Towels on CocoCay?

zebra

7 minutes ago, zebra said:

We will be on the Independence and wondered if they supply towels on CocoCay or do we need to bring our pool towels from the ship?

They ask  you to bring them from the ship, but you can trade them in while there for clean ones.  They usually have them to check out as you leave the ship.

• Like 1

There was a towel station at Thrill Waterpark when we went in June. Not sure of the other areas.One tip- if you take one from the ship, get it the day before not the day of.  There was a long line at the pool deck to get them on Cococay day.

Just now, sdrocks said:

There was a towel station at Thrill Waterpark when we went in June. Not sure of the other areas.One tip- if you take one from the ship, get it the day before not the day of.  There was a long line at the pool deck to get them on Cococay day.

They hand them out at the gangway on your way off of the ship too. 

If you're at the Beach Club or in a Cabana, don't worry about the towels. You get super fluffy ones from them. lol! 

• Like 1

Am I the only one that doesn't check towels in and out every single day?

At the end of my pool time, I EXCHANGE any wet/used towels for fresh ones, and take those back to my stateroom -- no card needed, nothing "on the books", because it's a straight exchange.  The next day, I don't have to go check out towels before going ashore or finding a lounger on the pool deck, because I already have clean towels.

At the end of the cruise, I check my towels back in and confirm my count is at zero.  

I never have the problem of getting charged for towels that weren't turned in, likely because I don't have a mish-mash of towels clocked in and out and in and out every single day (each transaction that occurs increases the chances of your account having a discrepancy).  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zebra said:

We will be on the Independence and wondered if they supply towels on CocoCay or do we need to bring our pool towels from the ship?

They do have a towel stations, but many times run out and have to wait for fresh.  We always take our own from the ship, much easier.

49 minutes ago, sdrocks said:

Totally agree, we always get ours the day before when we leave the pool area.

We check out 6 towels at start of cruise, exchange as needed, and check back in 6 at end.  Note that the only time we have had a problem is when two people in cabin check out towels they don't always clear account at end.  Had to call after cruise to remove charges.  Now we do all towels with one card.

Easy to exchange towels on Coco Cay (dry are a lot lighter to carry back to ship).  Generally they don't like checking out new towels because they don't have a working pad connected to the ship and have to use paper records.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NotPayinExtra said:

Ok, rather then start new thread I'll just ask here. Pool towels in general. On other lines you just take from bin on top deck. Royal is different? Haven't done Royal in 18 yrs. Pool and beach, what is the deal?

Oh, Royal thinks highly of their pool towels, to the point that you have to check them out at a towel station and it is recorded by cabin number.  Don't return them by the end of the cruise and $25 per towel fees will be assessed.  Sometimes even when you do turn them in a charge for a missing towel will magically appear, often on debarkation morning as you are leaving.

1 hour ago, NotPayinExtra said:

Ok, rather then start new thread I'll just ask here. Pool towels in general. On other lines you just take from bin on top deck. Royal is different? Haven't done Royal in 18 yrs. Pool and beach, what is the deal?

Too many people were leaving towels on the beach in ports, or taking the towels home with them. 

Now, you have to check out pool towels on the pool deck at a desk by showing your card and they record how many towels you check out.  As I stated above, I just exchange my used towels for fresh ones each evening, rather than checking them back in every evening and then checking them out again the next morning.  

The last night of the cruise, you check in the last of your towels.  It helps to make sure that your account is at "zero" the last night.  

42 minutes ago, Anton said:

Oh, Royal thinks highly of their pool towels, to the point that you have to check them out at a towel station and it is recorded by cabin number.  Don't return them by the end of the cruise and $25 per towel fees will be assessed.  Sometimes even when you do turn them in a charge for a missing towel will magically appear, often on debarkation morning as you are leaving.

OMG! I've done Disney too many times. This is going to be culture shock! I always use 2 at a time. Will they let each person even have 2?

15 minutes ago, NotPayinExtra said:

OMG! I've done Disney too many times. This is going to be culture shock! I always use 2 at a time. Will they let each person even have 2?

You can have as many as you want.  Just make sure however many you check out, you check back in by the end of the cruise. 

I usually get four at a time.

13 minutes ago, NotPayinExtra said:

Yes.  You can check out as many as you want as far as I know.  As mentioned by Brillohead, on he last day or whenever you check in towels for the last time, have them check your account to see if it is zeroed out with no outstanding towels listed.