Extra CAS point after a “no show”

Dan83

Do I get double cruise points if my sailing companion cancels and I sail as a single?

A booking must be created and sail as a single occupancy, with a paid single guest supplement to cruise fare, to receive the extra single sailor points. When one guest from a multiple-guest occupancy reservation cancels within 100% penalty, their cruise fare is held in penalty within the reservation. This allows the cancelled guest to potentially file a claim with their travel protection provider, if applicable. The booked cruise fare for the remaining guest(s) within the reservation remains the same and no single supplement is applied; therefore, the remaining guests receive Crown & Anchor Society points based on the initial occupancy booked within their reservation.

• Like 1

At risk of beating a dead horse….

I think that was quietly added to the FAQ’s recently. And they “fixed the glitch “. Really that’s what all the fuss was about. Only recently, I have read a couple reports of this situation where someone has not received the solo double points. Could be new policy, maybe. I’d like to hear from someone that has done this in the past couple weeks and automatically got double. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Just never been a problem for us.

Historically it rarely was. 

However recent reports of more folks being denied and appealing it didn't change that.  What happened before 2022 may not be a good indication of what to expect going forward.    

26 minutes ago, twangster said:

Historically it rarely was. 

However recent reports of more folks being denied and appealing it didn't change that.  What happened before 2022 may not be a good indication of what to expect going forward.    

Yes, but I gave two 2022 examples🤔

Indy was mid June

1 hour ago, Dan83 said:

Do I get double cruise points if my sailing companion cancels and I sail as a single?

A booking must be created and sail as a single occupancy, with a paid single guest supplement to cruise fare, to receive the extra single sailor points. When one guest from a multiple-guest occupancy reservation cancels within 100% penalty, their cruise fare is held in penalty within the reservation. This allows the cancelled guest to potentially file a claim with their travel protection provider, if applicable. The booked cruise fare for the remaining guest(s) within the reservation remains the same and no single supplement is applied; therefore, the remaining guests receive Crown & Anchor Society points based on the initial occupancy booked within their reservation.

Bummer

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, but I gave two 2022 examples🤔

Indy was mid June

Yes, hence the YMMV.  Some people are not as successful.  

I'm thinking the Pinnacleness might be helpful to our success.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Yes, hence the YMMV.  Some people are not as successful.  

I'm thinking the Pinnacleness might be helpful to our success.  

Well, it's technically a Club, so makes sense😁

Whatever happened to our Pinnacle King🤔

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan83 said:

IMO, that is not a fair policy if you can't collect from travel insurance.  RCI would then be indirectly charging a single supplement.

Plus, RCI keeps the cancelled fair regardless.

Edited by Another_Critic

11 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

IMO, that is not a fair policy if you can't collect from travel insurance.  RCI would then be indirectly charging a single supplement.

Plus, RCI keeps the cancelled fair regardless.

Exactly. RCI gets to keep the money. It is none of their business what travel insurance you have or what gets reimbursed.

29 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Exactly. RCI gets to keep the money. It is none of their business what travel insurance you have or what gets reimbursed.

Maybe it was a request from unhappy, insured passengers.

Obviously Royal doesn't care how many points they give away 🙄