Internet Packages - Purchased Onboard

Good afternoon,

I waited too late to purchase the internet package before boarding for 2 devices on the Allure of the Seas sailing this Saturday.  It was 20% off the cruise planner.  Does anyone know if I go on board will there still be a reasonable discount?  The price was $26 or $27 and discounted for the second device.  I believe it was $260 for 8 days.  Can someone based on their experience tell me if there is a discount onboard?

Sounds like you are looking at surf/stream.  Onboard will still have multidevice discounts and that is cheaper than single device plans.  But do you need surf/stream?  We get a single device surf plan which runs about $25/day onboard.  Sharing the plan works fine.  And unless you are planning on watching video online the surf plan may meet your needs.

We have seen some discounts onboard, especially later in the cruise but not all that common - Symphony was a bit cheaper back last August than when we were on it in April.  Might have been encouraging purchases while sailing half full.

Edited by LeeW
more
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, LeeW said:

We get a single device surf plan which runs about $25/day onboard.  Sharing the plan works fine. 

This is a very individual situation.  Not everyone's situation will be the same as yours. Some people need/want Stream, and some want/need a separate plan for each person.  

1 hour ago, LeeW said:

Sounds like you are looking at surf/stream.  Onboard will still have multidevice discounts and that is cheaper than single device plans.  But do you need surf/stream?  We get a single device surf plan which runs about $25/day onboard.  Sharing the plan works fine.  And unless you are planning on watching video online the surf plan may meet your needs.

We have seen some discounts onboard, especially later in the cruise but not all that common - Symphony was a bit cheaper back last August than when we were on it in April.  Might have been encouraging purchases while sailing half full.

We always book 1 device and we share the login as well, saves us $$$$

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jamscckmc said:

Wondering if you can subtract your Diamond free day from the presale discount price. When I put it in the cart I don’t see any way to subtract it. Is it only on full price packages?

You cannot do this.  The D and above discount only is applicable to on board pricing 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

We just need 2 devices since we will have 4 internet ready phones/ipads.  We want the surf/stream for 2 accounts.  I was able to get it for $250 but didn't know you had to lock in 48 hours before sailing or else loose the deal.  Do you think it will be the original price of over $325 onboard?