HAVEN question, 1st time on NCL

Cruise19751

Hello! It’s our first time on NCL and we have a suite on HAVEN. 

Last minute, a family member wants to cruise with us, solo. 

Although our suite sleeps up to 6, she doesn’t want to stay with us. And there are no other Haven rooms available any more…

She’s fine with Club Suite… but is this going to mess up all our hang out times (meals, drinks etc)?

can we get her the club suite and also pay for her to be the 3rd guest on our room? (Pay double for her)

Any advice or help? 

thanks! 

No.

The system will eventually catch 1 person booked in 2 staterooms. Some people have done it in the past but things have gotten stricter.

If the family member has someone that could share the club balcony, you could book that person in the club balcony and the family member in the Haven Suite. The family member could enjoy the Haven benefits then sleep in the other stateroom with that other person.

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Haha 1

Wow, I’ve never seen a question like that. You have to call. I don’t think you can book two rooms under the same name because of the manifest. But the third person in your room might be free or a nominal cost and it would be great if it works out. Otherwise you will feel you have to forgo too much to be with her. Great Haven meals, the sundeck, service, special treatment for so many things. Please let us know what happens.

50 minutes ago, Cruise19751 said:

Although our suite sleeps up to 6, she doesn’t want to stay with us. And there are no other Haven rooms available any more…

She’s fine with Club Suite… but is this going to mess up all our hang out times (meals, drinks etc)?

can we get her the club suite and also pay for her to be the 3rd guest on our room? (Pay double for her)

Any advice or help? 

thanks! 

I posted this same question a couple months back.   I was advised this is something that used to be allowed and that perhaps a good travel agent or PCC could get around it.   

So, I tried and was unsuccessful.  In my case,, we have a two bedroom suite on the Epic and I wanted to add my daughter's boyfriend as a fifth in addition to the solo suite I have booked for him.   It would of cost me about $1000 more and I even stressed the additional revenue NCL would be receiving.  

Out of curiosity, what ship and what room are you currently booked in? Just because a room says it CAN sleep up to 6, doesn't mean it really can.

Also how many do you already have in there? If you've already got 5 and they would be on a pull out couch sharing a bathroom with 5 other people... I don't blame them.

If they're not in Haven, they can certainly spend time in your room with you but they are not permitted in the courtyard, lounge, bar, etc. They can join you for meals in the Haven restaurant, but they have to pay a fee and that needs to be pre-arranged through the concierge.

Not sure when you're sailing, but just because something is 'sold-out' doesn't mean it's sold out either. No harm in going in a club balcony room and trying for an upgrade to Haven for last minute cancellations. Yes, it happens. Not often, but yes it's possible.

39 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Out of curiosity, what ship and what room are you currently booked in? Just because a room says it CAN sleep up to 6, doesn't mean it really can.

Also how many do you already have in there?

The OP posted...

4 hours ago, Cruise19751 said:

can we get her the club suite and also pay for her to be the 3rd guest on our room?

...which makes me believe that the OP currently only has 2 booked in a stateroom that holds 6. There could be other reasons besides space that the family member doesn't want to share a stateroom. 

Also, if the Haven is currently sold-out, there could be an issue with lifeboat capacity. If that is maxed-out, adding the family member won't happen even as guest #3. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Also how many do you already have in there? If you've already got 5 and they would be on a pull out couch sharing a bathroom with 5 other people... I don't blame them.

If they're not in Haven, they can certainly spend time in your room with you but they are not permitted in the courtyard, lounge, bar, etc. They can join you for meals in the Haven restaurant, but they have to pay a fee and that needs to be pre-arranged through the concierge.

Not sure when you're sailing, but just because something is 'sold-out' doesn't mean it's sold out either. No harm in going in a club balcony room and trying for an upgrade to Haven for last minute cancellations. Yes, it happens. Not often, but yes it's possible.

We are currently in a two bedroom Haven suite and it can sleep 6.

Bedroom 2 has a full bathroom with shower. It has a lower sofa bed and Pullman. 

Living room has a pull out sofa

Master has a king size bed. Bathroom has both a shower and tub. 

Master Bathroom

8CFD6177-9D1B-4540-B95D-D93ECDFBB6B2.thumb.jpeg.68d15218e199f0bbc0c47b8b5bc5a63c.jpegBD19B160-67F6-4462-A3F0-B35E8D872D16.thumb.jpeg.b1ace3df857415dd05991bb66c3084f8.jpeg

Guest Bathroom (same as a balcony room - except for the L’Occitane amenities) 

4DC7E65A-F517-441D-A548-4C2CCC422920.thumb.jpeg.d2140c5bf35d55c4c664cd470e5832d4.jpeg9D0E0BDC-7CB9-42C4-B9DF-F91134F81BA3.thumb.jpeg.b25e48a88363acd5c5e66b657376eb83.jpeg020B3002-91B7-4178-883E-CF324F328D54.thumb.jpeg.cad2c1836eaba32d60bc0d5f891efed3.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

More info just helps the rest of us give other options and advice.

I agree. 

I think that it comes down to how much the family member wants "Haven" vs. how much the family member wants privacy. One side will win since getting both is unlikely. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I agree. 

I think that it comes down to how much the family member wants "Haven" vs. how much the family member wants privacy. One side will win since getting both is unlikely. 

I can get privacy at home anytime I want. I can't get Haven anytime I want though. I know which option I would choose...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you do go the route of two different rooms, you have the option of talking with the concierge to get your family member into the Haven Restaurant for a meal or two or however many the concierge will allow. I wouldn't push it - also, you'll have to pay for each meal. 

You still get (if you selected Free at Sea) at least one specialty meal, so you all can enjoy that together. Best perk of getting a separate club balcony - you, and she, will get the free meal. If you're together in the Haven, only guests 1 and 2 do. 

You can always take your family  member to your room/balcony for drinks, but you can/should forget taking them to the common spaces (sundeck, courtyard, lounge, etc.). 

Also, all of you could get thermal suite or Vibe passes/Vibe cabana. If you do, you won't want to spend time in your room and can all be together in another space for that all important together time. 

Have a lovely trip!

Edited by cruiseny4life
reading comprehension

14 hours ago, Cruise19751 said:

Any advice or help? 

thanks! 

Hmmmm….what do you mean…”hang out times”?  There are lots of venues outside of the Haven you can meet for drinks and/or meals.  Depending on ship, there are even SOLO cabins available.  But, to be in the Haven, but if she insists on her own cabin, she will get whatever the “perks” are for her cabin type.  If it isn’t in the Haven, she won’t be entitled to HAven perks.

13 hours ago, vacation44 said:

I posted this same question a couple months back.   I was advised this is something that used to be allowed and that perhaps a good travel agent or PCC could get around it.   

So, I tried and was unsuccessful.  In my case,, we have a two bedroom suite on the Epic and I wanted to add my daughter's boyfriend as a fifth in addition to the solo suite I have booked for him.   It would of cost me about $1000 more and I even stressed the additional revenue NCL would be receiving.  

$1,000 for a person to stay in the Haven?  That’s super cheap!

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

$1,000 for a person to stay in the Haven?  That’s super cheap!

It was actually $818.20 as a fifth passenger.    This would have been in addition to what we paid for the studio cabin we have booked for him.    

Just now, Treasure Hunter said:

It’s a shame. You’ll feel bad for not spending time with your 3rd person unless you forgo many of the perks you are paying dearly for. 

Personally - if my relatives went (excluding my husband), I'd prefer them to notbe in the Haven. That would give me an excuse not to see them...but alas, my family is...uhhh...weird. 🙂 Explains me huh?

Perhaps this is how this family will feel, so don't try to shame them into spending more time with someone they may, or may not, want to be super close to while on the boat. None of us know their story. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, vacation44 said:

It was actually $818.20 as a fifth passenger.    This would have been in addition to what we paid for the studio cabin we have booked for him.    

I see.  So, taken by itself, adding someone to the Haven cabin for $818 is a bargain.  

So, the BF doesn't want a solo cabin?  Even though you're paying for it?  Hard for me to empathize.  He's your guest.  He should be appreciative of your generosity, already.

I've been sailing with NCL for a while.  And, have sailed in the Haven several times.  Never have heard them allowing someone "extra" (as in family or friend) stay in the Haven without paying the going rate. 

• Like 2

I’m sorry it came off that way. I’m not shaming anyone. When my son and his family were treated by us for a cruise on RCCL I offered them a grand suite ( like ours) for the four of them so we could eat in coastal kitchen together. My daughter and her family accepted. My son preferred two balcony cabins so the two teens would have their own bathroom. They were happy and we had a few lunch’s and two specialty dinners together but it wasn’t what I had envisioned for our 50th. Since they live far away. 

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I see.  So, taken by itself, adding someone to the Haven cabin for $818 is a bargain.  

So, the BF doesn't want a solo cabin?  Even though you're paying for it?  Hard for me to empathize.  He's your guest.  He should be appreciative of your generosity, already.

I've been sailing with NCL for a while.  And, have sailed in the Haven several times.  Never have heard them allowing someone "extra" (as in family or friend) stay in the Haven without paying the going rate. 

No, the BF would be happy sleeping in a life boat--he is very appreciative and even has offered to pay his way several times.  

The $818 would be the going rate for him to stay in our cabin---as a fifth passenger in a two bedroom suite.   I could add him to our cabin and cancel his solo cabin which would actually save us money.   But we decided to keep him in the solo cabin as we are also traveling with extended family and half of them will not be staying in the Haven either. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

@Birdtravels,  thanks for posting the pictures!  

Is there also a L'Occitane Lotion provided?  Are they in small 'take-home' sizes?

No take-away bottles, they refill the ones that are there. Some ships with the other high-end products (Bulgogi? Bulvogi? you know that one I mean...) - those were still in take-away bottles on some ships.

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Personally - if my relatives went (excluding my husband), I'd prefer them to notbe in the Haven. That would give me an excuse not to see them...but alas, my family is...uhhh...weird. 🙂 Explains me huh?

Perhaps this is how this family will feel, so don't try to shame them into spending more time with someone they may, or may not, want to be super close to while on the boat. None of us know their story. 

I'm right there with you. Sailing in about 2 weeks to Canada on a 10 day. Hubby & I are in Haven, my folks are not. My mom is sad, we're not. I've got some dinners booked and we're sharing one tour... that's sufficient to me.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

No take-away bottles, they refill the ones that are there. Some ships with the other high-end products (Bulgogi? Bulvogi? you know that one I mean...) - those were still in take-away bottles on some ships.

Is the L'Occitane lotion nice?  

Wondering if I need to bring along own lotion.   Thanks!

3 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Is the L'Occitane lotion nice?  

Wondering if I need to bring along own lotion.   Thanks!

It's fine for me, not for my wife.  She always brings little refillable travel-size bottles of her own stuff.

• Like 1