Regal Princess info needed

GOLDENBONNY

Hello. After a good news that testing before cruise is gone on Princess(I hope forever) we booked our cruise with Princess instead of MSC. I have couple questions

1. How is shows and entertainment on Princess now? How is night life?

2. We are getting all in package with alcohol up to 12 $ . do we pay full price or just difference if we want something more expensive?

3.How is embarkation goes today? Do we get exact time or first come first go in Fort Lauderdale?

I saw video that people getting Medallions at home ,is it only for Americans or Canadians get it as well? 

5.we are double vaccinated from last summer and not planning to do any boosters , is it fine by Princess?

any other advise about this ship ? What to do and what not to miss? 

First, things can always change!!!

I love the REGAL.  I love the large Piazza, International Cafe there for food sweets and snacks, That is where the coffee bar is for your good coffee beverages with your package.

Alfredos is also something you should plan for.

I love the Sanctuary, but if you can not board early, spots canl all be filled.

If you are looking for that kind of thing, pool, etc, sailing from FLL, then you can also head to the Retreat pool early and get a nice spot.  (I have seen them eventually remove towels/etc left for too long to free up loungers)

Others who were recently onboard can fill you in with more info about. the shows.

I am thinking, guessing, that the two main shows are Bravo and Rock Opera.

Princess shows can be very good.     Do get to the Theater early...  the shows can be popular and fill up the Theater on some Princess cruises.

Have you sailed Princess before?  I believe that they will have the earlier priority boarding for Platinum/Elite/and Suite guests.

If you are not in the US or Canada, then you might not receive your Medallion before sailing.   I am in the U.S. so I am not familiar with any of the process and differences.  Sorry!!!

Trying to answer more of your questions.  I believe that you can now pay the difference for the more expensive drinks.

The drink package is good on Princess Cays, but they do not have fountain soda, so I believe they will charge for the canned soda.

I can't  compare nightlife to MSC, but I would venture guess that it is a bit more subdued than other lines like Carnival.   There might be some kind of band or event in the Piazza.  There is Club 6, which is not a really large venue.  The shows, and a comedian onboard.  Check out what is scheduled for the Vista Lounge.

19 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Have you sailed Princess before?  I believe that they will have the earlier priority boarding for Platinum/Elite/and Suite guests.

No we booked it twice before and both time had to cancel, hope this time we are lucky lol. We got Blue Line embarkation w.e . its means.....We are from Canada so hope we get Medallions lol

20 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

No we booked it twice before and both time had to cancel, hope this time we are lucky lol. We got Blue Line embarkation w.e . its means.....We are from Canada so hope we get Medallions lol

As of now, Medallions are mailed only to the US passengers.  We Canadians have to pick ours up at the terminal of embarkation.  Of course, this might change in the future.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

As of now, Medallions are mailed only to the US passengers.  We Canadians have to pick ours up at the terminal of embarkation.  Of course, this might change in the future.

LOL... Princess told me back in 2018, Canada delivery was "coming soon".  Never happened in 2019 and then ... and then... everything changed.  So, it was shelved for sure.  Who knows when they might do it?  Maybe never.  The thing is - it was stupid not to have done it in the first place.

1 hour ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

NO, you do not get Medallions mailed to Canada, but here's what I do when sailing from Port Everglades.  Assuming you are smart and heading down to FL at least the day before your cruise, put the address of your hotel in for shipping and pick them up when you check in.  Of course, make sure the hotel you are staying at is okay receiving a small package for incoming guest (usually not a problem).

ETA:  Another option is to have them shipped to friend or family in the US and they fwd on to you, but there may not be enough time to do that, depending on where they live and where you live.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

Hello. After a good news that testing before cruise is gone on Princess(I hope forever) we booked our cruise with Princess instead of MSC. I have couple questions

1. How is shows and entertainment on Princess now? How is night life? Don't count on shows being the same when you sail as today.  Lots of activities.  Main show time, lots of participation games.  different music venues.  not party-party.

2. We are getting all in package with alcohol up to 12 $ . do we pay full price or just difference if we want something more expensive?  Yes you only pay the difference plus 18% gratuity on the difference.

3.How is embarkation goes today? Do we get exact time or first come first go in Fort Lauderdale?  It's more first come/first served.  When all registered in the MC App, you can select an Arrival Group, but it means less and less and less as time passes.  Just come when you are ready to check in.

I saw video that people getting Medallions at home ,is it only for Americans or Canadians get it as well?  I answered this in detail in above post.

5.we are double vaccinated from last summer and not planning to do any boosters , is it fine by Princess?  You should go to Princess.com and click on the health advisory link at the top of the page and read the details about North American cruise protocols and then keep up with it by checking back for changes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

I don't have any specific do's and don't miss's as those are really specific to the individual.  I just want to add that I really enjoy Regal and my next two cruises are booked on this ship, so I am putting my money where my mouth is. When Royal Princess launched, there were a lot of things about it that didn't sit well, and Princess addressed many of those when Regal rolled out. (and Royal addressed some of the issues in dry dock.)  The lack of a center staircase was corrected.  A more robust (but far, far from perfect) Promenade was included.  An aft pool was included.  Basically, all of the features and venues that we enjoy the most in the Princess fleet were included in this ship, except for Explorer's Lounge,   Vines. International Café. Alfredo's. Crown Grill.  Sabatini's.  Trident Grill.  Scoops. Retreat Pool. Crooner's. And some new Royal Class favorites were added like Bellini's, the Skyview Bar, Ocean Terrace.  And just as important, Regal did not include any of the newer venues that we have had no use for, such as Salty Dog, Share, (or anything associated with Curtis Stone.) Bistro Sur Le Mer. To us, Regal is a like a "Greatest Hits" album.  For a first cruise on Princess, you can't do much better (assuming that you enjoy the really big ships).  I still have a spot in my heart for Sapphire Princess, but it has been almost a decade since I have been on that ship and I am betting that with each passing year, I will enjoy the style and décor of the Royal Class ships more than I will the dated appointments of the Grand Class and Gem Class ships.   

• Like 3

Thank you all . I hope cruise industry is not going back to covid rules and we will go on this cruise. I booked Princess twice before and first time hurricane Ivan canceled it, second time my mother in law got cancer and we had to cancel . so hope third time lucky