale wasn't the topic of this thread, so just ignore me, please!  

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I wouldn’t use a freestyle machine because i will not be walking around with a silly cup 😉

I don't use plastic cups anytime. The freestyle cup can stay in the cabin.

12 hours ago, brillohead said:

DOH... I had a complete and total brain fart earlier.  For some stupid reason, I had GINGER ALE in my head, not soda.  Was doing something later and all of a sudden a light bulb went off in my head and I realized what I said wasn't what was being asked.  

Guess that's what I get for posting before caffeine intake -- because it was after I had some caffeine that I realized what I wrote!

Anyway, I'm owning up to my mistake -- SODA WATER is obviously available from the "soda gun"... ginger ale, however, is not.  But ginger ale wasn't the topic of this thread, so just ignore me, please!  

I think you need more coffee.  Ginger ale is available through the bar soda guns.  How else could they make highballs?  No diet ginger ale but the regular is absolutely there.  I come from a long line of bartenders and that is always one of the options along with some type of cola, sprite, club soda & plain water.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, poocher said:

I think you need more coffee.  Ginger ale is available through the bar soda guns.  How else could they make highballs?  No diet ginger ale but the regular is absolutely there.  I come from a long line of bartenders and that is always one of the options along with some type of cola, sprite, club soda & plain water.

I've always seen ginger ale poured from a can on board... but I'll confess that I don't sit at a bar for long periods of time and analyze tons of different drinks being made.  I just see what gets poured while I'm waiting for my own turn.

Could always be that there were supply/repair problems with the fountain gun at the time I saw it being poured from a can -- I've also seen Diet Coke poured out of 2-liter bottles before, and then later in the cruise the fountain gun was dispensing it again.  

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2022 at 10:32 AM, poocher said:

Do you happen to know if sour mix would come from the soda gun.  Either that or a lemonade?

• 2 weeks later...