Rebooked cruises erased from bookings and cancelled cruises added to website and medallian

Kabuki12

I was booked on the B2B Sept. 6 and Sept 11 cancelled Diamond Princess cruises.     The very day that the email came out that they were cancelled, I called the vacation planner and rebooked B2B on Discovery Princess.  The bookings were finalized with a my OBC's moved over and an additional 100 dollar OBC.   I changed my airline reservations.

Well, yesterday I logged in to see that the new bookings have disappeared and the B2B cancelled Diamond cruises are not only back on the website but also added to the Mediallion App stating that I have a cruise in 18 days.

I am on the phone with a Princess rep right now telling me that these cruises were not cancelled.  I am telling her that they are.

16 minutes ago, Kabuki12 said:

I was booked on the B2B Sept. 6 and Sept 11 cancelled Diamond Princess cruises.     The very day that the email came out that they were cancelled, I called the vacation planner and rebooked B2B on Discovery Princess.  The bookings were finalized with a my OBC's moved over and an additional 100 dollar OBC.   I changed my airline reservations.

Well, yesterday I logged in to see that the new bookings have disappeared and the B2B cancelled Diamond cruises are not only back on the website but also added to the Mediallion App stating that I have a cruise in 18 days.

I am on the phone with a Princess rep right now telling me that these cruises were not cancelled.  I am telling her that they are.

She can go to Princess.com at the top click on cancelled cruises!

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

She can go to Princess.com at the top click on cancelled cruises!

You should be able to get hold of your CVP now,

it’s a Friday… let them straighten this out for you.  BIG website error. Unreal.

Edited by PacnGoNow

She spoke to a supervisor who found the problem.  The vacation planner did not complete something with the pricing change so the cruises were erroneously booked and pulled from the site.   She needs to change the pricing and will call me back.

My concern is that my cabins are no longer available. I don't know if they resold them or kept them reserved for me.   If they try to put me on another deck I think that I am just going to throw in the towel and take a loss on the airfare.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kabuki12 said:

She spoke to a supervisor who found the problem.  The vacation planner did not complete something with the pricing change so the cruises were erroneously booked and pulled from the site.   She needs to change the pricing and will call me back.

My concern is that my cabins are no longer available. I don't know if they resold them or kept them reserved for me.   If they try to put me on another deck I think that I am just going to throw in the towel and take a loss on the airfare.

So glad you got an explanation. The fault is of the CVP. They should make good on this. If your cabin is not open, ask for an upgrade…look now and see what is open and be ready to ask.  Or OBC if your original isn’t available.  It won’t hurt to try.

Did you purchase insurance? CFAR? That would protect your airfare. Most carriers have flexibility on credits and changes.

Depends on the type you purchased.

Hey, good luck and I hope you get to cruise!!

The app has been screwed up for me too. I canceled the 4 day Sapphire 80 theme but kept the 10 day sea of cortez and the app now thinks I am on the 4 day still. Wasn't like this last week but this week its been on a fritz. Everything is fine on princess.com

12 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

So glad you got an explanation. The fault is of the CVP. They should make good on this. If your cabin is not open, ask for an upgrade…look now and see what is open and be ready to ask.  Or OBC if your original isn’t available.  It won’t hurt to try.

Did you purchase insurance? CFAR? That would protect your airfare. Most carriers have flexibility on credits and changes.

Depends on the type you purchased.

Hey, good luck and I hope you get to cruise!!

Good information thank you.  I was never sent confirmation emails so it appears even though these cruises were listed on the website, they were never fully booked.  

I did purchase the princess platinum insurance.  I dont know if that will cover airfare if they rebook the cruise with another cabin as technically they will rebook these cruises and with no email confirmation I have no proof what cabins I have had.

Something is very strange here.  I was told that the vacation planner is aware of the phone call and was going to call me asap.  She has not called me nor has she responded to my emails.   The cancelled cruises remain in my bookings.

I am a new cruiser with one completed cruise.  My impression of Princess is that they are a very sloppy organization with poorly trained representatives.   This is the first time that I have asked to be transferred to a supervisor and was sternly told no.  

Edited by Kabuki12
grammer correction
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Kabuki12 said:

I am a new cruiser with one completed cruise.  My impression of Princess is that they are a very sloppy organization with poorly trained representatives.   This is the first time that I have asked to be transferred to a supervisor and was sternly told no.  

You are not wrong! It hasn't always been this way but with the restart after the Covid shutdown, it's definitely bad. Many of us long time Princess cruises are hoping things get better soon.

Side note: After going through things like what you are, I always make an electronic copy of the Travel Summary. You can save it to a PDF file with headers (that embeds the date and time on every page of the file). My file name includes the date as well. That way if something get goofed up you have definitive evidence of what you should have. I typically save a new summary every couple of weeks.

24 minutes ago, fpsphil said:

The app has been screwed up for me too. I canceled the 4 day Sapphire 80 theme but kept the 10 day sea of cortez and the app now thinks I am on the 4 day still. Wasn't like this last week but this week its been on a fritz. Everything is fine on princess.com

It does take a little while for the cancelled cruises to fall off the App.

Main thing is, the website shows correctly.  If you need to do your DMW or checkin…do it online. Go to the cruise personalizer and click on checkin.

Under the APP symbols there is a tiny blue line that says Try our online version to checkin…

28 minutes ago, Kabuki12 said:

Good information thank you.  I was never sent confirmation emails so it appears even though these cruises were listed on the website, they were never fully booked.  

I did purchase the princess platinum insurance.  I dont know if that will cover airfare if they rebook the cruise with another cabin as technically they will rebook these cruises and with no email confirmation I have no proof what cabins I have had.

Something is very strange here.  I was told that the vacation planner is aware of the phone call and was going to call me asap.  She has not called me nor has she responded to my emails.   The cancelled cruises remain in my bookings.

Believe me, a lot of the cruise lines are suffering shortages of staff, airlines etc. 
I’ve heard complaints all over. I still think Princess will get it together.  Training is a huge issue for sure. No excuses, just the facts.

I tried to call a government number the other day and the wait time was 4 hours. What?

That CVP may be new also and trying to get help re-entering your cruise.  I would leave another message and just ask if she is working on it?  I would want to make sure she DID get the message.

When you book a cruise, always check online to see your cruise booking and if you don’t get an email confirmation, call right away. 

Best of luck.  Let us know how it turns out.

1 hour ago, Kabuki12 said:

Please, let these folks know.

They are the ones who can make a difference, if they care to.

Collin Steinke
Director, Customer Relations
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
csteinke@princesscruises.com

Mario Siebaldi
Senior Vice President Guest Experience
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
msiebaldi@princesscruises.com

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Collin Steinke
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Mario Siebaldi
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355

I'm pretty sure we won't sail Princess again.  Our cruise was canceled 5 times, 2020 and 2021 I get, the three this year are a little much.  The Diamond princess was canceled after final payment and they will not be giving us our money back for 45 days.  None of the cruises on the very limited replacement list would work in our schedule and they would not let us book a different cruise off the list with our FCC. 

Our FCC expire at the end of this year and they won't extend them.

And, they are now saying WE canceled the cruise and will only get 50% of our money back as a FCC that has to be used within a year.

My TA will be arguing with them come Monday, but this is really sloppy on their part!

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 1:04 PM, CineGraphic said:

Collin Steinke
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Mario Siebaldi
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Thanks for the information.   I went around and around with the princess vacation planner when she finally called me back 3 hours later.    She argued with me that I never had cabins booked and that she did email me confirmations.    I asked her to prove it and she put me on hold for 20 minutes, came back and tried to change the subject.  Needless to say, she could not find the emails.   

She than tried to tell me that nobody that was transferred over from the Diamond cancellations got cabins.   I was to wait until boarding to find out where my cabin was but there would be a cabin.  She still adamantly denied that she ever booked specific cabins for me.  

I got angry and told her that I did not believe that all the rescheduled cruisers rebooked with the promise of "you get what we give you and you will find out the day of the cruise".     This would allow them to book out all the nicest rooms and leave the worst unwanted rooms for the rebooked Diamond guests.    I told her that I was going to contact Collin Steinke and Mario Siebaldi.

She than said she would transfer me to customer relations.  After 15 minutes on hold I hung up.  She called me back and said that I was disconnected and to please wait.

I was ready to throw in the towel when I got a great rep.  She not only quickly understood the situation but identified the problem that my original bookings were sold out for the upper deck that I wanted.   She made good on this by offering me a partially obstructed view balcony room on a lower deck and 50 dollars more OBC.   I had an inside room so I thought that this was a very generous offer and accepted it.      

Lesson learned.  Always get an emailed confirmation and check the booking with a fine tooth comb. If a rep dosent know what they are doing promptly hang up and call back in the hopes you will get a competent one.

• Like 1