NCL Seattle Ground Transfers

drvmywifecrzy

11 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Is there a scheduled time they depart the airport for the cruise port?  Every 30 mins or something?  When is the 1st?  When is the last?

The first is whenever disembarkation starts. Thousands will use the transfers, so as soon as one of the 50 seat motor coaches fills up, it leaves. They sometimes fill two at a time. Using Port Valet to forward you luggage directly to your airlines and the NCL transfers is the most efficient way of disembarking in Seattle. Fast. Efficient. 

On our recent trip, two transfers was cheaper than Uber of Lyft. There is no pickup area at the Bell Street Terminal in Seattle, so people drag there bags for blocks to get to a point where they can get picked up. Trying to get picked up at the terminal is hard. Lots of people. Most of the road is blocked by trucks with provisions for the next cruise. Some recommend dragging bags to local hotels for a better chance and finding your car. 

D3487428-CB69-4330-A225-E37957E7AF7A.thumb.jpeg.d375f5c15d2fc8edd3c3d3d12f62b4c7.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The first is whenever disembarkation starts. Thousands will use the transfers, so as soon as one of the 50 seat motor coaches fills up, it leaves. They sometimes fill two at a time. Using Port Valet to forward you luggage directly to your airlines and the NCL transfers is the most efficient way of disembarking in Seattle. Fast. Efficient. 

On our recent trip, two transfers was cheaper than Uber of Lyft. There is no pickup area at the Bell Street Terminal in Seattle, so people drag there bags for blocks to get to a point where they can get picked up. Trying to get picked up at the terminal is hard. Lots of people. Most of the road is blocked by trucks with provisions for the next cruise. Some recommend dragging bags to local hotels for a better chance and finding your car. 

D3487428-CB69-4330-A225-E37957E7AF7A.thumb.jpeg.d375f5c15d2fc8edd3c3d3d12f62b4c7.jpeg

Please tell me that pic was taken from a seat on the NCL transfer bus. Looks so chaotic out there!

I read your question about a transfer as a departure from the airport to the cruise port.

While I don't know about NCL transfer from the airport, as an FYI, I can tell you that the taxis in the Seattle area have set prices from one point to another. It will probably be around fifty dollars for the cab from the airport to the cruise terminal.

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

My question is the other direction  airport to port

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Is there a scheduled time they depart the airport for the cruise port?  Every 30 mins or something?  When is the 1st?  When is the last?

Good question. I'm also seeking information about the transfers. In my mind, I'll claim my bags and a smartly dressed chauffeur will be waiting (with a sign so I can identify him). He'll handle my bags and sweep me off to the ship in a stretch limo...but I'm probably wrong. :) Just hoping to be able to identify the driver and know where to find him.

1 hour ago, KansasTexan said:

Good question. I'm also seeking information about the transfers. In my mind, I'll claim my bags and a smartly dressed chauffeur will be waiting (with a sign so I can identify him). He'll handle my bags and sweep me off to the ship in a stretch limo...but I'm probably wrong. 🙂 Just hoping to be able to identify the driver and know where to find him.

At SeaTac there is a designated area for cruise line transfers.  There is also an area for Uber/Lyft/ taxi pickup.

Be warned: It is quite a hike from the baggage claim area.  You need to go up several levels, across a skybridge and then follow signs.  

The cruise line transfer area is not near the Uber/Lyft/taxi area.

https://www.portseattle.org/sites/default/files/2022-04/Web-BaggageClaim_3-28-22.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. From a NCL transfer bus. The pic was to show that it is hard to try and Uber at the port. 

Didn't you yourself recently acknowledge how easy it is to take the elevator/pedestrian bridge over to bell street to easily be picked up by Uber/Lyft?  We did exactly that in May and it was the easiest pickup ever.

8 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Be warned: It is quite a hike from the baggage claim area.  You need to go up several levels, across a skybridge and then follow signs.  

That's one person's opinion.  It's up one level from baggage claim on an elevator, and a short walk across an enclosed bridge to the parking garage.  Another short elevator ride and you're at the Uber/Lyft pickup.

2 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

I believe they start around 9:00-9:30 and leave when each bus is full.  You could get lucky and get a bus that fills up quickly or be sitting there for awhile.  I just take a cab.  Lots more information on the West Coast Departures forum.

1 hour ago, KansasTexan said:

Good question. I'm also seeking information about the transfers. In my mind, I'll claim my bags and a smartly dressed chauffeur will be waiting (with a sign so I can identify him). He'll handle my bags and sweep me off to the ship in a stretch limo...but I'm probably wrong. 🙂 Just hoping to be able to identify the driver and know where to find him.

There are limo services that will do that. I think prices are right around $110 for baggage claim meet and greet. It’s actually a pretty nice service.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

That's one person's opinion.  It's up one level from baggage claim on an elevator, and a short walk across an enclosed bridge to the parking garage.  Another short elevator ride and you're at the Uber/Lyft pickup.

Yes, it is my opinion.

It is the opinion of a seventy+ female who has used her body well and now has the attendant knee, shoulder and other joint pain from such use. It is the opinion of said female that finds now pulling several large suitcases not as easy as it was ten years ago.

I posted a link to a  map of the baggage /parking garage area for others who may wish to decide for themselves depending on their stage in life.

• Like 2