Anyone Have Email Addresses for COVID Canceled Cruise Refunds?

Our oldest daughter & husband were unable to cruise with us back in June due to testing COVID positive.  At that time, RCCL was refunding 100%.  When we checked in, their cabin had been removed from the the total of our six family cabins.  Everything seemed to have been handled correctly.  But here we are, 10 weeks later, and no refunds of their cruise cabin or their prepaid gratuities.  I have now been on hold with RCCL for 1 hour and 15 minutes, waiting on a rep to help me.  I did speak to one through the Crown & Anchor Society, who said he couldn’t help and transferred me to this “dark hole.”  There has to be a better way.  Who can I email at RCCL to research this and get it taken care of?

I think your best bet would be to try talking to a rep again.  Emails tend to go into outer space.  Try calling later in the week and not first thing in the morning.  I've never had a problem getting thru to a rep as long as it's not Monday morning.

• Thanks 1

In case anyone winds up in our situation, here’s what happened when I called . . . 
I dialed the Crown & Anchor customer service line and pretty quickly had a representative on the phone.  I explained what I needed and he told me that I would have to speak with the “past cruises” department and he would transfer me.  The on-hold system told me that my estimated wait time was twenty minutes, which I thought would be fine.  One hour and fifty-five minutes later an actual human answers the line and I tell him that we are still waiting on our oldest daughter’s & son-in-law’s pre-paid gratuities refund and their cabin fare refund.  I never could understand the rep’s name, but he definitely needs more training.  He asks me for their booking number, which I provide, then he tells me that he sees that a Deluxe Beverage Package refund had been issued and did I not receive it.  I asked him to repeat what he had asked me, because certainly I had misunderstood.  Nope, he was clearly asking me about something I had not called about.  I told him that the refund for the Deluxe Beverage Package had occurred and that I was NOT calling about that, but the prepaid gratuities and actual cabin fare.  The rep then asks for my “agency number.”  I explained that I did not have an agency number, and that I had called the Crown & Anchor phone line and was transferred out.  The rep rudely tells me that he will try and help me, but he isn’t sure if he can.  (THIS, after being on hold for almost two hours.). I tell him AGAIN what two items have still not been refunded from our cruise ten weeks before, and he puts me on hold to research.  He returns to tell me that I need to provide him the exact dollar amount.  Luckily, I had this information in front of me, but I almost lost my mind that I was the one needing to provide the detail on money RCCL was NOT refunding.  I was placed on hold, again, and the rep returned to tell me that I would need to provide the credit card number that was on file in order for him to process the refund.  Again, I was ready to lose my mind, because RCCL obviously knows which credit card number.  I gave him the card number for the prepaid gratuities, but the cruise fare, port & taxes are on a card that is not in my name, so he would not process that refund.  ARE YOU FREAKIN’ KIDDING ME?!?!   Now, the owner of the other credit card (my sibling; not in my household) has to make the same call as I did.  RIDICULOUS!!!

I will give RCCL one more round of credit card statements, and after that, CHASE VISA is going to need to dispute with them, because this is insane.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MississippiMom said:

Now, the owner of the other credit card (my sibling; not in my household) has to make the same call as I did.  RIDICULOUS!!!

That has been standard practice for RCI, but if you have the info you can just pretend to be the sibling. 

My wife is a TA, she has spent days on the phone with RCL on various Covid things. I don't think they even know what is going on. Even on our personal cancelled cruises it's a good thing we are Pinnacle, or it would have been much harder. Good luck

On 8/23/2022 at 9:33 AM, Biker19 said:

That has been standard practice for RCI, but if you have the info you can just pretend to be the sibling. 

That standard practice is insane.  Every retail establishment I go to can handle refunding right back to a credit card with no problem.  Yes, I understand that RCCL is just trying to hold on to money for as long as they can, but that does not make it right to the traveler that cannot get on the ship due to COVID.

My sibling is of a different gender than me, we have different last names, and we live in two different states, so "pretending" was out of the question in this particular scenario.

On 8/25/2022 at 10:32 PM, FOXTROT said:

My wife is a TA, she has spent days on the phone with RCL on various Covid things. I don't think they even know what is going on. Even on our personal cancelled cruises it's a good thing we are Pinnacle, or it would have been much harder. Good luck

I realize that not every phone rep is the same, but I definitely felt like the guy I spoke with fell in the "doesn't know what's going on" category.