How to verify our CWC level (in the US)

frankp01

Is there a way to see what our World Club status is, without having booked a voyage? We're thinking of booking a trip on MSC. MSC will match the affinity level of any other cruise line. But I don't know how to show what our Cunard level is (other than on our eTicket from the last trip, and that trip bounced us up a level, so it's not accurate). We're also doing a relatively long Cunard trip in January, and I'd like to make certain our tier is what I think it is before that trip.  Is the status on the US Cunard website somewhere and I'm just missing it?

Edited by frankp01
rewording to clarify

There's no way to see your Cunard World Club status online in the US that I am aware of. There used to be Cunard World Club login functionality where you could view your status as well as your full voyage history but that is long gone.

There is "My Account" login functionality for those in the UK which is linked to the Cunard World Club account. When it was first introduced that was mostly to specify marketing preferences. But since then I understand it has been expanded to do a few more things such as allowing those in the UK to see their FCC amounts without having to resort to starting a booking. I do not know if "My Account" allows those in the UK to see their Cunard World Club status. Perhaps one of our contributors from the UK can comment on that.

However, the "My Account" functionality is irrelevant to us here in the US anyway. We had that functionality briefly in the US when it was first introduced but it is no longer supported here.

49 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

If you are booked on a current cruise, once you open the booking page with the Booking Number we see our status in the upper right hand corner...Like ours state DIAMOND...

That's interesting. I searched "My Cunard" looking for our Cunard World Club status to no avail. Looks like you are seeing it someplace that should be obvious. Here is what the top portion of the home page looks like when I log in to our current cruise booking.

542421905_MyCunardHomePage.thumb.png.9aea6b6e186df27c159445c0d41793f4.png

Unfortunately I'm not seeing our Cunard World Club status in the upper right corner. Am I looking at the wrong page? This is for a voyage on Queen Anne which is of course a long way off so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Nope - not visible on the 'booking summary' or the 'before you sail/personaldetails' pages either.

I noticed a link  https://www.cunard.com/en-us/my-account but that goes nowhere useful

Quote:

My Account. 

Unfortunately, My Account Login and Registration are currently undergoing maintenance repairs. 

Please know our teams are working hard to get My Account Login and Registration up and running again. If you have questions regarding your Cunard World Club account or loyalty status, please call Customer Service at (800) 728-6273.

29 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

Nope - not visible on the 'booking summary' or the 'before you sail/personaldetails' pages either.

I noticed a link  https://www.cunard.com/en-us/my-account but that goes nowhere useful

Quote:

My Account. 

Unfortunately, My Account Login and Registration are currently undergoing maintenance repairs. 

Please know our teams are working hard to get My Account Login and Registration up and running again. If you have questions regarding your Cunard World Club account or loyalty status, please call Customer Service at (800) 728-6273.

Right. That's supposed to be a link to the "My Account" login/register page which used to work here in the US. That message about it undergoing maintenance repairs and their teams working hard to get it up and running again has been that way for over a year now. I wasn't optimistic it was just down for short-term maintenance repairs when they removed the "Login | Register" link from the Cunard US website's menu bar about the same time it stopped working here.

4 hours ago, frankp01 said:

Is there a way to see what our World Club status is, without having booked a voyage?

In Australia there's an email address you can write to with Worldclub account queries.  loyalty@cunardline.com.au   I've written to them before to verify our status and they've replied back the same day.

I would think there would be a US equivalent.  The Australia email address is found at the bottom of the Australia Worldclub benefit page:  https://www.cunard.com/en-au/cunard-world-club  The bottom of thie equivalent US page may have the US email address. 

@sfred, unfortunately the Cunard US website is conspicuous for the absence of an email address to contact the Cunard World Club here. The "Terms and conditions" section at the bottom of our "en-us/cunard-world-club" page lists email addresses for everywhere else except the US. That includes different email addresses provided for the UK, for Germany/EMEA, and for Australia/New Zealand where it lists the email address you mentioned. All it offers for the US is the regular Cunard customer service phone number.

There are some old posts in this forum which mention worldclub@cunard.com as the email address for the Cunard World Club in the US. I have my doubts that's still a valid email address though since it's not listed on the Cunard US website.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bluemarble said:

That's interesting. I searched "My Cunard" looking for our Cunard World Club status to no avail. Looks like you are seeing it someplace that should be obvious. Here is what the top portion of the home page looks like when I log in to our current cruise booking.

542421905_MyCunardHomePage.thumb.png.9aea6b6e186df27c159445c0d41793f4.png

Unfortunately I'm not seeing our Cunard World Club status in the upper right corner. Am I looking at the wrong page? This is for a voyage on Queen Anne which is of course a long way off so perhaps that has something to do with it.

I am currently in Eastern Europe (land-based travel, no Cunard involved), so I thought I’d give a try at the “My Account” page from here, having set up an account during the brief time it was available in the US. Got nothing…no incorrect password, no “not available”, nothing. Only response was to go back to the main page, essentially the same response one gets from teen-age children when they don’t want to hear. The default is to the Cunard UK site from here.

As for the status showing on the booking page, I had noted that ours did show up on the “Booking Summary” page for our December TA. It was located on the main part of the summary page, not at the top. As I recall, it was just below where your screen shot cut off the bottom of the page. It was fairly obvious, so it probably isn’t on your summary or I think you would have seen it.

CWC status did not show up on our summary about three (roughly) months back, but did when I checked just before leaving the US on this trip. We were just past final payment date, do you think that matters?

(I know, it’s pointless to speculate on reasons behind Cunard IT.)

Figured out how to bring up the booking summary from here. CWC status is no longer displayed where it was a few weeks ago. Couldn’t find it anywhere on the booking summary, so as with many things related to the Web site, “here today, gone tomorrow.”

Evidently, though it did log me into my account when I tried earlier, it just wasn’t apparent until I went all the way back to the landing page for Cunard. There, at the top, it showed me as logged in, where it had not shown that on the My Account page before. Still no information given on CWC status in the summary of my account, though.

1 hour ago, ExArkie said:

Evidently, though it did log me into my account when I tried earlier, it just wasn’t apparent until I went all the way back to the landing page for Cunard. There, at the top, it showed me as logged in, where it had not shown that on the My Account page before. Still no information given on CWC status in the summary of my account, though.

I'm intrigued to hear the Cunard UK website allowed you to log in to your My Account which was created on the US website (when that functionality existed in the US). I figured it might throw a fit seeing an account with a US Cunard World Club number linked to it. I recall others have verified the Cunard UK website won't allow a newly created My Account to be linked to a US Cunard World Club number.

18 hours ago, frankp01 said:

Is there a way to see what our World Club status is, without having booked a voyage? We're thinking of booking a trip on MSC. MSC will match the affinity level of any other cruise line. But I don't know how to show what our Cunard level is (other than on our eTicket from the last trip, and that trip bounced us up a level, so it's not accurate). We're also doing a relatively long Cunard trip in January, and I'd like to make certain our tier is what I think it is before that trip.  Is the status on the US Cunard website somewhere and I'm just missing it?

Hi MSC status matched our Cunard Diamond status when I emailed copies of our last voyage key card which states the date and status on also adding our Cunard World club member number.

32 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

I emailed copies of our last voyage key card

See, that's the issue. With the conclusion of our last voyage we would have jumped to Platinum. But we want to book an MSC trip before our next Cunard voyage. And, for that matter, I wanted to verify our status before our 28 day Cunard trip.

It's nice to know what the MSC process is, however!

1 hour ago, frankp01 said:

See, that's the issue. With the conclusion of our last voyage we would have jumped to Platinum. But we want to book an MSC trip before our next Cunard voyage. And, for that matter, I wanted to verify our status before our 28 day Cunard trip.

It's nice to know what the MSC process is, however!

Oh I see, not sure how to get round that one,

7 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I'm intrigued to hear the Cunard UK website allowed you to log in to your My Account which was created on the US website (when that functionality existed in the US). I figured it might throw a fit seeing an account with a US Cunard World Club number linked to it. I recall others have verified the Cunard UK website won't allow a newly created My Account to be linked to a US Cunard World Club number.

Actually, the UK site didn’t acknowledge my CWC number, showing it as “not provided” on the profile page. For grins (I’m easily amused), I tried to edit the profile to add my CWC number and got an error message that it “…did not match our records…” Perhaps not “throw a fit” so much as “conspicuously ignore.”

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, bluemarble said:

There are some old posts in this forum which mention worldclub@cunard.com as the email address for the Cunard World Club in the US. I have my doubts that's still a valid email address

Erase those doubts. I sent a message to WorldClub@Cunard.com last night and received a reply today 3PM. With the answer I was expecting/hoping to see. So my tier of record is correct.

I don't know how widely that address should be propagated, if it's, in fact, not published anywhere!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having returned to the US a couple of days ago, I decided to check on the Booking Summary again, as follow-up to the discussions above. Turns out that the CWC status IS shown on our summary for the December TA, in the same place I had noted before my sojourn in eastern Europe this month. See screen shot below.

image.thumb.png.47c2234814b8a422da1ce250a703fa42.png

Interes

7 hours ago, ExArkie said:

Turns out that the CWC status IS shown on our summary

Interesting. It doesn't appear on our January summary, although we have a guarantee for that trip (not that that should make a difference to our tier, since the tier is based on past trips). It also wasn't there in the online summary for our July voyage, which was not a guarantee, or on the eTicket. The eTicket said "(Membership Tier): Not Available". Which, now that I think about it, is why I started wondering how to verify our level.