Which deck on Koningsdam

Lordfonty

We are looking to book on Koningsdam next May for the inside passage cruise. Have done this 4 years ago on NA and loved it.

We will be booking a Verandah room, does anybody have any recommendations on which deck to book on, are there any to avoid and if so why?

thanks

We really enjoyed our veranda on the Sun Deck on our June 2022 Alaskan cruise.  It was a great location to pop up to the Crows Nest for coffee and a view.  Also on glacier viewing days, we were are to alternate views (either due to cold, rain or ship position) between our veranda and the outside deck.  It was just steps to go from our cabIn to go outside for a different view.

Hubby liked the proximity to the Lido deck—he tweaked his knee golfing and liked only going up and down a couple of flights of stairs.

We changed our rooms on two future Koningsdam sailings to this deck.

• Like 2

We have had verandas on decks 4, 5 and 8.  All were good, but in the future I'd try to avoid deck 4.  They are partially obstructed views because of the lifeboats.  To see the view, you need to stand and look over the lifeboats, and is very difficult to take a picture without the top of a lifeboat in it.

• Like 2

I like aft on deck's 6 or 7 as I like to sandwich myself between 2 stateroom decks, I find doing this gives me a quiet area.  The verandah's midship have the lifeboats below you which I don't care for......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We have had verandas on decks 4, 5 and 8.  All were good, but in the future I'd try to avoid deck 4.  They are partially obstructed views because of the lifeboats.  To see the view, you need to stand and look over the lifeboats, and is very difficult to take a picture without the top of a lifeboat in it.

We like Deck 4, aft of the lifeboat area (4148 and back). Those veradahs are much deeper than any others on the ship with the exception of those forward of the lifeboats on Deck 4. The first nine rows of cabins on Deck 4 (4002-4020) have steel railings, though, rather than glass, so you can't enjoy the view while reclining.

We will be in 4191 later this year.

Koningsdam cabins.jpg

Edited by IPB4IGO

12 hours ago, Lordfonty said:

We will be booking a Verandah room, does anybody have any recommendations on which deck to book on, are there any to avoid and if so why?

There is a CC review of a cabin with "partially obstructed" balcony on Deck 4 (i.e. behind tender or lifeboat) and their complaint was NOISE bad enough to make sleeping difficult. 

Have not sailed on K'dam or her sisters, but have three bookings now. Two are a B2B in a Vista Suite on Deck 5 (had FCC to burn through), but the last one is a 35-day S.Pac in 2024 and my choice for that was like @disneyochem -- Sun Deck. We very much enjoyed being on the Observation Deck of the Zuiderdam for all the reasons disneyochem laid out!

Those deep balconies on 4 Aft are tempting though!

1 hour ago, IPB4IGO said:

We like Deck 4, aft of the lifeboat area (4148 and back). Those veradahs are much deeper than any others on the ship with the exception of those forward of the lifeboats on Deck 4. The first nine rows of cabins on Deck 4 (4002-4020) have steel railings, though, rather than glass, so you can't enjoy the view while reclining.

We will be in 4191 later this year.

Koningsdam cabins.jpg

I have 4148 booked for both of my booked HAL cruises.