Group rates OBC

Dan83

The $50 OBC from Royal fell off one of my bookings. Does this happen often? Travel agent says everything is fine. I have my doubts. Disappeared from cruise planner and the Royal invoice. TA’s invoice still shows the total OBC though. 

30 minutes ago, brillohead said:

It "fell off" -- as in it was there and then disappeared?

Yes. Showed up in cruise planner after I booked. Disappeared sometime before final payment. I checked to make sure I didn’t buy anything in cruise planner. 

34 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If its obc from a group mine doesnt show up until I board. 

Promotional obc shows up and stock, but group obc after you board. I'm always afraid it wouldnt show up. 

Yes it’s group space. Weird because we have 3 cabins booked. 2 of them still show OBC in the cruise planner. 

Did you reprice the cruise after booking?  I have had that problem in the past before final payment.  I call to reprice the cruise on the OBC is removed.  I always ask now to make sure that I know if it is going to be taken off or not.

18 minutes ago, Dan83 said:

Yes it’s group space. Weird because we have 3 cabins booked. 2 of them still show OBC in the cruise planner. 

It could be a different kind of group obc.  Seems there are a lot of kinds. I'm just happy with anything I get and surprised when I get some after I board. 

49 minutes ago, Dan83 said:

Yes. Showed up in cruise planner after I booked. Disappeared sometime before final payment. I checked to make sure I didn’t buy anything in cruise planner. 

That is really odd... especially with the other rooms showing the OBC.

48 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Did you reprice the cruise after booking?  I have had that problem in the past before final payment.  I call to reprice the cruise on the OBC is removed.  I always ask now to make sure that I know if it is going to be taken off or not.

That could be it. Added a balcony discount sometime after booking. 

We had an obc, not from a group but from Next Cruise, "fall off" when I tried to book a shore excursion.  Booked and paid for it as it was a good price after I called and staff couldn't figure it out, though they told me to go to my ta!  After I emailed mbayley@rcci.com.  they apologized,  found it, gave us some additional obc.  It was an IT problem.   Sound familiar.