Water: Carbonated allowed?

glutenhab

56 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

You can’t bring it on anymore.

Yes you can, but can it be carbonated? That is the simple question I am asking.

Holland America Beverage Policies

Also effective June 2021, no non-alcoholic beverages will be permitted on the day of embarkation EXCEPT water in cans or cartons (absolutely no plastic bottles) at a limit of six liters per stateroom (i.e. 12 cans or cartons 500 ml or less) or 6 cans or cartons 1 liter or less).Oct 28, 2021

1 minute ago, glutenhab said:

Yes you can, but can it be carbonated? That is the simple question I am asking.

Holland America Beverage Policies

Also effective June 2021, no non-alcoholic beverages will be permitted on the day of embarkation EXCEPT water in cans or cartons (absolutely no plastic bottles) at a limit of six liters per stateroom (i.e. 12 cans or cartons 500 ml or less) or 6 cans or cartons 1 liter or less).Oct 28, 2021

Pardon me, yes canned water.  As far as I can tell you can’t bring carbonated water as it’s like soda. I think you are better off calling hal.   The thing is hal says one thing, a lot of the time the ships don’t enforce it but you have to be prepared if they do.  Let us know what they say.  I love bubly but I assumed that was not allowed.

4 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Pardon me, yes canned water.  As far as I can tell you can’t bring carbonated water as it’s like soda. I think you are better off calling hal.   The thing is hal says one thing, a lot of the time the ships don’t enforce it but you have to be prepared if they do.  Let us know what they say.  I love bubly but I assumed that was not allowed.

We were allowed to bring on a 12 pack of La Croix canned sparkling water. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Pardon me, yes canned water.

Water is water!  It is not 'soda'.  I see no reason that it would not be permitted, specially if it is a well known brand such as Perrier.  The 'regulations' state 'water in cans or cartons' and if you can get Perrier or similar in cans, then why not?

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Water is water!  It is not 'soda'.  I see no reason that it would not be permitted, specially if it is a well known brand such as Perrier.  The 'regulations' state 'water in cans or cartons' and if you can get Perrier or similar in cans, then why not?

I’m not willing to lug something that may be denied.  If you get bubly it’s flavoured so not quite water is water thing.  Perrier is very common in cans here.  When I’ve shopped a couple places in Florida I’ve only seen bottles.  I haven’t shopped everywhere in Florida before I get told I’m wrong.  If someone is able to take Perrier or bubly on I’d like to hear if it was acceptable.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’m not willing to lug something that may be denied.  If you get bubly it’s flavoured so not quite water is water thing.  Perrier is very common in cans here.  When I’ve shopped a couple places in Florida I’ve only seen bottles.  I haven’t shopped everywhere in Florida before I get told I’m wrong.  If someone is able to take Perrier or bubly on I’d like to hear if it was acceptable.

La Croix is flavored.  I am interested to hear also.  

6 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

We were allowed to bring on a 12 pack of La Croix canned sparkling water. 

Thank you!  I hope that is an acceptable thing and not just a slipped through the cracks thing.  I brought one plastic bottle of water on with me the last couple of cruises.  No one said a word.  I remember seeing a picture that someone posted on here of a crew member carrying several bottles of water back to the ship from a port so what corporate saying and real life can be different.

6 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Thank you!  I hope that is an acceptable thing and not just a slipped through the cracks thing.  I brought one plastic bottle of water on with me the last couple of cruises.  No one said a word.  I remember seeing a picture that someone posted on here of a crew member carrying several bottles of water back to the ship from a port so what corporate saying and real life can be different.

I posted a picture similar during a port call in June in Europe.  I also brought plastic bottles of water onboard at a port call in Greece.   

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I remember seeing a picture that someone posted on here of a crew member carrying several bottles of water back to the ship from a port so what corporate saying and real life can be different.

Problem solved. Instead of being a passenger and following the rules set for passengers, sign on as a crew.

• Like 1

Just now, glutenhab said:

Seems like I’ve really opened a “can of W..ater” here.

This person really likes her Perrier. 😉 Since I only drink alcoholic beverages sparingly the package is not worth it.   

9 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

This person really likes her Perrier. 😉 Since I only drink alcoholic beverages sparingly the package is not worth it.   

I love a flavoured water for sure.  That’s my go to more than alcohol.  I rarely drink other than vacations because I don’t care to.  For my next cruise I did the $50 buy up per day for have it all. After I backed out the other “freebies”,  my break even was 3 drinks per day.  It will save me from buying a wine package and I’ll usually have 2 alcohol drinks with supper.  I enjoy a virgin Caesar some days.  Hal makes the best tasting Caesar anywhere I’ve had one so for me it’s worth it.  Any more money than $50 probably not.

23 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I love a flavoured water for sure.  That’s my go to more than alcohol.  I rarely drink other than vacations because I don’t care to.  For my next cruise I did the $50 buy up per day for have it all. After I backed out the other “freebies”,  my break even was 3 drinks per day.  It will save me from buying a wine package and I’ll usually have 2 alcohol drinks with supper.  I enjoy a virgin Caesar some days.  Hal makes the best tasting Caesar anywhere I’ve had one so for me it’s worth it.  Any more money than $50 probably not.

Yes, sometimes it can work out.  My last cruise with my sis and I were offered such a low rate I even broke even only drinking Perrier.  I have not tried any of the mock tails.  I may have to try that next outing. What exactly is a Caesar?

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Yes, sometimes it can work out.  My last cruise with my sis and I were offered such a low rate I even broke even only drinking Perrier.  I have not tried any of the mock tails.  I may have to try that next outing. What exactly is a Caesar?

It’s the Canadian version of a Bloody Mary made with Clamato.  I know some are grossed out by the thought of clams.  I’m not a clam fan but the Clamato is really good.  I don’t find it clam-y 😛.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Like 1