Bringing soda on board: any experience ?

Gunther1

A friend of mine, who was unaware of the change in HAL policy re carrying soda on board, recently was on a cruise out of Vancouver.  He carried a 12 pack on board without incident.  No one stopped him from doing it nor blinked an eye about it.

Curious: has anybody else done this recently ?

Does HAL offer CANS of soda in the mini-bar and at dining venues?  I much prefer cans over fountain.

Maybe I'll just throw caution to the wind and risk taking a 12 pack of Coke onboard in Vancouver...

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, HUNKY said:

Does HAL offer CANS of soda in the mini-bar and at dining venues?  I much prefer cans over fountain.

Maybe I'll just throw caution to the wind and risk taking a 12 pack of Coke onboard in Vancouver...

You will soda cans in the mini bar, and I think in the dining venues.  Some of the ships have had the soda guns in bars, but others, like the Koningsdam als9 have cans in the bars.

If you bought the soda package on Koningsdam, you were given a reusable cup to use in the soda machine.

26 minutes ago, HUNKY said:

They have standard size 12 ounce cans of Coke products in both the mini-fridge and at the bars.  Unless the price has changed, they were $2.50/can + 18% gratuity.

I assume you probably don't have one of the drink packages.  If you have the Quench, Signature, or Elite Beverage package, those cans at the bars and restaurants are included in the 15 drink/day limit.  The mini-fridge drinks are not included in the packages nor are sodas delivered with Room Service.