Medallion vs using web

Mrgoodbar

Hi, I cannot input info thru either option.  Both say booking number claimed.  We sail in the spring in a full suite so just wondering if I am trying to soon?  Speciality dining let’s me get as putting in cc info before it tells me sorry problem occurred.  Help!

You should be able to input  information into the app as soon as you have a booking.  Dining reservations can be made after final payment ( or as soon as booking is made if you are Elite).

For assistance you can contact the ocean medallion team at 

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com 

include your name, DOB, Date of sailing and the device you are trying to access. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrgoodbar said:

Hi, I cannot input info thru either option.  Both say booking number claimed.  We sail in the spring in a full suite so just wondering if I am trying to soon?  Speciality dining let’s me get as putting in cc info before it tells me sorry problem occurred.  Help!

Do you see your booking on the Princess website?  
Who did you book it with?  Princess or a Travel agent?

Go through your website booking and make sure everything is correct. You should be using your email and password to sign in.  Don’t use the booking number, use your email and password instead.

Check your phone, address etc on the website.

If you still have problems signing in, then I would call your Travel agent for help or Princess if you booked with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrgoodbar said:

You’re in a full suite, you should be able to access the DMW for specialty dining.

You won’t book your regular dining room, because you will automatically have Club Class dining.  You also have priority dining reservations for the specialty restaurants.  So, don’t worry, as soon as you meet your concierge, you can request specialty dining with him/her. They will make it happen.

Make sure your booking is correct and you are able to sign in, then try again the SD.

• Like 1

My info is correct but when I try to complete booking in web version a stranger's name and birthdate appear. This has been reported several times but not yet corrected. My husband was not able to input using his account and it was discovered that his middle name had been used in place of his surname . This was corrected but now he cannot input an upcoming Nov cruise. It automatically brings up a booking for 2024. IT is aware but nothing has changed for several weeks. I finally gave up and called the " Ocean folks " and made dining reservations. 

1 minute ago, maggie777 said:

My info is correct but when I try to complete booking in web version a stranger's name and birthdate appear. This has been reported several times but not yet corrected. My husband was not able to input using his account and it was discovered that his middle name had been used in place of his surname . This was corrected but now he cannot input an upcoming Nov cruise. It automatically brings up a booking for 2024. IT is aware but nothing has changed for several weeks. I finally gave up and called the " Ocean folks " and made dining reservations. 

It may be time to report this to the top.

It sounds like you have a corrupt data and your booking should be corrected.

I would email, with the details and booking nos, and explain all the time you've tried to get this corrected. 

JSwartz@princesscruises.com

and copy those below:

Director, Customer Relations
csteinke@princesscruises.com

Senior Vice President Guest Experience
msiebaldi@princesscruises.com

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maggie777 said:

I am having the same issue as you. It also came up with a stranger's name and birth date.  My sailing is in 2 months.  This April when I did the Transatlantic cruise, I had the same problem with the web version.  Couldn't get the Green lane status.  So I said just forget it.  Show up at the pier, went to the Elite lane (I am elite) and as soon as the Elite lane opened up, I was allowed to go it and check-in immediately.  Nobody cares to check my "lane" status.   

2 hours ago, Mrgoodbar said:

Hi, I cannot input info thru either option.  Both say booking number claimed.  We sail in the spring in a full suite so just wondering if I am trying to soon?  Specialty dining let’s me get as putting in cc info before it tells me sorry problem occurred.  Help!

Do not try to link a booking number.  Simply login with your email id & pswd.  If that isn't working, then enter Booking Number, Name and Birthdate and that should get you in (unless your data is corrupted).

Once in, review the OCEAN Ready section and complete the Personal Information and Documents section. 

NO you are not too soon.  It takes a day or two for a booking to sync up in MC App, and then you should have access.  Same thing applies if using the Web version - login with email & pswd or Booking Number/Name/Birthdate.  Never attempt to Link a Booking.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Do not try to link a booking number.  Simply login with your email id & pswd.  If that isn't working, then enter Booking Number, Name and Birthdate and that should get you in (unless your data is corrupted).

Once in, review the OCEAN Ready section and complete the Personal Information and Documents section. 

NO you are not too soon.  It takes a day or two for a booking to sync up in MC App, and then you should have access.  Same thing applies if using the Web version - login with email & pswd or Booking Number/Name/Birthdate.  Never attempt to Link a Booking.

I did successfully log in with my email and password.  Then went to "manage my booking" for my October cruise, then chose "web version".  The next screen that showed up has my name, and birthdate, and asked for me to put in my booking number.  So, I filled in my booking number, and the message "this booking number has already been claimed" showed up.  Then I went to the lower part of that page, put in my id and password, then the next screen showed up with a stranger's name and birthdate (not mine).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shelly97060 said:

You should be able to input  information into the app as soon as you have a booking.  Dining reservations can be made after final payment ( or as soon as booking is made if you are Elite).

For assistance you can contact the ocean medallion team at 

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com 

include your name, DOB, Date of sailing and the device you are trying to access. 

Just glanced at your post again, since you are in a suite you won’t need to make main dining room reservations because you will have Club Class dining.  Sorry I missed that in my initial reply.

22 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

I did successfully log in with my email and password.  Then went to "manage my booking" for my October cruise, then chose "web version".  The next screen that showed up has my name, and birthdate, and asked for me to put in my booking number.  So, I filled in my booking number, and the message "this booking number has already been claimed" showed up.  Then I went to the lower part of that page, put in my id and password, then the next screen showed up with a stranger's name and birthdate (not mine).

So, it does appear to be data corruption.  Seems odd to see two different things between MC App and the Web version of Ocean Ready section of MC App.

Where did it ask you to enter your booking number?  In the Web version, when you click on Use My Booking Number to login, then did you try removing incorrect name and birthdate entries and re-type as your own?  These are editable fields, so I am thinking you could change the info.  (I never see those fields auto-populated on my PC.  But I can click in each one and Windows offers me entries I can click on.  Suggest you just type in your name, etc.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

This image.png.e954af4d37a4f48e62136fb30c18f3a3.png

I don't know why they even have that stupid "link a booking" because it just causes problems and confusion. I know it never worked for me. I log in with my normal Princess information.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

So, it does appear to be data corruption.  Seems odd to see two different things between MC App and the Web version of Ocean Ready section of MC App.

Where did it ask you to enter your booking number?  In the Web version, when you click on Use My Booking Number to login, then did you try removing incorrect name and birthdate entries and re-type as your own?  These are editable fields, so I am thinking you could change the info.  (I never see those fields auto-populated on my PC.  But I can click in each one and Windows offers me entries I can click on.  Suggest you just type in your name, etc.

As described in post #5 stranger's name and birthdate appear .I am unable to delete and input correct info.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I am unable to delete and input the correct information.  Tried everything that I can think of.  

6 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

I am unable to delete and input the correct information.  Tried everything that I can think of.  

Have you been tried changing your password on your Princess account?

Sign out of the app and go into your princess account and change your password. Then sign in to the App with your new password. Let me know if that does anything? 

Does it do anything on the website either?

Edited by PacnGoNow

8 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Sign out of the app and go into your princess account and change your password. Then sign in to the App with your new password. Let me know if that does anything? 

I have an older phone and can't load the app.  So I am using the web version.  I decided to give up trying.  I will just bring all my paperwork and do it at the port (that was what I did on my April cruise and the process at the port was very fast).  I am elite and can wait in the elite line, which will be the first group to be allowed to check-in).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I did everything on the web page but had to get there through our booking number. Princess says our e-mail is in use and when I ask for new password they haven't sent it to our e-mail. Have attempted several time a week over the last two weeks. They also haven't responded to e-mails sent to tech support? Any other options to get our e-mail log in back? Will anything I put through our booking log in be valid or was all that work a waste?

Thanks as always for any answer. OP please let us know how you make out.

4 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

I did everything on the web page but had to get there through our booking number. Princess says our e-mail is in use and when I ask for new password they haven't sent it to our e-mail. Have attempted several time a week over the last two weeks. They also haven't responded to e-mails sent to tech support? Any other options to get our e-mail log in back? Will anything I put through our booking log in be valid or was all that work a waste?

Thanks as always for any answer. OP please let us know how you make out.

You should be okay through your booking number. Definitely a data corruption.

I would not waste time on emails, as they are not answering them efficiently anymore to my knowledge.

I would call the PCL phone, pick the option… Help with Medallion App team!

I would explain in details how long this has been going on.

They have had a call back option while waiting on hold in the past 2 weeks. 

LMK the outcome.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maggie777 said:

As described in post #5 stranger's name and birthdate appear .I am unable to delete and input correct info.

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

Sorry, not sure what to advise in this situation.  Seems a very strange problem to have in that system.

Talked with the app tech dept and they don’t know why my booking number shows claimed and couldn’t fix whatever problem was causing the issue.  They suggested to use the web version to fill in the info.  Well…logged into my Princess and went to web version and the first screen that comes up is the same sign in screen and it says the same, booking claimed.  So much for the app and web version.  I just hope I can print out luggage tags when the time comes and take let the check in a the pier do the rest.

4 hours ago, Mrgoodbar said:

Talked with the app tech dept and they don’t know why my booking number shows claimed and couldn’t fix whatever problem was causing the issue.  They suggested to use the web version to fill in the info.  Well…logged into my Princess and went to web version and the first screen that comes up is the same sign in screen and it says the same, booking claimed.  So much for the app and web version.  I just hope I can print out luggage tags when the time comes and take let the check in a the pier do the rest.

That wasn’t very helpful.  About 1-2 mos ago, they had a problem with sign on errors and it may have affected you.

Did this data corruption happen immediately after you made the booking, or later on?

Can you get into your account to change your password on the website?  

43 minutes ago, Mrgoodbar said:

I have never been able to access booking thru the app or web version.  I have tried changing password but still only get booking claimed.

I don't think anyone knows what may be the root cause(s) of the more recent access issues and data corruption issues.  Only thing I have thought of is they would be messing in the system to make changes for the new cabin upgrade bidding system.  A friend of mine has been corrupted for two weeks now and Princess charged their credit card for over $500 when they were fully paid for the cruise.  And then agents don't know enough to help and argue about the funds.  My friend has not been successful in getting a learned PCL rep OTP as yet.  Now her TA is involved since TA applied payments and knows about the FCC which is supposedly "missing".  No doubt it will get sorted out, but the fact she is unpaid has ruined DMW reservations.  Why would such issues come out of left field when everything was good and humming along awaiting sail date?  Has to be them doing some actions.  As I understand it some code changes were moved to Production and had to be retracted, but could have caused a lot of damage in the meantime.