What to do in New York City between disembarkation and 4pm flight from LGA?

Purple Gallinule

We will be getting back to NYC (Brooklyn terminal) early on a Saturday morning in October. Our flight does not leave LGA until 4pm. Obviously, we do not want to spend all day at the airport. In fact, my wife says she will NOT spend all day at the airport. The biggest issue is with luggage, as you can imagine. We could easily take cabs here and there if we did not have baggage to contend with.

Does anyone have experience with this type of issue? There is a Princess excursion that tours the city, but you have to be on flights that leave after 5pm as the excursion bus does not get to LGA until after 3pm.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you are staying at a hotel precruise near the pier ask them if you can check your baggage with them for a few hours when you return from your cruise. Tip concierge.  Worth asking.  I did this in a few places.

12 minutes ago, dog said:

If you are staying at a hotel precruise near the pier ask them if you can check your baggage with them for a few hours when you return from your cruise. Tip concierge.  Worth asking.  I did this in a few places.

What a great idea. We are indeed staying in a hotel in Brooklyn just a mile from the terminal. That never would have occurred to us. Thanks.

• Like 1

Go to Joe's Shanghai in Midtown off Canal Street in Chinatown for lunch. They also have a second location in Flushing closer to La Guardia. Get their steamed pork dumplings and spicy chicken cucumber. You will thank me later.

There are lots of little places in Chinatown and Little Italy off Canal Street that will definitely fill everyone up. As if you need more food after getting off a cruise. 

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Purple Gallinule said:

We will be getting back to NYC (Brooklyn terminal) early on a Saturday morning in October. Our flight does not leave LGA until 4pm. Obviously, we do not want to spend all day at the airport. In fact, my wife says she will NOT spend all day at the airport. The biggest issue is with luggage, as you can imagine. We could easily take cabs here and there if we did not have baggage to contend with.

Does anyone have experience with this type of issue? There is a Princess excursion that tours the city, but you have to be on flights that leave after 5pm as the excursion bus does not get to LGA until after 3pm.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Same for us!  We're using a baggage storage service (Bounce, but there are a lot of them).  We chose a location in the center of the area we want to tour (Brooklyn rather than Manhattan).

Edited by uspearls
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, uspearls said:

Same for us!  We're using a baggage storage service (Bounce, but there are a lot of them).  We chose a location in the center of the area we want to tour (Brooklyn rather than Manhattan).

I have investigated Bounce and found one right across the street from Prospect Park in Brooklyn where we want to attend an Audubon Society birding field trip. Thanks for the tip about Bounce!

• Like 2

On 8/13/2022 at 8:41 PM, stobe1 said:

Go to Joe's Shanghai in Midtown off Canal Street in Chinatown for lunch. They also have a second location in Flushing closer to La Guardia. Get their steamed pork dumplings and spicy chicken cucumber. You will thank me later.

There are lots of little places in Chinatown and Little Italy off Canal Street that will definitely fill everyone up. As if you need more food after getting off a cruise. 

When selecting a restaurant look for one with a large A in the window.  They have passed the latest health inspection.  Those with B or C in window did not pass at a high level. 

Bob