Coral Princess Cancelled Again

Blenray

Booking of Coral Princess disappeared from wow.Princess.com. Live chat informed me the sailing 22AUG22 is cancelled due to deployment reasons! Crewing or port berthing? Next cruise 29AUG22 still appears.

This is the 4th change to this cruise. No news of compensation, refunds or future cruise credits yet.

12 minutes ago, Blenray said:

Booking of Coral Princess disappeared from wow.Princess.com. Live chat informed me the sailing 22AUG22 is cancelled due to deployment reasons! Crewing or port berthing? Next cruise 29AUG22 still appears.

This is the 4th change to this cruise. No news of compensation, refunds or future cruise credits yet.

????  On Princess.com, I see an AUG 22, 2022, voyage for sale on Coral.  And the other dates around it for this month.

I can see all Coral Princess bookings for August on Safari.  

Fri, Aug 12, 2022 on Coral Princess

Fri, Aug 19, 2022 on Coral Princess

Mon, Aug 22, 2022 on Coral Princess

Mon, Aug 29, 2022 on Coral Princess

We were on the original 22nd Aug cruise (12 nights to Conflict Islands), that was cancelled and split into 3, now 2 shorter cruises.

We are also booked on the 19-22 Aug cruise and 3-13 Sept cruises

Cruises are still for sale, with last minute deals to be had

Great to have cruising finally back in Oz 🙂

PS, was just able to go  into Princess.com  to try and book a cabin for that cruise

Edited by stki

Cruise now re instated with changes to itinerary and new booking number.

Still heaps of issues with the medallion where back to back cruises not shown, itinerary wrong, inability to book dining, support phone number engaged & having to reload data and bookings that were there previously.. No one from Corporate offering apologies! Just the poor support teams in the Phillipines having to do their best.

The databases of the website and the Medallion are not synchronized. It takes manual input from the Medallion support team and tickets to IT to get anything sorted out.

Still no compensation for the waste of time dealing with this piece of ****.  I thought government IT was bad but this mess takes the cake.

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2022 at 11:21 AM, Steelers36 said:

????  On Princess.com, I see an AUG 22, 2022, voyage for sale on Coral.  And the other dates around it for this month.

Yes I see that as they want more bookings but haven't sorted out the existing passenger bookings. Hopefully we wont have to share our cabin with another family.

On 8/10/2022 at 11:39 AM, stki said:

We were on the original 22nd Aug cruise (12 nights to Conflict Islands), that was cancelled and split into 3, now 2 shorter cruises.

We are also booked on the 19-22 Aug cruise and 3-13 Sept cruises

Cruises are still for sale, with last minute deals to be had

Great to have cruising finally back in Oz 🙂

PS, was just able to go  into Princess.com  to try and book a cabin for that cruise

Hold onto your head we've had 4 changes so far. The Medallion app is a crazy mess. Book your dining times and hope it isn't replaced or disappeared on you. Check the itinerary on the DineMyway page. ours differs from the cruises. See you on board. I'll be the one who looks like he needs a holiday.

15 minutes ago, Blenray said:

Still heaps of issues with the medallion where back to back cruises not shown, itinerary wrong, inability to book dining, support phone number engaged & having to reload data and bookings that were there previously.. No one from Corporate offering apologies! Just the poor support teams in the Phillipines having to do their best.

The databases of the website and the Medallion are not synchronized. It takes manual input from the Medallion support team and tickets to IT to get anything sorted out.

Still no compensation for the waste of time dealing with this piece of ****.  I thought government IT was bad but this mess takes the cake.

When you have a B2B the two cruises are treated as one by the Medallion App. You can see the full itinerary for both cruises and you can make dinner bookings for the whole B2B cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blenray said:

The b2b’s should show as one cruise. It takes a couple of days to see this on the App.  However, if the ship was swapped for another, that has been a big issue on the App.  The IT team is working this issue by date of travel. 
Most important:  The website should be correct, showing the individual booking numbers and correct ship.  
If so, use the website version of checkin and get your DMW on the website. Do what you can ahead of time on the website version.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

The b2b’s should show as one cruise. It takes a couple of days to see this on the App.  However, if the ship was swapped for another, that has been a big issue on the App.  The IT team is working this issue by date of travel. 
Most important:  The website should be correct, showing the individual booking numbers and correct ship.  
If so, use the website version of checkin and get your DMW on the website. Do what you can ahead of time on the website version.

Why not just sync the databases of the website to the app?

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

When you have a B2B the two cruises are treated as one by the Medallion App. You can see the full itinerary for both cruises and you can make dinner bookings for the whole B2B cruise.

It took 3 phone calls to the call centre in the Phillipines, 2 IT tickets and emails to my agent to get this done. DineMyWay still needed manual re entry of added cruises. Itinerary shown in DineMyWay still showing ports as QDN or wrong destinations.