Club Orange on the Rotterdam

hmorrow

17 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

Do any of you think we could do club orange, and request to keep our same cabin, as its an sunset aft?

Hi Gail and Marty- remember us?

Yes you can.  They will ask which cabin you want.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, oakridger said:

Price for CO is based on number of days in the cruise, not cabin category.

So price for CO would be the same for an ocean view as for a V category for same  #days of sailing and your upgrade cabin would just be in the same meta category?  (Unless you wanted to pay upgrade to next cabin category which I believe would be discounted if you already paid for CO...so OP might ask for a discount if staying in booked cabin). We've never needed to use the CO program but it's interesting to see how they price it.

4 hours ago, REOVA said:

So price for CO would be the same for an ocean view as for a V category for same  #days of sailing and your upgrade cabin would just be in the same meta category? YES  (Unless you wanted to pay upgrade to next cabin category which I believe would be discounted if you already paid for CO...so OP might ask for a discount if staying in booked cabin) From the way I understand it, NO!   . We've never needed to use the CO program but it's interesting to see how they price it.

My response in red above.  I doubt there would be any discount in a higher category just for having CO.  If I am wrong, please let me know!.  

~Nancy

I think the biggest benefit of Club Orange is the cabin upgrade.  I select an obstructed verandah fare, pay for Club Orange and get an upgrade to the highest fare cabin within the verandah category.  I always price it both ways; just paying for the highest fare verandah cabin has always been more expensive that adding CO to the lowest fare verandah cabin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

I think the biggest benefit of Club Orange is the cabin upgrade.  I select an obstructed verandah fare, pay for Club Orange and get an upgrade to the highest fare cabin within the verandah category.  I always price it both ways; just paying for the highest fare verandah cabin has always been more expensive that adding CO to the lowest fare verandah cabin.

I do the same and so far it has cost me less than if I had booked the higher cabin initially and I get the bonus of the Club Orange dining room, priority embark and tenders and separate guest services line. I have heard that some people have received some OBC when booking CO and staying in their cabin. Won’t know if you don’t ask. 

34 minutes ago, waiting2retire said:

I do the same and so far it has cost me less than if I had booked the higher cabin initially and I get the bonus of the Club Orange dining room, priority embark and tenders and separate guest services line. I have heard that some people have received some OBC when booking CO and staying in their cabin. Won’t know if you don’t ask. 

All good ideas about getting benefits for keeping the same cabin.

I’ll have to call back, because the girl I talked to was clueless….said she didn’t think I could add it? And had no idea if I could keep the same cabin.

4 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

I’ll have to call back, because the girl I talked to was clueless….said she didn’t think I could add it? And had no idea if I could keep the same cabin.

Luckily you can purchase Club Orange through the same number as the paid upgrades.  They are very knowledgeable at that number.

Contact 888-628-8107 between 8am and 5pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday

• Like 4

On 8/24/2022 at 10:28 AM, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Yes they do and have a great chief and a the nicest Hosts and waiter team. 

If you are still onboard, please give a shout out to Franco and Elena from the big family group on the June 19 sailing.

We were able to purchase Club Orange after we were already booked and had a V category cabin selected.  HAL refared us at the Obstructed Verandah (VH) rate and we were able to keep our V category cabin.  We are on a 21 day Carribbean cruise so CO was $15/day per person ...  $630 for the two of us but overall booking price (including CO) dropped by $710.  We saved a lot of $$$ and we were also able to switch to the Early Booking rate which includes HIA with crew appreciation fees included.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hmorrow said:

I used a PCC for a very long time.  She's been with hal a very long time and still is. She was lovely but she basically told me I could only get a cabin in the same VH category.  I pushed the issue and of course I was right.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, C&K2Cruise said:

We were able to purchase Club Orange after we were already booked and had a V category cabin selected.  HAL refared us at the Obstructed Verandah (VH) rate and we were able to keep our V category cabin.  We are on a 21 day Carribbean cruise so CO was $15/day per person ...  $630 for the two of us but overall booking price (including CO) dropped by $710.  We saved a lot of $$$ and we were also able to switch to the Early Booking rate which includes HIA with crew appreciation fees included.   

We’re on a 10 day carribean, and are a vs. should it be 15 a day, also? Wonder why she told me 25. I wonder if I could get a refare and keep the same cabin. That would be great. I have a travel agent. I’ll talk to him about it……he’d probably have to orchestrate it. I was surprised the customer service gal, even talked to me, since I have a TA.

22 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

We’re on a 10 day carribean, and are a vs. should it be 15 a day, also? Wonder why she told me 25. I wonder if I could get a refare and keep the same cabin. That would be great. I have a travel agent. I’ll talk to him about it……he’d probably have to orchestrate it. I was surprised the customer service gal, even talked to me, since I have a TA.

I too was allowed to just call HAL about adding CO even though I had a TA.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, JesseLivermore said:

B TW I tried buying CO at check in, no dice. Have to do prior to boarding apparently.

Was it you that asked before you left about doing this?  If so I think I mentioned it likely wouldn’t work very well. Personally I’ve never heard of any deals last minute so I don’t think there is any upside plus the cabin selection would likely be slim to none at that point.  If that doesn’t matter I don’t know why it would be a problem although they probably wouldn’t know how to handle the accounting side of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hmorrow said:

I believe it is usually $25 pp/pd on cruises under 14 days and $15 pp/pd on cruises 14 days and over. As with everything, I’m sure there are exceptions, but this is what I have found to be the case. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, waiting2retire said:

I believe it is usually $25 pp/pd on cruises under 14 days and $15 pp/pd on cruises 14 days and over. As with everything, I’m sure there are exceptions, but this is what I have found to be the case. 

Maybe the cut off is 15 days.  I do club orange on b2b 7 days (14 days in total) and pay the equivalent of $25 usd per day.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Maybe the cut off is 15 days.  I do club orange on b2b 7 days (14 days in total) and pay the equivalent of $25 usd per day.

I think b2b is considered two separate cruises for Club Orange. I booked a 14 day TA and the 7 day immediately following at the same time and was charged $15 for the 14 day and $25 for the 7 day. 

Edited by waiting2retire
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Was it you that asked before you left about doing this?  If so I think I mentioned it likely wouldn’t work very well. Personally I’ve never heard of any deals last minute so I don’t think there is any upside plus the cabin selection would likely be slim to none at that point.  If that doesn’t matter I don’t know why it would be a problem although they probably wouldn’t know how to handle the accounting side of it.

yeah I was curious so I pointed to the CO sign and asked if I could still do it.  It's funny they push spa "gift cards" (really coupons) etc but don't want to upsell room upgrades/CO on board.

• Thanks 1

If CO is an important add-on for you, keep in mind CO has a capacity limit and many times does sell out prior to departure - especially on the Pinnacle Class ships (Rotterdam, Koningsdam, N Statendam) which all have a private dining room.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1