Carnival Cruise Line Removes Pre-Cruise Testing for Vaccinated Guests and Welcomes All Unvaccinated To Sail

ProgRockCruiser

C'mon, c'mon, Carnival, make the announcement! I've got a 7-day cruise at the end of September (with 0 restrictions from the ports) for which I would love not having to deal with the testing malarkey.

In all seriousness, I'm quite surprised the higher-end lines in their portfolio - known for having significantly older passengers on average - dropped restrictions and testing before Carnival itself.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, allinwonderland said:

In all seriousness, I'm quite surprised the higher-end lines in their portfolio - known for having significantly older passengers on average - dropped restrictions and testing before Carnival itself.

Maybe they are waiting for John Heald to approve, and he's just finishing his cruise on P&O Iona, so might have to wait until Monday.  🤣

My more serious expectation is they will release something around 4pm ET (US).  But I've been wrong before on such things...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I wish I was booked on princess then. I am sick and tired of pre testing

I would be shocked if Carnival doesn't come out with a similar announcement before Monday evening (noting a weekend is upon us, so if they miss today, it will wait until Monday afternoon).

And I'm guessing it will be today, maybe 4pm ET as noted above.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Apparently I haven't been paying attention to the time, since it was around 4pm when I posted that.

OK, I will reset my expectations to "before 5pm ET".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Maybe they are waiting for John Heald to approve, and he's just finishing his cruise on P&O Iona, so might have to wait until Monday.  🤣

After the way the whole Bahamas testing thing was handled - with him virulently doubling down that it was a port requirement, only to have them backtrack after a couple days - I personally think they'd be best off keeping him away from the news at first. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I would be shocked if Carnival doesn't come out with a similar announcement before Monday evening (noting a weekend is upon us, so if they miss today, it will wait until Monday afternoon).

Yes, I am with you. I believe it is coming in the next few days. Hopefully it will be like these with mostly no testing.

38 minutes ago, allinwonderland said:

C'mon, c'mon, Carnival, make the announcement! I've got a 7-day cruise at the end of September (with 0 restrictions from the ports) for which I would love not having to deal with the testing malarkey.

We have one beginning September 23. I’ve been believing that it wouldn’t require testing since the CDC dropped their cruise ship program. I haven’t ordered tests yet either because I’m still thinking it will happen soon!

6 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

We have one beginning September 23. I’ve been believing that it wouldn’t require testing since the CDC dropped their cruise ship program. I haven’t ordered tests yet either because I’m still thinking it will happen soon!

Haha, mine leaves on the 24th. I've been watching the news like a hawk since the CDC dropped the program, in the hopes that no tests would be required by my cruise. I would've also had to make sure that my traveling companion gets their test done correctly, whether proctored online or finding them a test site to go to that wouldn't charge $130, or they could be denied boarding (we don't live in the same state), so IF the testing drops in time, I'll be extra excited not to have to stress about them potentially screwing it up and ruining my vacation!

Edited by allinwonderland

The announcement doesnt make sense.

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., Aug. 12, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess Cruises today announced updated COVID-19 protocols and guidelines, removing the vaccine requirement for most voyages of less than 16 days so that anyone can cruise, and adjusting pre-travel testing requirements to make it less complicated.

Starting Sept. 6, vaccinated guests sailing on voyages of less than 16 days will no longer have to test before boarding and only need to upload proof of vaccination while getting OceanReady. Unvaccinated guests, or those who do not provide proof of vaccination, on those itineraries will self-test within three days of sailing and upload proof of a negative test before boarding.   

If the Vaccine requirement is removed so anyone can sail why the need to upload proof of vaccination????

• Like 4

• Native Floridian 26 changed the title to Carnival Cruise Line Removes Pre-Cruise Testing for Vaccinated Guests and Welcomes All Unvaccinated To Sail
55 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

The announcement doesnt make sense.

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., Aug. 12, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess Cruises today announced updated COVID-19 protocols and guidelines, removing the vaccine requirement for most voyages of less than 16 days so that anyone can cruise, and adjusting pre-travel testing requirements to make it less complicated.

Starting Sept. 6, vaccinated guests sailing on voyages of less than 16 days will no longer have to test before boarding and only need to upload proof of vaccination while getting OceanReady. Unvaccinated guests, or those who do not provide proof of vaccination, on those itineraries will self-test within three days of sailing and upload proof of a negative test before boarding.   

If the Vaccine requirement is removed so anyone can sail why the need to upload proof of vaccination????

Unvaccinated still have to test

• Like 1