Theatre Drinks

laslomas

On my cruises since the restart after lockdown there was no drink service in the theatre. I quite understand the reasons why this was the new norm and there were long queues at the nearest bars to get a drink to take in. But with cruising returning to normal I wonder if the drink service in the theatre has returned. Can anyone on board now advise on this please. Most specifically on the Silhouette as I will be on board again soon. Thanks.

Edited by laslomas

No drink service on our sailing last November on the Edge, but our Retreat Host offered to get us drinks. We declined and was humbled by this kind offer & unexpected service. 

However, a lot of folks carried in their own drinks. One guest spilled his whole drink onto the guest in the in the next row below. Who was not happy. 

There has been drink service before the show on Summit, Millennium, and Reflection on our sailings over the last year or so. Our Retreat Host did offer to bring us drinks on one of those occasions, but there also were bar servers even then. 

Thanks for all the responses. It seems a bit hit or miss at the moment then. 😕

I sailed on Silhouette twice last year, and Reflection earlier this year, and on those sailings there was no drinks service in the theatre. I hope the lack of this service, still reported by some above, is only temporary. I loved being able to order a drink whilst settled in my theatre seat, but then it is the little things that please me. 🍸🍷

Whilst we have found drink service on entering the theater, we have always brought our drinks in because service stops when the show starts and we often had not received our beverage.  That is not likely to ever change.

Really not hard to bring a drink from another venue.

Summit is sailing full today.  Service is sometimes difficult, but staff are doing their very best.  One simply needs to be a bit flexible.  Most on board are and are enjoying themselves.   A few are not. . . .