A cruise compass suggestion

coaster

Getting harder and harder to find a printed cruise compass. Hit or miss if Guest Services will give you one. Royal  still deliver lots of things to your cabin on paper regarding onboard shops and such. Cruise compass seems to be the exception. Taking an old phone this time onboard without cell service. If we lose it, not a big deal. Thought about a cheap tablet, but too big. Going to lock our current phones in the safe like in the past. DW left her's by the pool last year and luckily someone turned it in. She only had it to look at the online compass.

17 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Just ask you room steward and he will make sure you have one. 

We did and it worked. Reading more recent posts that is not going to be an option soon. Just preparing myself as knowing my luck we will be on a cruise where the paper option has gone bye bye...

Edited by coaster

Just now, Broons77 said:

Don't understand why they just don't make it available via a pdf download in the app each day.

That makes so much sense! Download it once each day and no need to reconnect to wifi  later on.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

Don't understand why they just don't make it available via a pdf download in the app each day.

Because the Royal App is designed by someone who learned programming in the 90's. Daily Compass, Restaurant menus are designed by someone with no clue on what a proper user interface should do and look like. 

Here's a compass and menu from on the competition's App. A digital replica of the hardcopy left in your stateroom. 

image.thumb.png.5d27681af9acd5ac759ee9e942a227b5.png

image.thumb.png.4e36f8b20d439b30e3eb2746405663ea.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BirdTravels said:

Here's a compass and menu from the competition. A digital replica of the hardcopy left in your stateroom. 

Yep, I cruised with them in May and got a copy each night and it was easy to navigate in the app.  Definitely had it all over the Royal (cr)app.

I'd imagine they'll get there with their IT stuff... Eventually.  Until then I'll be asking my steward for one for as long as it's allowed.

Just cruised on Harmony last week- when we met our cabin attendant, I mentioned wanting paper Compasses if possible (since I had read on here that they weren't giving them regularly) and his response indicated that it was the norm and of course we would have them daily.  They were also at guest services daily as well.

• Thanks 1

I have cruised on Freedom and Harmony in the last few weeks and there was minimal paper provided in the cabin. We never received a hard copy of the Compass or hard copies of upcoming art auctions, tee shirt sales, etc. The only paperwork we received on the cabin was a special invitation to  to an event  for Diamond plus passengers or higher.  

11 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have cruised on Freedom and Harmony in the last few weeks and there was minimal paper provided in the cabin. We never received a hard copy of the Compass or hard copies of upcoming art auctions, tee shirt sales, etc. The only paperwork we received on the cabin was a special invitation to  to an event  for Diamond plus passengers or higher.  

What???  No art auction schedules?  Say it ain't so!  🤣

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, coaster said:

Royal  still deliver lots of things to your cabin on paper regarding onboard shops and such. Cruise compass seems to be the exception.

I disagree with this statement.  I have rarely gotten printed sales sheets since the restart.  

I get my Crown and Anchor welcome letter from the Loyalty Ambassador and a welcome letter from the Diamond Concierge on the first day, and an invitation to the Top Tier event, but not endless sales flyers. 

53 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I disagree with this statement.  I have rarely gotten printed sales sheets since the restart.  

I get my Crown and Anchor welcome letter from the Loyalty Ambassador and a welcome letter from the Diamond Concierge on the first day, and an invitation to the Top Tier event, but not endless sales flyers. 

We disembarked Wonder yesterday and this is exactly what we found.

The endless sales flyers certainly aren’t needed by us a good miss.

• Like 2