Saint Greg's New York City and Magic to Bermuda - Live - August 27-September 5 2022

Saint Greg

9 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Hmmm, we did get a whole pie.  I bet there's a place nearby that sells by the slice.  I wish Famous Rays was still open in Greenwich Village.  Awesome slice of cheesy goodness, especially at 1:00am!

Oh yeah a bunch of places sell it by the slice there. That’s the one place on my list that doesn’t. So if I don’t go there, that’ll be a big part of why.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Katz is on the must list.

My wife and I took a city tour, and the lunch stop was Katz’s Deli.   On my own, I would not have previously stopped there.  After having the pastrami sandwich, I would never hesitate to stop there again.

• Like 5

I started working on this tonight. I wanted something where I could look at where I’m at and see everything I want to see in that area as well as the nearby food places from my list. The food is in red. I think I may change the breakfast and dessert places to different colors. And I think I want to add in my coffee places and my rooftop bars.

97833FD6-C150-4419-AB23-6E75BEDD9CB0.thumb.jpeg.59d66b7962ce17e930c2095cf3f1d8ce.jpeg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I started working on this tonight. I wanted something where I could look at where I’m at and see everything I want to see in that area as well as the nearby food places from my list. The food is in red. I think I may change the breakfast and dessert places to different colors. And I think I want to add in my coffee places and my rooftop bars.

97833FD6-C150-4419-AB23-6E75BEDD9CB0.thumb.jpeg.59d66b7962ce17e930c2095cf3f1d8ce.jpeg

What is blue number 1?  Looks a little north for Tavern on the Green.

10 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

10 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Holy crap!   What did you use to do this?

Ever been to NYC before?

Edited by jimbo5544

16 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Oh yeah a bunch of places sell it by the slice there. That’s the one place on my list that doesn’t. So if I don’t go there, that’ll be a big part of why.

OK Frankie, one bite everybody knows the rules……

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Holy crap!   What did you use to do this?

Ever been to NYC before?

First time to New York.

It's an app called Wanderlog. There's a pay version but I'm just using the free one. It says you can export to google maps. I think google owns it. The map looks just like google. But you can plan every step of your trip in this app.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

First time to New York.

It's an app called Wanderlog. There's a pay version but I'm just using the free one. It says you can export to google maps. I think google owns it. The map looks just like google. But you can plan every step of your trip in this app.

Pretty cool

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to your review Greg.

I have seen all those shows and out of the 3, Wicked was by far my favorite!  (NY born and bred)

As MJ stated, be very careful walking around the city.  Try not to look like a tourist!!

Have a fabulous time!!

Edited by hapytobehr
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, hapytobehr said:

As MJ stated, be very careful walking around the city.  Try not to look like a tourist!!

Have a fabulous time!!

I'll leave the I ♥️ NY shirt and my rand mcnally atlas at home.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 14

This was nice to see in the inbox this morning.

Have Mets surpassed Yankees as premier team in New York?

“If you just look at these two organizations, I think what a lot of Yankee fans aren’t coming to terms with or accepting is the fact that, in my opinion, as it stands right now the Mets are just a better-run organization,” Ryan said, 1:23 in player above). “It happened so drastically with the sale of the team and Steve Cohen coming in, but now you have the Mets with an owner who’s willing to spend every dollar to put a winner on the field. And you see that with the Scherzer contract, extending Lindor – who has silenced his critics as of late, he’s been unbelievable.”

https://www.audacy.com/national/sports/have-mets-surpassed-yankees-as-premier-mlb-team-in-new-york?utm_source=RDC&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=RDC MLB - Baseball&utm_content=Audacy_MLB _Newsletter&mi_u=209603&mi_ecmp=Audacy_MLB _Newsletter

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

It’s just Central Park.

Things to look out for at Central Perk.

People digging holes late at night.

A bald, stocky guy wearing a high school letterman's jacket and driving his dad's classic Chevy.

A white van that may be rocking, DO NOT enter.

• Haha 6