Free Drinks, WI FI and Tips-Newbie

cruisekitty22

8 minutes ago, cruisekitty22 said:

Are these still being offered for a cruise in December 2023?  Free drinks, Wi-fi and tips?  Are these three things always on any Celebrity cruises?  Newbie here.

Depends on the cabin class you choose - Suites and Aqua Class includes drinks, tips and wifi as standard. All other categories now show as “cruise only” rate so nothing extra included but you should have an option to go “all included” at a higher rate.

check out the celebrity website, choose your sailing date and ship and required category and you should get two pricing options - that’s what happens and shows on the UK website anyway, not sure if different on US website ??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, barneymag said:

Depends on the cabin class you choose - Suites and Aqua Class includes drinks, tips and wifi as standard. All other categories now show as “cruise only” rate so nothing extra included but you should have an option to go “all included” at a higher rate.

check out the celebrity website, choose your sailing date and ship and required category and you should get two pricing options - that’s what happens and shows on the UK website anyway, not sure if different on US website ??

That's how it works on the US site, as well. 

4 hours ago, barneymag said:

I think all included now is just basic internet and classic drink .. the last cruise i booked they had that plus the Elevate package .that has now gone . I guess you would have to upgrade internet and drinks seperate if you need it 

15 minutes ago, tonyinoc said:

I think all included now is just basic internet and classic drink .. the last cruise i booked they had that plus the Elevate package .that has now gone . I guess you would have to upgrade internet and drinks seperate if you need it 

Nope. Booked a cruise on 13 August and selected AI which still includes CBP, Gratuities and Wi-Fi.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, davekathy said:

Nope. Booked a cruise on 13 August and selected AI which still includes CBP, Gratuities and Wi-Fi.  

Elevate package was Premium drinks. Streaming WIFI and Gratuities. , The All including is Classic drinks , basic WIFI and Gratuities.   if you want to do anything with WIFI other then check your emails and basic text you would have to pay to upgrade to the Streaming  Package , So like I said Elevate package has gone 🙂

5 minutes ago, tonyinoc said:

Elevate package was Premium drinks. Streaming WIFI and Gratuities. , The All including is Classic drinks , basic WIFI and Gratuities.   if you want to do anything with WIFI other then check your emails and basic text you would have to pay to upgrade to the Streaming  Package , So like I said Elevate package has gone 🙂

I have Elevate on my upcoming cruise and while it does have the upgrade to Premium beverage it still says the wifi is the basic package. You might want to check your details. We got obc with elevate, perhaps they’re now subbing that for the upgraded wifi?🤷‍♀️

21 minutes ago, tonyinoc said:

Go back to post #5 and read what I highlighted in red that you said. That's what I was commenting on. Nothing to do with the elevate package.   

We don't even come close to using all our CC internet minutes. Wi-FI is useless to us as we stay disconnected other the last day to do airline check in.  Like the CBP and gratuities. 

Edited by davekathy

We're cruising with friends soon who just bought a cruise-only fare, while we are all-inclusive (only option when we booked months ago). We'd like to swap cabins and packages, as we don't drink. Anyone done this or even think this is possible ? 

1 minute ago, Cruiser6270 said:

We're cruising with friends soon who just bought a cruise-only fare, while we are all-inclusive (only option when we booked months ago). We'd like to swap cabins and packages, as we don't drink. Anyone done this or even think this is possible ? 

How soon are you cruising?  You might be able to just remove the AI package from your booking (and they could add it to theirs).

You might want to do a little arithmetic and value assessment before you get rid of the AI package.  Once you back out the a la carte cost of gratuities and wifi, you'll likely find that the beverage package is very inexpensive.  If you are going to drink anything other than tap water and the limited selection of beverages available in the buffet and restaurants, you're probably better off keeping the package.

There have even been some recent examples where the AI package was -less- than gratuities and wifi, so the beverage package actually had a negative cost when compared to a la carte pricing.

36 minutes ago, Cruiser6270 said:

You cannot do either of those things. You would have to rebook at prevailing rates for today's Cruise Only price. 

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

You cannot do either of those things. You would have to rebook at prevailing rates for today's Cruise Only price. 

Pity given you could informally swap everything other than the drinks package. Both paid the balance, so too late to do anything about it. Might ask when on board. 

2 hours ago, DCPIV said:

How soon are you cruising?  You might be able to just remove the AI package from your booking (and they could add it to theirs).

You might want to do a little arithmetic and value assessment before you get rid of the AI package.  Once you back out the a la carte cost of gratuities and wifi, you'll likely find that the beverage package is very inexpensive.  If you are going to drink anything other than tap water and the limited selection of beverages available in the buffet and restaurants, you're probably better off keeping the package.

There have even been some recent examples where the AI package was -less- than gratuities and wifi, so the beverage package actually had a negative cost when compared to a la carte pricing.

Exactly, it pays to do the simple math. 

4 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I have Elevate on my upcoming cruise and while it does have the upgrade to Premium beverage it still says the wifi is the basic package. You might want to check your details. We got obc with elevate, perhaps they’re now subbing that for the upgraded wifi?🤷‍♀️

I checked I did not get the basic package got the streaming 

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Exactly, it pays to do the simple math. 

Sometimes, only sometimes, it pays to do Celebrity math instead of simple math.

I just got off the phone with Celebrity because I wanted to ask how much the upgrade will be from the Classic drinks package I have as part of Always Included booked months ago.

I'd already logged into my account and it was showing the full prices/special offer prices (currently 9% off) of Classic and Premium (per person, per day). 

Classic - £63.84 

Premium - £77.71

In my head, I figured the upgrade price would be the difference between the two multiplied by 11 nights (£13.87 x 11 = £152.57). My Captains Club is Classic so I should get 10% off bringing it to £137.31.

She told me it would be £111.76. I didn't ask why. I didn't second guess her. I just said ok fine, and paid for it!

After I'd paid I asked what it would be for two of my friends. We're all on the same reservation, same room category, same Always Included... but they aren't Captains Club members....£148.72. 

I cannot for the life of me figure out why mine was £112 and my friends would be £149, but I wasn't going to complain!

4 hours ago, tonyinoc said:

4 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

When I booked back in late June, the Elevate had the upgrade to premium beverage, but basic wifi. The Indulge package had the upgrade to both, plus extra OBC on top of the OBC granted by Elevate.

6 hours ago, RedIguana said:

When I booked back in late June, the Elevate had the upgrade to premium beverage, but basic wifi. The Indulge package had the upgrade to both, plus extra OBC on top of the OBC granted by Elevate.

Yes, that’s what I thought…perhaps the poster has the Indulge package and not Elevate. 

Edited by Barwick Cruiser