Off one ship, on another, testing?

FrankieSue

Good morning, we are planning a transatlantic in the Fall, arriving in FtLauderdale, and getting on a different ship on same day for a 14 days Caribean itinerary.  How do you manage testing when you dont leave the port between ships?

45 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

There is a place, Lab Doctor, that alot of cruisers use.  Its just north of the docks opposite Harbor Plaza shopping center.

Not sure that it would work, as we will only have a few hours between ships, logging luggage and my hubby cannot walk any long distance… anyone know if Holland would help and accommodate? 

Last port day before our last sea day, while still docked since wi-fi is supposed to be more reliable, I did an e-med self test on Celebrity Summit.  I took my phone to the service desk with the results pulled up in my email, and asked them to print out the results, which they did.

Disembarked, dragged my luggage next door and boarded MSC Seashore.  No problems.

11 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Last port day before our last sea day, while still docked since wi-fi is supposed to be more reliable, I did an e-med self test on Celebrity Summit.  I took my phone to the service desk with the results pulled up in my email, and asked them to print out the results, which they did.

Disembarked, dragged my luggage next door and boarded MSC Seashore.  No problems.

36 minutes ago, FrankieSue said:

Our problem is that our last port day will be 7 days prior to Ft Lauderdale arrival, test has to be 3 days prior! 

Just to be clear, the test cannot be more than 3-days prior to boarding.  I have used LabDoctor for a rapid antigen test with total time being there less than 30 minutes which included completing the paperwork, waiting in the chairs outside the storefront, test, and waiting for the test result paper.  Cost was $49 and no appointments were necessary...walk-in only. 

That means a 15-minute taxi ride from the port, 30-minute test with paper results, and a short taxi ride back to the port.  You will probably be back before you are even eligible to board your next ship.

LabDoctor is a storefront in a strip mall across the street from the Embassy Suites Hotel on 17th street. 

4 hours ago, FrankieSue said:

Good morning, we are planning a transatlantic in the Fall, arriving in FtLauderdale, and getting on a different ship on same day for a 14 days Caribean itinerary.  How do you manage testing when you dont leave the port between ships?

Get tested on the ship before you get off ship #1

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

Just to be clear, the test cannot be more than 3-days prior to boarding.  I have used LabDoctor for a rapid antigen test with total time being there less than 30 minutes which included completing the paperwork, waiting in the chairs outside the storefront, test, and waiting for the test result paper.  Cost was $49 and no appointments were necessary...walk-in only. 

That means a 15-minute taxi ride from the port, 30-minute test with paper results, and a short taxi ride back to the port.  You will probably be back before you are even eligible to board your next ship.

LabDoctor is a storefront in a strip mall across the street from the Embassy Suites Hotel on 17th street. 

Sounds like an expensive proposition $49/each plus 2 cab rides… with luggage in tow.  

10 minutes ago, FrankieSue said:

Sounds like an expensive proposition $49/each plus 2 cab rides… with luggage in tow.  

Not really IMO.  The cab rides are only about $10-15 each plus tip, so about $140 total outlay.  Some testing places are now charging $150 pp nowadays.

48 minutes ago, FrankieSue said:

I like the getting tested on the ship. I will check with customer service while on the transatlantic part, to see what they can arrange for us.

thanks everybody for your suggestions.

You might want to have a plan B if on board testing isn’t an option. Also if it is an option the price might be higher than the above mentioned ones.

We willing be on Zaandam Aug 20 to 27 then change ships on Aug 27 to Nieuw Statendam for 11 days. Our PCC said that they would test us on board Zaandam for us. I hope that this is true.  I will let you know how we make out.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bad1987 said:

We willing be on Zaandam Aug 20 to 27 then change ships on Aug 27 to Nieuw Statendam for 11 days. Our PCC said that they would test us on board Zaandam for us. I hope that this is true.  I will let you know how we make out.

Please do let us know how it works out! And have great cruises!