Celebrity Pre-cruise testing requirements

MickeyG

My apologies if this topic has been discussed prior to my posting.

I am confused regarding the number of days prior to cruising a proctored test must be taken. I have checked Celebrities' website and I find conflicting information, I have found both 2 and 3 days prior to cruising listed. My wife and I are fully vaccinated with a booster.

We are cruising to southern Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale for 10 days later this month. We embark on our cruise on a Monday. Do we need to test on Saturday/Sunday (1&2 days prior to cruise) or can we also test on Friday (3 days prior to cruise) as well. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide. Cheers!

14 minutes ago, MickeyG said:

My apologies if this topic has been discussed prior to my posting.

I am confused regarding the number of days prior to cruising a proctored test must be taken. I have checked Celebrities' website and I find conflicting information, I have found both 2 and 3 days prior to cruising listed. My wife and I are fully vaccinated with a booster.

We are cruising to southern Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale for 10 days later this month. We embark on our cruise on a Monday. Do we need to test on Saturday/Sunday (1&2 days prior to cruise) or can we also test on Friday (3 days prior to cruise) as well. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide. Cheers!

3 days prior

• Thanks 1

Not sure where you're finding conflicting info as there's only one page to view protocols for your sailing. It can't be any clearer.

For all sailings 6 nights or longer, vaccinated guests must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised and negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to sailing. Antibody tests are not accepted.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/updated-us-travel-requirements

• Thanks 1

I am confused.   For a 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise out of Los Angeles, We can take an at-home test and bring the results?   The actual test? Or take a photo and print it out?  Or just a photo on your phone?

Edited by AnnaNicole

I found the information that says 3 days testing prior to cruising. But this morning I received a pre-cruise checklist from Celebrity that states - test 2 days prior to cruising for vaccinated guests and 3 days for unvaccinated guests. 

Last week I called a Celebrity rep and was told I can test 3 days prior to cruising. After receiving the email from Celebrity this morning I called for clarification and the agent on the phone told me to test 2 days prior to the cruise. This is where I am getting confused. Different Celebrity reps are giving different answers and the pre-cruise checklist has not updated their protocols. This is our first cruise since the restart and I don't want to be denied boarding by finding that I've tested a day too early.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

I am confused.   For a 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise, We can take an at-home test and bring the results?   The actual test?

You bring the eMail (printed or what's on your phone) from the company you have test with on line (with a proctor) and your test results are negative.  

Edited by davekathy

3 minutes ago, MickeyG said:

But this morning I received a pre-cruise checklist from Celebrity that states - test 2 days prior to cruising for vaccinated guests and 3 days for unvaccinated guests. 

Last week I called a Celebrity rep and was told I can test 3 days prior to cruising. After receiving the email from Celebrity this morning I called for clarification and the agent on the phone told me to test 2 days prior to the cruise. This is where I am getting confused. Different Celebrity reps are giving different answers and the pre-cruise checklist has not updated their protocols. This is our first cruise since the restart and I don't want to be denied boarding by finding that I've tested a day too early.

That doesn't make any sense, and I can see your confusion. Why would they allow Unvaccinated guests a longer testing period than vaccinated guests?  It should be the other way around. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You bring the eMail (printed or what's on your phone) from the company you have test with on line (with a proctor) and your test results are negative.  

Can the test also be done in person?  I might do that the day before the cruise in Los Angeles.    The two day window is hard because we will be driving/ flying the day before.

5 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

Can the test also be done in person?  I might do that the day before the cruise in Los Angeles.    The two day window is hard because we will be driving/ flying the day before.

Yes, if you can find a place that will do the test. They still will email your test results. I always take a paper copy as I don't want to be that person fumbling around with my phone trying to bring up the confirmation email either due to operator error or phone issues. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Virginia100 said:

The CDC just issued revised regs  today. No more social distancing now needed , quarantine requirements eased, etc. maybe Celebrity will revise again their rules.

The only one I'm interested in is no more pre cruise testing! 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The only one I'm interested in is no more pre cruise testing! 

If Celebrity doesn’t discontinue I will cancel my February cruise before final payment in November and book to Oceania. Simple as that head office execs.

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Yes, if you can find a place that will do the test. They still will email your test results. I always take a paper copy as I don't want to be that person fumbling around with my phone trying to bring up the confirmation email either due to operator error or phone issues. 

Thanks.  I just texted my nice who lives in LA.  She said drive through testing sites are everywhere.   It might be easier to just go in person since we will be at a hotel.

46 minutes ago, MickeyG said:

I found the information that says 3 days testing prior to cruising. But this morning I received a pre-cruise checklist from Celebrity that states - test 2 days prior to cruising for vaccinated guests and 3 days for unvaccinated guests. 

I got the same thing and I am SOOOO confused. I'm about ready to cancel this thing...for the third time!

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

Thanks.  I just texted my nice who lives in LA.  She said drive through testing sites are everywhere.   It might be easier to just go in person since we will be at a hotel.

You're welcome. I agree. The only thing is the cost associated now with most on site testing v online testing. Good luck with your decision and enjoy your cruise. 🍻

30 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You're welcome. I agree. The only thing is the cost associated now with most on site testing v online testing. Good luck with your decision and enjoy your cruise. 🍻

Thanks.   I can book the appointment in advance.  The cost is ridiculous.  I was told my insurance will cover it.   

I also ordered some government tests in case we decide to go the online route.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Virginia100 said:

If Celebrity doesn’t discontinue I will cancel my February cruise before final payment in November and book to Oceania. Simple as that head office execs.

Why did you book it when testing was required? Understand there are options now on other Lines, but if this is a deal breaker….why ‘agree’ to the deal?

den

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Why did you book it when testing was required? Understand there are options now on other Lines, but if this is a deal breaker….why ‘agree’ to the deal?

den

If one sees a better deal now that didn't exist then, why would one stick with the original plan?

• Like 3

I sail in two days and tested three days out, as per the website and app. I highly doubt there will be any issues at the pier as that is the most up to date information made available and can be easily pulled up if anyone questions it. It seems the emails are automated and have been overlooked since the rule changes of a couple weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, RichYak said:

If one sees a better deal now that didn't exist then, why would one stick with the original plan?

Edit: Good point. Dropping out because the obvious is, it appears more and more think its OK to go ahead and cruise Knowing they have COVID because ‘most’ people I’d infect wont get too sick……

den

Edited by Denny01

16 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Edit: Good point. Dropping out because the obvious is, it appears more and more think its OK to go ahead and cruise Knowing they have COVID because ‘most’ people I’d infect wont get too sick……

den

I don't know what to tell you, Den. Protocols have been easing and ending everywhere in the world, and now finally with cruising, because they're no longer necessary. That should be celebrated not characterized with such dread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I don't know what to tell you, Den. Protocols have been easing and ending everywhere in the world, and now finally with cruising, because they're no longer necessary. That should be celebrated not characterized with such dread.

I agree RickYak. I look forward to the easing. I think you may have seen my post on contracting COVID within in 10 days of our cruise and Finally went negative just prior.

I understand modifying/dropping the testing and the increased risks it involves and agree with it. We are under very different situation than before. I wont go through all the changes in current COVID and vaccination impacts, but my issue was with the number of posters who would cheat to keep from being isolated and pretend they would self-isolate, infecting others. Or more worried about the impact on their vacation and ignore infecting others, especially when COVID was much more virulent. 

we realize going on a cruise increases risk, but individuals intentionally increasing that risk for everyone else is just, again tiring to see. Will live with the current situation and with it as it evolves.

Enough. 

Den

14 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I think you may have seen my post on contracting COVID within in 10 days of our cruise and Finally went negative just prior.

I remember it well. I was rooting for you and was happy that you got to sail with your family.

• Like 2