Explain how Princess Excursions work please.

rjack22

Although I have been on several Princess cruises before I have never purchased their excursions preferring to book independently.  This time around I have booked three Princess excursions.   

How does it work?   Do you receive tickets or coupons for your tour?  How do you know when and where to report?  Do you leave the ship in a group?  One port is a tender.   How does that work with a Princess excursion?  Enlighten me please.

9 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

How does it work?   Do you receive tickets or coupons for your tour?  How do you know when and where to report?  Do you leave the ship in a group?  One port is a tender.   How does that work with a Princess excursion?  Enlighten me please.

The tickets for your excursion will be left in your room. Each ticket shows the meeting time and place for the excursion. 

When the ship is docked, you will be given the location to meet up with your Tour which could be the theater.  You will leave as group. Outside   There will be a guide standing there with a sign with your tour number on it and they will then send you to the correct bus to board.  If you leave the bus, the guide will carry a sign on a stick so you can keep track of it while walking through crowds. 

For the tender port you will report to the location on the ship listed on your tour ticket.  As you enter the area the staff will give you a number that will indicate when you leave to board the tender.  Then at the dock you look for your guide.

Bob