Slight Different Itinerary Than Booked

cruiseny4life

Well our itinerary is now just slightly different (read totally different) than when we booked. Oh well, I suppose the Mayan ruins can wait for another time. Off to the Eastern Caribbean we go! This is the April 30th sailing from Miami on NCL Escape. I wonder when the website will be updated with the new itinerary: https://www.ncl.com/cruises/7-day-caribbean-round-trip-miami-harvest-caye-cozumel-and-roatan-ESCAPE7MIARTBBPICMACZMMIA?sailMonths=4294934049&ships=4294959336&numberOfGuests=4294953449&sortBy=featured&autoPopulate=f&from=resultpage&itineraryCode=ESCAPE7MIARTBBPICMACZMMIA

image.png.9249a1c488d73e442d2b56229eab4cae.png

Edited by cruiseny4life

2 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Well our itinerary is now just slightly different (read totally different) than when we booked. Oh well, I suppose the Mayan ruins can wait for another time. Off to the Eastern Caribbean we go! This is the April 30th sailing from Miami on NCL Escape. I wonder when the website will be updated with the new itinerary: https://www.ncl.com/cruises/7-day-caribbean-round-trip-miami-harvest-caye-cozumel-and-roatan-ESCAPE7MIARTBBPICMACZMMIA?sailMonths=4294934049&ships=4294959336&numberOfGuests=4294953449&sortBy=featured&autoPopulate=f&from=resultpage&itineraryCode=ESCAPE7MIARTBBPICMACZMMIA

image.png.9249a1c488d73e442d2b56229eab4cae.png

Holy cow, that is a significant change!

• Like 2

Wow! Well, I'd be excited about the addition of San Juan! Usually on a U.S. homeport sailing, it will cost you a little more to book an itinerary going there. And while I know some people don't love St. Thomas, hopefully you do! I'd personally take it over Costa Maya, Belize and Cozumel anyway, though really, almost any port is a good port to me.

And yeah, you're probably safe catching the Mayan ruins another time. 🙂

• Like 2

well, first off, youre 100% correct, and the ruins arent going anywhere since theyvr been there for over 1000 years

still, imho this itinerary is completely different than the one you signed up for, and personally, if it were me, i'd cancel as i have no interest at all in the newly revised one.

i understand a change in a port for whatever reasons, but to change the entire cruise i feel is completely uncceptable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

well, first off, youre 100% correct, and the ruins arent going anywhere since theyvr been there for over 1000 years

still, imho this itinerary is completely different than the one you signed up for, and personally, if it were me, i'd cancel as i have no interest at all in the newly revised one.

i understand a change in a port for whatever reasons, but to change the entire cruise i feel is completely uncceptable

We all agree to it when we book a cruise.

It is actually a pretty good itinerary (although no where near the original ports). I am used to getting into San Juan in the late afternoon and staying into the night which is a pretty poor port call. But,,, no idea why they are staying in San Juan so long, making them late into Puerto Plata. 

• Like 2

mocruise fan.

we agreed, but im sure no one anticipated an entire change from the original itinerary. i indicated i understand a port change, not the entire trip. i know i'm in the minority here by reading the other posts. 

that being said, however, personally, i have no desire to stop in puerto rico. been there done that (for an entire week)st thomas, been there 3 times, BORING!!!!

GSC, i wouldnt even  bother to get off the ship, and i have no overwhelming need/desire to see or go anywhere in the dominican republic. 

so, imho, the entirely new itinerary is not at all what i agreed to, nor what i wanted to see or where i wanted to go.  So my friend (and i use the term very loosely) i personally would cancel the cruise, or if the final payment date has passed, i'd file a formal complaint with both the ncl main office and the florida better business bureau.

this is not because im an attorney, it's this itinerary is not at all what was advertised. (bait & switch) perhaps.

if,however, it was you on this cruise, and you were satisfied with the changes, more power to you!

it's their money

• Like 3

2 hours ago, complawyer said:

mocruise fan.

we agreed, but im sure no one anticipated an entire change from the original itinerary. i indicated i understand a port change, not the entire trip. i know i'm in the minority here by reading the other posts. 

that being said, however, personally, i have no desire to stop in puerto rico. been there done that (for an entire week)st thomas, been there 3 times, BORING!!!!

GSC, i wouldnt even  bother to get off the ship, and i have no overwhelming need/desire to see or go anywhere in the dominican republic. 

so, imho, the entirely new itinerary is not at all what i agreed to, nor what i wanted to see or where i wanted to go.  So my friend (and i use the term very loosely) i personally would cancel the cruise, or if the final payment date has passed, i'd file a formal complaint with both the ncl main office and the florida better business bureau.

this is not because im an attorney, it's this itinerary is not at all what was advertised. (bait & switch) perhaps.

if,however, it was you on this cruise, and you were satisfied with the changes, more power to you!

it's their money

You didn't agree to any ports at all.  You agreed to a 7-day cruise which is exactly what you are getting!

6 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Well our itinerary is now just slightly different (read totally different) than when we booked.

I just looked and it still appears to be the old itinerary.  Might be a website fluke.  Same thing happened to me:  one day I logged on and saw my itinerary was flipped.  Same ports, reverse order.  No biggie, but then it reverted back to the original.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@MoCruiseFan

You didn't agree to any ports at all.  

I disagree; every CONFIRMATION EMAIL I have received from NCL has a definite itinerary as the last portion of the T&Cs.    While NCL's T&Cs allow for "simple changes" a totally different cruise is not a "simple change".

NCL can just fall back on....

(c) Itinerary Deviation: The Guest agrees that the Carrier has the sole discretion and liberty to direct the movements of the vessel, including the rights to: proceed without pilots and tow, and assist other vessels in all situations; deviate from the purchased voyage or the normal course for any purpose, including, without limitation, the health and safety in the interest of Guests or of the vessel (including the outbreak of any communicable disease), or to save life or property; put in at any unscheduled or unadvertised port; cancel any scheduled call at any port for any reason and at any time before, during or after sailing of the vessel; omit, advance or delay landing at any scheduled or advertised port; return to port of embarkation or to any port previously visited if the Carrier deems it prudent to do so; substitute another vessel or port(s) of call without prior notice and without incurring any liability to the Guest on account thereof for any loss, damage or delay whatsoever, whether consequential or otherwise, except as may be required by law.

• Like 1

@Two Wheels Only

(c) Itinerary Deviation: 

That would be an interesting legal discussion.   When is a complete alteration of a cruise itinerary an "Itinerary DEVIATION"?

Also the bolded portion "deviate from the purchased voyage or the normal course for any purpose"  could bring up an argument that one can only "DEVIATE" after the cruise had started.

I don't doubt that "substitute another vessel or port(s) of call without prior notice" could be argued to cover such a massive change, but even NCL must have some thoughts about "Customer Service".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jskinsd said:

Looks OK with me.  After all NCL can do anything they want, when they want.  Change, cancel.  They already have your money.  No reasons.   Enjoy your cruise. 

she doesn’t sail til April.  She could just cancel and get all of her money back and book something she likes better.   So NCL doesn’t have anyone over a barrel as you seem to want everyone to think. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, casofilia said:

Also the bolded portion "deviate from the purchased voyage or the normal course for any purpose"  could bring up an argument that one can only "DEVIATE" after the cruise had started.

Having the freedom to change course after a cruise has started makes it even easier to change course before the cruise has started. 😳

It sucks but NCL will also point to....

Itinerary Changes

In the event of strikes, lockouts, stoppages of labor, riots, weather conditions, mechanical difficulties or any other reason whatsoever, Norwegian Cruise Line has the right to cancel, advance, postpone or substitute any scheduled sailing or itinerary without prior notice.

• Haha 1

mocruise fan.

it's their money

• Like 1