Ok, I give up...where can I save my credit card information on the Celebrity website or app?

dlh015

I'm assuming this can be done. But customer service was useless on this...keep getting directed to the Pay Balance screen. Rather than pursue this with them and wait on hold again, I thought I would ask here.  (also very long queue for chat...)

My apologies if this has been posted before...

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

We entered it via the Celebrity app under Check-In>Continue to check-in>Travel Info. Item 7 is for onboard expenses.

Hope this helps,

cjr

Thank you...I had expected it to be under the Account icon...silly me 🤪

16 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

We entered it via the Celebrity app under Check-In>Continue to check-in>Travel Info. Item 7 is for onboard expenses.

Hope this helps,

cjr

That works for on board expenses, but I've not seen that work for buying things via the cruise planner before boarding. 

OP, I'm not aware of a way to save that information for the cruise planner. I just ever l enter it each time (with the help of Google).

Yeah, I use Google for that, too.

I guess I have to go to Guest Services when I board to register a credit card for my onboard expenses?

With Princess and Cunard I was able to add a credit card to my account prior to boarding...thought I would be able to do that for X...

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear about what my goal was 😉

• 10 months later...
On 8/19/2022 at 7:05 PM, dlh015 said:

Yeah, I use Google for that, too.

I guess I have to go to Guest Services when I board to register a credit card for my onboard expenses?

With Princess and Cunard I was able to add a credit card to my account prior to boarding...thought I would be able to do that for X...

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear about what my goal was 😉

This can be done online in a browser window (or app).

In a browser, after logging into your account you view your booked cruise, then select under Manage Trip (can select from top right) and this will bring up another view.

image.png.064e7744f501e27ea4bd5a1587af1a45.png

On this view you can see midway down on the right the Check-in option.  My cruise is too far out so it shows unavailable but as you can see on mine below it indicates the date it will open and it is within this check-in process that you can add a credit card for use for everything onboard.  Believe 45 days before sail date is when this is made available online.

image.png.504cf8e4352560a23812aabdfb3491c0.png

The alternative of course is to wait until boarding day which I've never done.  I don't think you will  make it to guest services (on the ship) to do this as this is something done prior to boarding so it would be done at one of the check-in desks in the terminal.

Edited by poffles

1 hour ago, First cruiser x 4 said:

I'm trying to check in on the app but it won't let me add a card in the onboard expenses section and I can't move forward with check-in without adding. 

When my family was checking in (3 staterooms), my son ran into that snag,  where his card wouldn't take,  triple checking the info,  and even trying multiple cards.  I finally had to put my card in,  and it worked.  I don't know what the issue was...

3 minutes ago, mjschutte said:

When my family was checking in (3 staterooms), my son ran into that snag,  where his card wouldn't take,  triple checking the info,  and even trying multiple cards.  I finally had to put my card in,  and it worked.  I don't know what the issue was...

I just did it on my son's iPhone easily. On my Samsung there was nowhere to enter the details....the whole section was missing. However I think he is now logged in as me. Oh well. 

2 hours ago, First cruiser x 4 said:

I just did it on my son's iPhone easily. On my Samsung there was nowhere to enter the details....the whole section was missing. However I think he is now logged in as me. Oh well. 

If your credit card is currently  listed under your son's name, it is unlikely that you will be able to enter that same card under your own name.  I do check-in for Celebrity, and almost every cruise day we see a credit card listed under a child's name paying for the entire family's on board expenses.  I think what happens is that whoever is entering the family info, realized at the end (usually at the youngest kid), that a credit card is needed, and they just enter the parent/adult's credit card while under the child's name and assume it's all good.  It's easily fixed at the counter.

20 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

If your credit card is currently  listed under your son's name, it is unlikely that you will be able to enter that same card under your own name.  I do check-in for Celebrity, and almost every cruise day we see a credit card listed under a child's name paying for the entire family's on board expenses.  I think what happens is that whoever is entering the family info, realized at the end (usually at the youngest kid), that a credit card is needed, and they just enter the parent/adult's credit card while under the child's name and assume it's all good.  It's easily fixed at the counter.

Thanks. The problem is that there is no place to enter any credit card details on my phone - it was pretty much a blank screen. When I logged in using my details on the iPhone, there were boxes to enter the details.

Generally the ability to enter Credit Card is only available in the App once on-line CheckIn begins.  The app will give you the exact date.

Having said that I find that at least in my case my Credit Card is stored (possibly from the reservation).   When I go to purchase anything -  excursions, dining etc it is always there and have accidentally not put in the amount to be used from OBC and had it charge my credit card.   I then have to go back and cancel and rebook correctly.

After you select an Item to purchase or book go to Check Out Basket -   At the very bottom - it shows my CC and asks for the CVV (since I haven't used it on this sailing).   It also has a spot to delete or change the credit card number. 

image.png